Am I thick or just fat?

I was chubby when I was a kid, and then fat from about ages 9-10. I slimmed down a little in junior high, but I was wondering if I would still be considered "fat" or "thick" now that I'm older.

I'm 5"7 and 175-180 pounds, it's fluctuates due to weeks where I don't eat much and weeks where I eat normally. I wear a size 10-12 in jeans and a L in most shirts, but I am sometimes a medium depending on the fit of the shirt. 36D boobs. I have an hourglass shape with a little more ass than boobs; but I don't have much of a stomach and my hips are pretty smooth: no noticeable love handles.

I haven't been called "fat" since I was a kid. I get attention from guys, and I've been dating the same guy for 6 months now. I have been called thick, and many of the guys who like me praise my "ass" although I think my boobs are nicer and have a better shape. I do have pretty great breasts, but I feel like if I lost 10-15 pounds and lost what minimal stomach chub that I have, I would get so much more attention and feel better. However, am I fat fat, or just thick? I heard my boyfriend talking negatively about fat girls and I have been thinking about it ever since. I would think that he doesn't consider me fat, but I am definitely not a thin girl. So I'm not really sure what to think of that.

Am I thick?

Most Helpful Guy

• From ur description I'd say ur a very curvy girl. Very nice! Hourglass shape with nice smooth hips and round rear! D boobs r ideal size too. Anything bigger gets almost too big for me. I'd need to see a picture to be sure but I'd bet u look mighty fine young lady. I'd describe u as a thick curvy. Definitely not fat.

What Guys Said 8

• Hard to tell without pic - Sounds very curvy to me

• Id need a picture tp answer your question

• We can't tell without a picture.

• better you post a pic

• Too long, didn't read...

• Thick curvy, not bad.

• You are thick but in a good way

• post a pic honey

What Girls Said 4

• You're probably chubby, but I wouldn't say "fat". It does depend some on how you carry the weight, and on how much of it is muscle versus fat (since muscle weighs more). If you're looking to get a better idea of yourself from an outside perspective though, try "mybodygallery. com" (remove the space), you can search images of people at your height and weight. Looking at them, I'd call many of them chubby, but not fat.

• You are just fine. You're probably just thick and curvy. I envy that. Use it to your advantage. Many guys like confidence AND your body type. Yes, losing 4-10 pounds may be nice if you want a more toned stomach. But you are just fine now too. As long as you are happy with yourself.

• Picture? That might be helpful

• Hard to tell without a pic. Some people wear weight better than others. 180 at 5'7" I'd say fat, and I don't mean that negatively I mean as a description of an overweight body. Doesn't mean you aren't beautiful!