Do you believe we see ourselves uglier or prettier?

When I see a picture of myself I seriously want to throw up, but when I look in the mirror it's not so bad. I heard we really look 5x uglier in real life to other people but then I heard the complete opposite of this. What do you guys think?

• We're uglier then we think
  • We're prettier then we think
  • Other

Most Helpful Guy

• C. It completely depends on what kind of attitude u have and how cock u r and how high ur self esteem is. Some people think the world revolves around them so those people will think they're the hottest stuff ever. Whereas normal people with a not so overly high self esteem will probably think less of themselves than they actually are. Know what I mean?

What Guys Said 14

• I think we're better looking than we think. We're our own worst critic. I know for me it's rare that I'm confident in my appearance. And sometimes when I'm out and about and I look in the mirror I'm like 'wow, why did I leave the house, I look horrible!'. When in reality it may not be that way

• Highly depends on the person
    For example: if you have glasses you tend to pay more attention to detail and notice a lot ore flaws
    If your insecure you'll seek flaws
    if your secure then you'll boost your ego

its diffrent for each person, if you think you look worse then most people then you probably see yourself uglier :(

• What does wearing glasses have to do with anything? You mean people who have good eye sight?

• @earthlingkierstyn No people with glasses tend to pay more attention to detail since they are used to blurry vision
      And when they then start to wear glasses everything becomes clear and theyll pay more attention to small details that they didn't see on themselves in the past.
      They simply see from the moment they get glasses a lot more small imprefections on themselfs

People who wear glasses often also have a better eye for detail then people who dont wear glasses, they have the same effect on themselves

• Oh I didn't know this and I wear glasses lol

• I think we look better than we think - What is the whole beauty and diet industry based upon?

• We are always so critical of ourselves.
    We are better than we think.

• Depends on the person's self esteem. A confident person would see themselves prettier.

• our thinking doesn't matter... because everyone has its own standards of views

• We're jacked than we think

• Uglier... I'm getting old

• Think only of things that make you happy.

• Uglier, every week I discover little deviations. it just makes me really insecure.

• I'm the same I think you just need to go with the one where you look best and believe that.

• Unless your name is JustBanANNAz who thinks her shit doesn't stink, I think we're prettier than we think.

• We look better to ourselves usually, but with pictures it's the opposite.

• I don't like my photo's either and I don't want to be in any. In fact about 5 years ago I was in a video with a celebrity and luckily I made several videos with her but I wouldn't let anybody see the video with me and her in it just the one with her because I looked so bad.

What Girls Said 8

• I definitely think we are harsher on ourselves than we really ought to be. We look at ourselves with different eyes and can't see the full picture. Other people can see us in a much more fuller and objective light.

• OMG i keep voting the option i don't actually believe wtf? -.-

i meant B -.- we're prettier than we think.

• I think it depends.
    Sometimes I'm like wow wtf happened to my face I look horrendous and my eyebrows are fucked while my boyfriends praising me and blah blah then others days I'm like fuck yea i look hella good and my boyfriends like wow you look dead are you sick?
    😑😑
    I also think we can be too critical about ourselves because we know where all our flaws are.

• You can be pretty without being photogenic, OP♡ That said, the only people I know who really over estimate their beauty have some type of delusional disorder or have messed with meth. Most of us are self-critical in an effort to make a good impression on others.

• I think we are very harsh when it comes to criticizing ourselves. If anything we are extremely hard on ourselves. We are prettier then we think. It just takes someone else to tell us that, because we certainly don't believe it.

• I think that we're our own worst critics so we don't always see what others see. I don't think I'm very photogenic. Especially when other people take the pictures.

• Depends on the person I guess

• I think we are better looking than we think we are. Everyone judges themselves harshly.