Is it possible a girl can be TOO beautiful for guys?

Everyone in my life tells me I am a gorgeous girl and extremely kind. I love to help people. Guys compliment me sometimes (my age). But it's a rare thing that I have a boyfriend. I have had 2 in my whole life and they were extremely controlling so I broke it off. I have Googled it and there are other girls like me who have the same situation...
Do I intimidate guys? What is it? I am so nice.. :/
Why are guys so nervous around me? I fear being alone. I'm a social butterfly! I live talking to people and making them laugh and be happy. I don't understand. Please help me understand.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you are a truly stunning and gorgeous girl, you are probably experiencing some dating trouble. I'll explain why...

Despite the show of confidence most men put on, we are generally aware of our own level of attractiveness and appeal and can get a good estimate of the type of girl we can attract. For the average joe, we look for an average jane. When we see someone that is gorgeous like a supermodel, of course we find them irresistible. But at the same time, we subconsciously place her as unattainable. Someone to be admired from afar and worshipped... but never approached.

The reason? We have led ourselves to believe that a super gorgeous girl will get swept up by some man equally attractive or rich. Consequently, when you go out with your friends, your less attractive girlfriends will get hit on - but you will be left alone and untouched due to your aura of unattainability.

Many models have complained of something similar, while the public often wonders why someone so beautiful is always single.

In these situations, you are the one who has to make the first move. I don't mean that you have to ask a guy out. But the first smile will probably have to be made by you. A simple gesture like a smile is a signal for a guy that it's ok for them to approach you. Too often, girls play this little game where they look away or don't smile at a guy. This does not tell us that you're playing hard to get. It tells us that you are unapproachable, which is why so many girls who do this are not approached by men.

• Listen to this guy. Here's the best answer.

• Wow this explains so freaking much. That's exactly what I've been doing this whole time with this guy (looking away when he's about to catch me looking at him) and this just explains why he hasn't come up to me 😕. And when it comes to the smiling I'm just too shy to do something as small as smiling at a guy. Ughh. No wonder he hasn't come up to me 😞 And this whole time I just thought he wasn't entirely interested or something.

• Oh my god. You just cleared up my entire lifes dating problem. 😨👌
      Thank.

What Guys Said 23

• I am of a mind to say that you just haven't met the right guy - I don't believe the "too beautiful" or "out of a person's league" either way for men or women - There are beautiful people, normal people, smart people, rich people, poor people some of whom are finding it hard to get a BF/GF. Their time will come.

• If you really ARE attractive, most normal guys aren't going to go for you. Sorry, but it's the truth. They assume you're way too above them and that you'd rather have a guy who is hot and perfect and such. They also might assume you're vain from your looks and will act like a bitch or be unloyal.

You know who WILL go for you than regular dudes? Guys who think they're hot shit. Trust me honey, the male ego can do powerful things. I've seen guys who make like $12k a year at a dead-end job they show up high to every day think they're the coolest thing since sliced bread. They'll instantly go find the hottest girl in a club/party/bar and go hit on her. I don't know how, but it will work. So attractive girls like you are actually MORE likely to get stuck with a D-bag because he's going to think he's good enough, if not better than you (that's why they're controlling).

So... good luck I guess?

• It could be because you're "hot stuff" (just paraphrasing here), and that you're a social butterfly that guys your age think that "you flirt with all the guys." Whether this is or isn't true, that's how some guys perceive this.

I would ask what your friends and family think of you "as a whole."

• Plenty of people maybe intimidated by your beauty, but not all. Sooner or later, a guy will approach you no matter what; he's just around the corner waiting to bump into you XD

• Yes, some girls have that kind of magic... it's true

• Yes, I believe so. I'm not really a shy person, unless I see an attractive lady, then I begin to stutter whenever I speak to her. It sucks, but if they knew me, then I think they'd understand (and hopefully be flattered by it).

• There's no such thing as too beautiful but beautiful girls do intimidate guys

• I think when your Too Beautiful, you become shallow/ selfish and expect everything, aren't humble and those traits are Not attractive.

You sound like you aren't like that so I suspect nice guys are intimidated by you and think you might be out of their league. The result of this is only the jerks will hit on you. I think you will be happier, going for the guys you are interested in.

• pic or fake

ain't nobody too beautiful for me

• Well it could be also that your too open to what ever a guy wants to do that it doesn't feel quite right.

• So basically I'm in the same boat as you. I'm an OK looking guy but no one seems to be attracted to me. I'm also a very kind, charitable, funny, well manerd yong man. But like I said no one seems to be attracted to me. The reason may be that if you are a good looking, kind positive and humerus person, that other people may fell that they aren't as good as you thus by their own lack of self-esteem they try to avoid being around you. That's my thoughts and I hope they help you and like I said I'm in the same boat.

• I would likely assume you and I have nothing in common or you wouldn't give me a chance. Most guys at my average attractiveness level will think this.

• Really? Do you think they would ever give me a chance. People know I'm a nice girl and that I don't mess around like that...
      And even if I told them I'm staying with them?

• damn man you let down thy beautiful girl - that by some miraculous reason decided to wave at you- because of your insecurity? thats a shame.

@Asker maybe indeed he thinks you are messing with him but i believe its just his insecurities and non existent confidence.

• I would probably think you were just being friendly and freak out lol. And yeah I just assumed she wasn't waving at me and was looking at someone else. I never thought a beautiful girl would wave at me lol.

• Hey can you send me a pic somehow. PM me or something. I just want to know what you look like. It will help me determine my opinion.

• Nope that's not posible

• Over-qualification, my dear. It exists...

• You have no problems. Stop making up problems in your head. Next?

• It's really rare this happens, like extremely rare

• I would like to know you if you were close to my place. There might be something wrong but it's not your looks (I guess).

• My guess is it's because you don't ask out guys.

• yes and because of this mostly guy don't approach her

• lol at narcissiistic women in the internet believing they are "intimidating guys" and are "too out of their league", instead of seeing the real problem which is their faulty character... .

• I never really believed that I am intimidating but I just explained my situation. I actually don't look in the mirror and think "damn you're a beautiful girl" ... ever. I just said that because my family, friends, coworkers, etc compliment me often. I actually really don't appreciate you calling me narcissistic or that I have a fault in character
      Because I am very nice to people and love to see people laugh and smile. It's cute how you hide behind a computer and write rude comments on ANONYMOUS. Real cute.
      I was just curious because I have heard of such thing before and seen it with one of my peers. Thanks for your time darling.

• Yw:) I didn't feel that poster was being fair to you.

• not too beautiful, but too unaproachable

• What can I do to be more approachable? What's making me unapproachable right now.. so I can work on it

• im just speaking from my pov. i dont think that every guy will think like this. i dont know if there is anything you could do. im def not gonna say 'get uglier' lol. please dont to that!!
      maybe you could approach somebody you find interesting... other then that. dont worry. some guys will talk to you sooner or later!
      its just me that gets super intimidated why extremely beautiful girls

• If you're not on the same level of looks you don't bother because although she might like you for your personality- you have to appreciate that most people are shallow so it's likely she'll upgrade, it's nothing personal.

• Oh wow really... that makes me so sad. Even if they knew I was a nice girl? That doesn't mess around like that? I really really like this guy and he has self esteem issues because he was chunky as a child and teased. I think he's perfect though. Could that explain it. He gets nervous around me and no one else that I've seen

• Yeah that's probably it. The problem is also that people only tend to be nice as long as they like you, when they stop liking you they can be quite cold-hearted about it, even if they seemed nice and like they'd handle a break up sensitively, I know this from experience.

What Girls Said 4

• I don't know why some guys are giving you a hard time loool... I know what you mean. While I wouldn't consider myself to be drop dead gorgeous, there are some guys who have considered me "out of their league" aka too pretty or too perfect. I don't think I am, but yeah. So I understand what you mean. There are guys who get intimated by it because they think "she'd never go for me", and if they do get a chance with you they get over protective because they think you will leave them, and its so easy for you to find someone else. Plus other guys would give you a lot of attention.

• Not possible, dude lol

• They just might be nervous and intimidated by you

• Because you are considering yourself too beautiful for guys.

• I definetly do not think so. I get complimented a lot.. like I said above. It actually makes me sad that I don't have a boyfriend... I don't think I am too good for anyone..

• Why do you even need to have a boyfriend when you don't have feelings for anyone?

• I do have feelings for this one guy that i have been talking to... so...