My hairline is receding and I feel like utter crap?

I've always had a high hair line but I'm quite sure my hair is thinning and receding up the sides on my forehead. Because my hair has grown out you can't really see it (my avi is actually much easier to notice it than other photos). I hoesntly feel like crap now and don't know what to do. I've already battled self-esteem issues for years but this is a major throat punch. My brother is already bald and only 30 and I'm afraid I'll follow the same path. I'll probably go the doctor to get some pills to treat it but still. I already wasn't bey attractive and now I feel even worse. Is their any hope for me in my 20's? I feel like just giving up and living life alone now...

Most Helpful Guy

• First of all I am probably wrong guy to give advice but majority of my male friends would have had high foreheads in their 20s and didn't progress as radically as I did.
    Okay if it does happen the best thing is just accept it and when you past point of no return shave it off - Don't spend a fortune on hair treatments, hair transplants, funny looking hairstyles, wigs etc - Look at Trump, a billionaire and his cover ups look pathetic.

What Girls Said 1

• Is it genetic? Your profile pic looks fine to me...

What Guys Said 1

• I know exactly how you feel, it sucks ass. :/ My hairline isn't receding, but my hair has been thinning since I was fucking 16 years old.

Part of it is because of genetics, but most of it is because when I was 16, I lost a lot of weight in a short amount of time (I went from 240 to 160 in like 6 months). But I didn't do it in the healthiest way. I skipped meals often, barely drank water, and I worked out like 3 hours a day, 6 days a week. The serious lack of nutrients caused my body to go into a shock mode and started taking them from other sources to make up for what was lacking, and a lot of it was taken from my hair, causing it to thin and partially fall out. I looked like I had some kind of disease.

It's improved a lot since then, my hair is not as thin as it was before, but it's still kind of noticeable (especially when my hair is short). It really ruined my confidence. For years I was so self conscious about my weight (among some other things), and when I finally lost that excess weight and begin to think that I can finally be happy in my own skin, I lose like half of my fucking hair and get another reason to hate the way I look.
    www.makemeheal.com/.../...ransplant-donor-area.jpg
    When you get the chance, look up "FUE hair transplant". It's not that strip procedure that leaves an ugly scar, that shit is outdated. This type of hair transplant is done by the surgeon shaving the back of your head, then they use this machine to extract individual hair follicles instead of carving out one big strip, then they plant those follicles on the areas of your scalp where your hair had fallen out and/or thinned. I plan on getting that transplant done one day when I have the money for it.
    www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/.../...op-167806.jpg
    Definitely read up more on this, don't just take my word for it.