Does my acne make me unattractive?

acne is my biggest insecurity and i always feel unattractive with it
does my acne make me unattractive?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not at all, if a guy doesn't find you attractive just because of your acne, then send him on his way with a Barbie doll to keep him company, because he's obviousely after a perfect doll women who doesn't exist. You have some lovely facial features and your acne is not bad, it's a part of you and I've seen people with really bad acne before too. Plus if it does bother you too much, you have the benefit of make up and the plus side that it will get better once you get a little older :). Don't worry too much about it, you look great.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think most people will see past the acne to see your beautiful facial features and hair! Seriously, I think we are our own worse critics. Acne is also very normalplace for teenagers and even women in their 20s (hormonal). I feel your pain though! I've had to deal with acne since I was 11 and I'm now almost 27. It cleared up significantly though, thanks to experimenting and Accutane. There is hope! It's manageable! If you haven't gone to a dermatologist, I would recommend it! If you want skincare advice, please don't hesitate to ask me. I love skincare and am a medical student :)

What Guys Said 40

• It's a fact that everyone goes through this stage at one point or another , it's unavoidable. Don't be down on yourself over thing you can't control. While it may not add to your attractive level , I don't see it subtracts that much either ; if your obvious with how self concioniousness that in its self will make you less desirable

• i can relate to this and has cost me..
    But now, years later its gone and my skin is smooth and flawless.
    Just make sure you wash your face every morning and before going to bed
    with warm water to start with (NO SOAP), and wash it off with cold water.
    Soap will only damage the skin because it dries out.
    Anyway, the simple answer is NO, it doesn't make you ugly.
    You look beautiful with and even more without acne.

• Honestly I never would have noticed anything unless you mentioned it - You look fantastic

• By no means, you're a really pretty girl, you actually look really similar to someone i had a crush on when i was younger

• No you look good. Would look better without the acne yes.. but it hardly takes away from your appearance.

• ty so much!

• Honestly you look better than most of the girls I see daily lol.. Don't be insecure.

• aww it means a lot

• Acne doesn't look too good, you're right, but that's easily knocked out of the equation when they see ur gorgeous face!

• Nope + even with your acne you look better than half the girls I see daily ^_^

• aww thank u it means so much

• Not at all. You're gorgeous to begin with, and you don't even have that much acne anyway.

• It's kind of off putting but it doesn't make you unattractive. There's a noticeable puffiness to your skin, which is worse than the acne, but can be easily remedied. If you're that bothered by it just go see a dermatologist and fix your diet, but realistically you're 16 and there are far worse cases of acne in your age group.. like, legit pizza faces.

TL;DR you're fine, you're a teenager so it's to be expected, and it's not an incurable disease that has left you disfigured and disgusting to look at. If you're that bothered, go to a derm, fix your diet, and research into face washes appropriate for your skin type.

• Its barely noticeable

• No, it doesn't make you unattractive. You're a very pretty girl. Almost every teenager has to deal with pimples.

• Nope, you're still pretty

• No, you look fine. If you really feel that bad about it, try perscription anti-acne creams.

• No, acne is a very natural problem, it doesn't you unattractive, u still look great. but remember u must not makeup on it. it's help to hide it but it'll damage your face,

• Acne isn't great, but it's just a part of life. You have a good face, nice eyes, and a good hairstyle. So, you're pretty attractive regardless of your acne.

• No your a beautiful girl never let anyone tell you different.

• No u r cute

• As someone who's battled acne as a kid, here's my advice.

Run, don't walk, and buy yourself some Bio Oil and a Foreo.

They're expensive, but they'll help clean up the acne scars after.

• no, with features like that no acne would ever make you unattractive. don't worry, it will go away again

• No you look great! And when you get a couple years older it will calm down!

• hopefully haha, thank uu

• At your age, nah.

• Girl, you're only 16.. acne happens don't worry about it.. just take care of your skin properly and it should go away, and also, you look pretty damn beautiful :D.

• No 😂💁🏻 you're fine

• In this face even acne looks sexy

• i've seen a lot worse

• Well acne problem will go off as you will get older, yours aren't that bad... but yes acne don't look very attractive. But since your face is attractive in general you won't have any problems, it's just your teen years so give it some time

• Nah it doesn't. Don't worry it'll go away around 18 or so

• No not at all.

• i have it worse. it should only be an issue if you let it be one

• I don't really mind, no one's perfect.

• More from Guys
    10

What Girls Said 20

• Everyone has acne. And you're 16, it's only normal for you to have some. Try not to worry about it too much. Maybe try some acne treatments if you haven't. I use noxema acne pads and they work wonders.

• You're super pretty, acne will fade but your features will always be lovely.

Have you tried agnus castus (can't take it on the pill) it comes from a plant and it helps balance your hormones, you can buy it from Holland & Barrett. Just a thought.

• No it does not, but if you're insecure I suggest Acutain it's a small pills that wipes your acne out for good. It's a little costly but well worth it!

• You're super beautiful. No, it doesn't make you unattractive

• with that face :o
    acne what? acne who?

• No, it's not that big of a deal.

• Nope, not even a little bit! Have some confidence girl, you're beaut! :) ❤️☺️

• No! You are stunning ! Your eyebrows do life justice! My friend had told me yesterday that she was getting made fun at work because of her acne and i got really mad because she is one of prettiest girls there. You are human and we all get acne !

• aww thank u so much!!

• No, it doesn't. It certainly is not ideal, but I think everyone has to deal with at some point. Try your best not to pick or pop anything because that causes scars. Just keep your skin clean and use moisturizer. Do not use harsh cleansers. Your skin is over-producing oil, because it is dry. If you keep it moisturized it helps tremendously. You are beautiful, despite the acne.

• Acne is unattractive , so to speak.
    But your face distracts from it.
    You have nice features.

• Also, you're a teen.

What teen doesn't have acne?
      It's expected!
      Don't feel ashamed of it.
      It's clear to see that you are pretty.

• aww thank uuu ^^

• If you want tips to get rid of it. Limiting sugar and bad carbs (bread, bread-y stuff, pasta, potatos, etc), and eliminating dairy did wonders for my skin.

If you keep your diet to mostly vegetables and bit of meat and fat (like avocados and healthy oils), it will do wonders. :) It did for me!!

Mine looked quite similar to yours when I was 16.

I'm 21 and I still deal with it daily, but it's way better: less inflamed and obvious, now.

• No. I think you're pretty still.

• Just looks like freckles to me.

• acne isn't attractive but it doesn't necessarily make you UNattractive. you can always use foundation and concealer to cover it up if you want

• Girl no!!! You're freaking gorgeous! 😊

• @Maxemeister is right... your eyes & lips are gorgeous. So what a few blemishes are there? You outshine those.

• I don't think it's that bad you still look very nice

• im 18 and still have acne :( i just wear lots of makeup to cover

• You have acne you still look better than me... Hahaha

• It's really not as bad as you think :). I was the same as you. Attractive but with acne. It made me feel awful. My solution was a salicylic acid cleanser and a benzoyl peroxide topical cream. Try the Neutrogena Acne System.. it worked better for me than Proactiv did. And in the meantime you're beautiful and most people aren't gonna notice or care much. Good luck!