I am going bald! I am turning 20 in March. I am so young. I feel depressed! What do I do?

I am going bald! I am turning 20 in March.  I am so young. I feel depressed! What do I do?

I am 19 years old. In last 2 years I have lost a lot of my hair. My hair used to be thick jet black and a lot full looking and now the front is thinning and my hairline has moved back from the sides. And they feel like feathers. Everybody goes bald in family. My dad did in his 30s and my brother did in their late 20s so I knew it was going to happen! But I never imagined it would be this early. I already look older than my actual age because I have facial hair. I went ahead a short hair almost like a buzz cut. But I am depressed because I don't want to go bald! I don't want to be bald when I get married. I am dating this beautiful fun girl that I love a lot and she loves me as well. We have been dating for almost 7 months now and I plan on marrying her but what if she changes feelings about me or don't like me anymore or love me anymore because I changed, went bald! I know I'll feel insecure. I already do. And if she leaves me how am I suppose to find someone. When I'll look like I am in 30s but actually like early 20. I feel depressed. I'll attach my old to recent pictures. I workout and take care of my body! What else can I do to be attractive bald guy? What styles? The picture from the top is a year or two ago and the last two is the most recent. I feel like you can't tell that I am going bald. But I really am. I sill have decent amount I suppose. But it's falling out. Should I just go ahead a shave my head or get a more close to scalp buzzcut?
Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Aww, please fight hard not to be depressed... there are some things about our bodies we cannot control, so we have to accept them and keep going. Change like that is really hard. I'd probably feel the same way. But... always remember, you've only got one life! It's worth it to feel good! You have a very, very handsome face and already have a great girl. You're rich. Cheer up, bald can be beautiful. Rock it with the right attitude.

Most Helpful Guy

• embrace it.. if you go bald early.. accept it as a part of you.. you will be surprised with the amount of people who dont give a hoot what someone looks like. (regardless of what the media tell us to think)

What Girls Said 12

• Your hair looks fine and there are many bald guys who look great that way. I prefer short to no hair on a guy's head.

• I can't really tell that you're going bald. But I love your eyebrows!

• You wouldn't look bad with a shaved head. You're attractive 😊

• First of all, you're gorgeous! Have you tried Viviscal? It's a supplement, all natural. My hair has become twice as thick since I have been taking it. I love it! They make one especially for men too and they sell it at drug stores next to the shampoos.

• You're still hot as fuck if it counts for anything :P

• Even as a bald man, you look great. Be happy!

• if this girl you like is really into you, she wouldn't leave you just because you went bald

what you're going through is more hereditary the way you describe it. you can try a DHT blocking shampoo and see if that will slow it down. some people swear by castor oil too.

that said, you look fine right now. i'd hold off on the buzz cut until you can see an actual bald spot.

• Try to fix it...

• Isn't it supposed to be the overacting male sex hormones that makes you guys lose your hair, speak to a Trichologist.

• Yeah. It's DHT, a higher more potent form of testosterone. And you can't really do anything about it, except take DHT blocker pill like finasteride or propecia. which has scary side effects.

• I can't really tell that you are, to be honest. I like the last two pics of you, you look attractive with short hair.

• But you are implying bald guys are less attractive even shaven?

• Your gonna be a baldy, hahaha. ...

• You are such a comedian. Lolol

• I wish you went bald

• Lol kinda. . but dont worry i think your good looking, you will look good bald. But there is always an option on hair transplant, but what the point? It really doesn't matter its just hair and your a guy so...

• If your eyebrows is more thinner , you look better

• Unfortunately I can't make my eyebrows thinner. As they are part of my genetics. I get them done but it'll look weird and too on point if I got them done thinner! :/

• Dont worry 😊 i think you look better. Ur cute

What Guys Said 19

• In the bottom two pics your hair is still fine - Far to early to be thinking of shaving it or a buzz cut

• Thank you! And definitely will get a buzzcut when it's time for it

• start using that rogain foam and maybe taking biotin, otherwise go to a dermatoligist or something, those are things you can possibly do, i mean it can be caused from genetics, stress, bad diet, many things, im in the same boat, for me it was bad diet and stress mainly, now my hair isn't falling out so much tho

• Well u am going bald too lol most of arabs go bald that's why when we lose the hair of our heads we grow the hair of out face (aka beard ) 😎

• I think it's probably due to heredity.

Your only options might be hair transplant or hair weaving, but they don't always work. It's up to you, if you want to go for it. If it doesn't work for you though, you would have lost quite a lot of money.

• If I every go bald I always said I will shave my head. Better a shaved head then a bals spot I always say.

• Yeah just shave your head when it gets to that point and i think you can pull off the Brown Jason Statham look.

• Just own it man, I'm balding at 22 and I just stopped caring. If someone doesn't like me because of that, they aren't worth anything to me.

• Just live with it. I started going bald about 5 or 6 (maybe more) years ago. There's not much you can do, unless you are open to using Rogaine or something.

• If she changes her feeling because of your hair, then she didn't love you in the first place. I would do what you are doing and start rocking the short hair. Nothing wrong with that

• No worries man. Once it gets bad enough just shave ur head. I can imagine u look good with a shaven head

• Don't worry about it. You shampoo bill will go down and you won't have to spend money or conditioner or detangler. However, your eyebrows are so bushy maybe you can do hair transplants.

In the meanwhile, take this sage advice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cTkTEpEYfk

• If you're feeling down then just look at this...

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a24219-male-celebrities-that-look-better-bald

• You just gotta move on man time will heal wounds or at least make it less painful.

• Patrick stewart and Sean Connery both went bald at a younger age than you

• Wait till you have a bald spot in back. Then shave bald. In 10 years there'll be effective drugs. Pay no attention to any of the "cures" dont go for a transplant because they say, "treat it while you're young." because that doesn't work.

• Don't fret about it now. At this point it's too early to tell whether or not you're losing your hair. Some people have longer foreheads than others, and most won't even consider you might be losing your hair.

• tough shit dude.

• Eat a fresh and raw garlic every day, that's what they say to prevent going bald.

• Have you tried Rogaine at all? My older brother is like yourself but he's losing it at the back of his head and the Rogaine stopped or slowed down the progression of it so long as he was on it.