Who here had "Ugly Ducking Syndrome"?

Who here had

You know the awkward, gawky teen years? Well i'm in one right now. And I could upload a picture of myself but i'm afraid I won't meet standards >.>
I may have the potential, but when does it end? My period started when I just turned 14 so a mere year ago. Is this thing real? Can you really blossom that drastically?

I WANT TO BE PRETTY!!!

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 9

• chill the fuck out a little! And here, have a cookie.

First of; yes it is possible. Very possible.

Secondly; you can't change the outcome of this. So you're stuck with what you got. My suggestion is to just work to stay healthy, and then just plain hope for the best

• Honestly it is hard to tell - At that age 14/15 we are most insecure about ourselves and our place in the world - At 21/22 we can look back and smile because now we are more comfortable in our own skin, we feel prettier/ more handsome, we have accepted whatever talents we have that make us unique to others , we are more comfortable within our own personality.
    Possibly we all have an ugly duckling syndrome sometimes it might be more than at a skin deep level.

• Been aesthetic my whole life.. Don't know them feels.

• ME.
    you guys wouldn't even believe it's me if I showed you pics from up to 16 years old. Very skinny, gawky, shy. Complete transformation from the inside out.

• Used to a but of a ugly duck in my earlier childhood years.
    Still a bit of a duck but I'm getting better.

• I don't think those are the same people...

• I don't have ;-) ... such

• I've always been desirable; I've never been ugly.

• Also that guy's before and after was a bad choice since he only transformed from a fat dork to a thin dork.

• glasses are not dorky at all :l as a matter of fact I wear glasses and they're an instrument for seeing, not a fashion choice at most times

• Glasses in and of themselves aren't dorky, but his entire style is 'dork'; All the dork elements are at play.

• no I don't have actually

What Girls Said 15

• I was such a huge tomboy with acne, bad clothes, and bad hair. Thank you puberty. Thank you so much.

• No, I have ugly duck syndrome where I was cute when I was young. Now, I'm not hideous or ugly, but more average. Looks are declining.
    I "peaked" when I was young. Curse you 20+yrs! Lol

• Ugh that was so me! It depends on the person really. I got my period at 14 but only started looking different when I was 16. Now guys from high school that never talked to me are messaging me on Facebook 😂 And I looked like a major tomboy back then too. Gross!

• Lol as a duckling I thought about how I would grow up to be a beautiful swan some day.

But ugly duckling just grows up to be ugly duck.

• Meyy!
    Still recovering though not fully there😛😛

• Yes of course You Can blossom like That! I know i have i was the ugliest teenage girl There was and but finally blossomed at 22 kinda late i know. But first u need to ne happy in your currents situation... in my teen years i wasn't obssessed with with looks though but em suprised how i turn out today than how i looked like in my past.

• Thank you, I'm not obsessed either, but of course i'm self conscious being a teen lol. I'm a late bloomer so I may get it in the same range you did.

• Dont worry you will bloom eventually, in the mean time just party with your firends and enjoy school ;)

• >o > I've never gone through that syndrome. I've always been and probably will always be a potato.

• yes! it was so bad lol.

• I had it during elementary school but still going through it but at least I look decent now and can look pretty with effort

• Oh and I stopped changing at 16 so maybe around then you will be done with puberty?

• You mean like from 12-16 years old.

• yeah I guess like you kind of get ugly because you're growing into your body, and you get acne, and your facial structure isn't even finished growing yet. So i meant like from a little before to the beginning of puberty (thats when the gawkiness starts) and if it ends or if you get prettier from that point on? And when you reached the peak?

• It's funny now wasn't much fun then. lol hahahaha

• I think I did.

• yeah its is :D

• Started to think I'll never get past this "ugly duckling syndrome"

• While you grow older you bone/facial structure changes and makes you look mature.

• My siblings and I did not have this. I feel like I have been around average most of my life, even as a baby. Although there are a lot of people that said I was cute, pretty and men today keep calling me gorgeous (like "Hello, gorgeous" or "Hello, beautiful"). Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, I guess.