Is exotic looking face and body a compliment?

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Guy

• With the right tone yeah. Id say make it obvious you're calling them hot. But there's i slight racist undertone if you ask me lol. Not like a bigotted racism, but probably at least a little ignorant without knowing it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Exotic means beautiful and striking, set apart from others, having nothing to do with race, skin color, or anything like that. I'm an American but considered "Exotic looking" in my culture. There's something unusual about me. I'm ok with it.

What Guys Said 14

• Honestly I hate the term exotic and ethnic when it's used to describe humans. Depending on the region you live in it's pretty much used to describe whatever is rare. As a white dude I'd be exotic in certain parts of Asia and Africa but not Europe and North America. It relegates people to foreigner status even if they're born and raised in those regions.

I wouldn't think it's a compliment.

• ow shitt I call people I find unique in beauty exotic :P
      like adriana lima. guess I should stop

• So exotic is just unique features and not racially based?

• i dont think so. i'm a white person myself! ☺️ but im not denying your opinion, i respect it. everyone has different point of view.

• I don't think anyone is trying to insult someone when they say it. It means rather than having a conventional beauty your beauty is unique or striking.

• thanks a lot! some people said it was an insult but i dont get how... exotic is beautiful and unique.

• Some people get offended more easily than others.

• in general exotic is used in the US to mean foreign but in a positive context and commonly in a sexual/attraction sense

• i don't really know how a body looks exotic but generally speaking describing someone as exotic tends to be a compliment... the term exotic simply refers to a look being foreign... so an American could call anyone who doesn't look or sound American as exotic. it does tend to have a positive connotation though

• I think when someone says that they definitely mean it as a compliment.

• Hm maybe. I once told a girl that she looks exotic and it was more like kinda a statement but she always repeated it when she didn't knew what to text,.. Like: "I'm exotic☺️" so I guess she took it as a compliment

• Yes haha 😂

• If you have banging bod, yea

• of course its a compliment. excotic people look stunning.

• some people thinks it's an insult 😕 dont know why to be honest.

• I think yes it is

• yes it is baby

• It could go either way.

• oh man i wanted to say no sarcastically sigh

• Not the kind of compliment a under 18 needs.

What Girls Said 5

• depends on the person but id say in general probably

• it depends, some people like exotic looking girls and some people dont

• I take it as a compliment.

• I don't know, maybe?

• Why can't people be simple and just say someone is beautiful exotic or not if they are beautiful they are beautiful ugh.

• Well but that's boring but beautiful is at least a better word than hot