How do I get rid of my resting ass hole face?

In the military its a good thing to have. Which is why I think i have it. However all of my civilian friends who know me say i have resting ass hole face. In other words I could be in a good mood jist talking to someone but i still look angry and well... like an ass. I think its why people on the civilian side are so reluctant to talk to me. Any suggestions?

Most Helpful Girl

• I "suffer" from resting bitch face, so I know what you mean.

When I'm talking to people, I have to mentally tell myself to smile, even if it's small, just so that people have that visual cue that it's okay to approach me or to keep talking to me. I've been told, by I can't even count how many people, that I look angry, so because of that, I'm always conscious if my facial expression matches what I'm feeling.

Like you said, I could be in a good mood, even happy, but my natural face reads annoyed, bored, and angry. So, the best suggestion I have is what I said above... be conscious that your face isn't necessarily reflecting what you're feeling, and slap a smile on your face (not a creepy or unnaturally big one though), make some eye contact, too.

I'm still working on it myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• It took my dad years till he got out of the military for it to go away

What Girls Said 6

• Um you could try smiling more raising your eyebrows but other than that it's just how you hold your face. My husband looks pissed all the time too! Lol but he's not.

• I'll tell you when I have learned how to get rid of my bitchy resting face...
    But one way is to always smile like you were hit on the head and are confused.

• i don't think you can change it by much, i'd say be aware of the times were your face is relaxed and maybe try and brighten your face up by adding a smile, or at least a subtle grin. Just doing that, lifts the face, and honestly makes you seem easier to approach. Scientifically proven.

• I'd say maybe try growing out your hair to soften your features etc.. but it would probably make your job more difficult. I think that you just need to find people who accept you as you are and look deeper than the cover.

• yea you have that smirky arrogant look going on :p
    just smile, laugh and be laid back
    people will approach you if you sound pleasant and engage enthusiastically

• Have it too. Have to remind myself to smile a lot it gets stuck in the frown a lot

What Guys Said 5

• I don't honestly know because I am the same - When my face is resting I have a big serious head on me - I suppose my best advice is don't think about it - You said you have friends so you have made friends before and will make friends again - Look forward to meeting them, getting to know them and them getting to know you - Enjoy all that rather than worrying about people you may miss out on meeting.

• All I can say is try to constantly have a slight smile on ur face. Consiously try to always have it there. Everytime u realize ur not smiling, start smiling immediately. That's the only way I know of to change ur expression. Eventually u will subconsciously just smile all the time n look happy lol

• Get a paper bag and stick it over your head

• I affected this look for a while. Recently people are much more open to me but I think that's because I do the work introducing myself and demonstrate I'm not actually an angry dick. I think you just have to demonstrate you are actually cool.

• Plastic surgery mate; it'll do you wonder