Am I too tall for a girl?

I am a dark skinned African American girl that is about 5'8. I used to wear heels all of the time but since I began dating my boyfriend I stopped wearing heels because he is the same height as me and I don't want to be that tall. In addition my legs are very long. Am I too tall for a girl? I wish I was 5'6.

Most Helpful Girl

• There is no such thing as too tall (unless you start hitting the ceiling), I'm almost 6'0" myself (around 182 cm).
    If you want to wear high heels you should just wear high heels. I bet your boyfriend wouldn't really care that much if you're taller than him. And if other people think it's weird just ignore them, because their opinion doesn't matter.

What Guys Said 15

• 5'8 is definitely not too tall

• Oh come on that's not very tall. No need to feel insecure or uncomfortable. If you like wearing heels just in general then wear them. I doubt your guy or any other guy will be unhappy with you wearing heels. Plus, a few inches taller than him is just fine.

• You have to realize that these days 5'8" isn't that tall for a girl. But even if you were 6' tall you could still be totally gorgeous. Or even taller than that, just like the tennis player Maria Sharapova.

• There are a lot of guys who like tall girls

• That is about the average model size.

I am 5'11. I dated a girl that was 6'2 and loved wearing high heels. And no, she was not too tall.

• I don't know. I'm not a tall guy I'm barely 5'9. Most of my friends are taller than me 6'+. For a girl, you'd be considered tall in most places but not too tall. You are still within average of tallness if that makes sense lol

• haha that makes sense

• 2" isn't a huge difference and you aren't even that tall.

• considering the heels I used to wear were 4-5 inches, if I was 2 inches shorter at least I wouldn't look as tall as I do now. but thanks!

• Tall chicks are hot and you should actually wear heels, they'd flaunt ur long legs more

• no you're not too tall

• You are perfect height.

• There is no height anyone is suppose to be. You are the height you are.

• I am 6'1 and even I think you are tall.

• My girl is 5'10" and wears heels it doesn't bother me

• hmmm i've got to do it like her then

• for a girl are you boy?

• No. If you were 5'10" maybe, but your not that tall considering there are quite a few guys over 5'8". I think ideally women like to be between 5'2"-5'6" (just guessing here) since that would make them more appealing to a larger crowd of guys.

What Girls Said 7

• i'm 5'4 (thought i was 5'5 but my doctor sadly informed me otherwise haha) and id rather be 5'8. I always loved my height, but then i started a new job where i was surrounded by tall girls and boom, i instantly wanted to be tall. They stood out in the best way possible. They were noticeable and pretty with long legs and all that. I swear, being tall, in this huge world, is a blessing. You stand out in this world, own it.

• awww thank you but i would've been happy to make that trade!

• That's a great height. Be happy. I wish I was 5'8. Tall girls are sexy.

• Nah.. that's good height... 6+ feet is too tall

• No you are not. Average height for American women is 5'6. Your slightly above average.

• I am a 6'1 girl so no you are not tootall

• 5'8 is no where near a height you should feel ashamed about. I'm 6'2 & 19 female

• Of course you're not too tall! Long legs are sooooo hot.