What do you think of adult braces?

Do you think they look silly? I need them not extremely badly but I could benefit from them. I'm thinking about getting them.

Most Helpful Guy

• Fine with me if they will generate a great result.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's fine, better late than never. I don't think they'd look silly. If you're worried about that, you could always get Invisalign braces or something.

What Guys Said 7

• It is totally up to you - It is a big commitment time, financial and patience wise - I had braces as a kid and my teeth turned out well - So it is just a weighing up, process and then making a decision

• Yeah its hot havig braces on your teeth is like your teeth going to prison and jail is hot because danger and I like danger ;P stereotype removed nah nah nah nah you can't catch me
    www.gifbin.com/bin/1238064836_kid_vs_pole.gif

• I'm getting them at 22. Will have them on for a year. Zero fcks given.

• They do look kind of silly, but I give them props for getting their teeth fixed. It's would be a lot better than having bad teeth.

• When I was growing up in school I was always attracted to girls with braces. They wouldn't bother me.

• it's unusual, but it's whatever really.

• get it... up

What Girls Said 2

• What do you need them for? Will you regret it years down the road when you're teeth aren't perfect because you thought it would be lame to wear braces?

Personally, I think if you have the money, you should get them. It seems like a drag, especially once you're out of high school but it's worth it. You'll forget all about them once you're used to them. Plus, if you're 24 or under, you'll probably look fine with them. My step mom had braces at 40 and I had a teacher in her 30s who wore them... I think they're actually kinda cute.

I had to get mine on at 18 during my second year of college. I still have them at 20 and I'm looking forward to getting them off soon, but they've definitely been worth the trouble.

• Of course they look silly as you expect braces on pimply teens, but it's not uncommon. I've met a handful of people with adult braces and didn't find it odd. They just didn't have the resources to get braces as children is all.