How long does it take to become annorexically skinny?

So, I'm pretty heavily overweight at the minute, This picture isn't me, But i literally look 100% the same (Minus the tatoo's), It was the closest possible picture i could find. :

And the goal is to try and get my body like this :

over the past month or two, I've been eating no more then 1 meal per day, a lot of days nothing, But it wasn't really working, Now i haven't eaten anything in 3 days, How many weeks do i need to no longer eat to get like that?

(Before anyone says, I tried loosing weight through exercise, But after 3 months of solid cardio work at the gym and eating 3 healthy meals a day, I looked exactly the same, So this is my last resort).

Thanks.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're not going to reach your goal much and even if you do it won't be worth it. Because you're trying to lose weight the wrong way. Starving yourself won't help you at all and you'll just feel awful. You need to do it the right way. You only did exercise and eating right for 3 months? That's not long enough at all, it takes a lot longer than that, you have to stick to it. For a start, it was a change in your habits so any change in your body will take a while to see any effects, 3 months was just the start. Keep it up after those 3 months and you'll start seeing results, then you won't see any results for a while and will plateau but that's normal, you have to keep going and then you will reach your goal. Rome was not built in a day and it certainly wasn't done in 3 months. Start it again and this time stick to it if you really want to get to your goal. Don't forget to drink lots of water, keep a positive attitude and track your progress properly.

• How come annorexic people who dont eat look like that though? Surely if i didn't eat like them i would look the same as them, Right?

• Eh, Ill try it, See how it goes, If it dosen't work ill just top myself, Seems like all roads lead to that outcome anyway.

Was lovely talking to you. Cheers.

• Look after yourself, ok? Good luck.

Most Helpful Guy

• If you tried to lose weight through exercise and didn't, then you were doing something wrong. Only an extremely rare person with a thyroid issue would not respond to proper training, and you'd be a lot heavier than you are now.

Describe your "solid cardio work." Where was your heart rate at during the cardio? That's the key, plus the amount of time. You'd be even better served to stretch the 3 meals to six smaller meals every few hours.

Don't get discouraged because you don't think you got result from the gym. You probably just need to make a few adjustments. But there's no short cut to a good body, it requires a change in lifestyle. Starving yourself is the worst way to do it. It's not even that it's unhealthy, which it obviously is, but that it's counterproductive. The more starved you are, the less likely your body is to burn fat. You want your metabolism to be burning strong at all times. Your body needs to know more meals are coming, otherwise it goes into survival mode and starts storing fat in preparation for starvation.

Give cardio another go. Use the formula "220-(your age)" to determine your maximum heart rate, then operate within 60-75% of that number for 30-60 minutes, 3-5 times a week. If you can go early in the morning before you eat breakfast, your body will burn fat 3x as efficiently! If you can do every cardio session first thing in the morning, that's optimal, but if you're like me and your schedule doesn't permit it, just do it when you can. On week nights I either lift or do a little cardio, but Saturday and Sunday mornings I do it first thing in the morning, 2 out of 4 is better than none! I do 45 minutes those days, and those 90 minutes are equivalent to six 30 minute sessions later in the day at a less efficient burn! I'm down about 7% body fat and 20 lbs in the past 5 months, and I'm probably over twice your age with half the natural metabolism. Don't ever tell yourself that you can't do it! I think your goal is a little too skinny, personally, but that's your business. I'd recommend lifting weights and doing some ab work as well, just a couple times a week while you're cutting weight, you want to have some shape to you. Do one day of upper body exercises, 3 sets at 15,12, and 10 reps, with 30-60 seconds rest, to keep your heart rate up. The key is your heart rate, that "60-75% of your max" window, that's your "fat burning zone." Any more than that is more for cardiovascular endurance and any less isn't really going to do much.

What Girls Said 6

• Maybe your body isn't capable of getting that low, I don't see why this is your goal to be honest, its not healthy at all!

• Because it looks a million times better then how i look now, Looks is more important then health.

• That's not attractive being that skinny as a guy. You need to workout and eat healthy to replace fat with muscle. But if you workout you have to eat good protein and vegetables to help build muscle.

• You need therapy. If you stop eating you will eventually kill yourself, your ideal body is not worth dying for.

• Looking like that is disgusting. I like the way you look now. Seek therapy you have a problem

• No, You dont like the way i look now. I know girls only like guys who have abs and shit, And the only way i can get that is by being uber skinny.

• Look at anything on the internet. Or in any magazine. If you dont have abs and shit, You look bad. I have read so many damn takes on here, Of girls talking about how this body type ''needs to go''. And shit like that.

There is no way you can find that body attractive. Its revolting.

• You can believe whatever the hell you want but I find defined muscles revolting

• I'm trying so hard to loose weight as well, the exercising but you just staying the same, i get you completely. I dont want to lecture you about the eating, but i am going to anyway. It's really not good. Your body needs nutrients other wise it will shut down, and not only will you be abnormally skinny but you may loose you life. Also because you are not getting the food you need your fat will attach its self to your body to try and give some support. I would suggest that you love yourself and your body, i know it may take time, i understand fully, I'm going through the same thing. But starving yourself is not the way.

• Honestly, Im not too fussed about the risk of dying, In my eyes thats worth it. If it dosen't work im only gonna kill myself anyway, So why not give it a shot eh?

Thank you, And everyone else for your imputs, But i think this is the best option for me now.

• I'm legit asking you not to do it please. I don't know you and everything but i do know that you are a person. Why do you wana be skinny for what? Embrace yourself really, and NO you will NOT kill yourself if the anorexic doesn't work. We are here struggling with high weight issues, the people with anorexia are fighting their own battle. Take my word for it, don't do it xx

• You could try the soul diet or whatever it's called. All you eat is just soup or maybe even the grapefruit diet. You will lose weight very quickly.
    And I don't advise this at all, but you would just throw all ur food up. It's not much good doing that and you will feel very ill and super weak, like no energy at all. Also exercise like running or jogging or even walking is a good idea.

What Guys Said 3

• You are going about it the wrong way. If you starve yourself your metabolism will slow down, and any food you do eat will be stored as fat. What you should do is eat a high protein diet (muscles need it to grow I would recommend trying chicken/protien shakes.) Having muscles will aid in burning fat so protien is really important. Add these things to a workout routine and you will be ready for a cut the right way. If you are really serious about loosing weight I would recommend looking into bodybiulding. com they have everything you could ever need to know right there. Ps you gotta eat?

• But, You said, If my metabolism slows down, And if i eat its stored as fat, Could i not just get away, With not eating for a few weeks or a month to get that skinny, Then maybe just eat one or two things a week so i dont die?

I did try all that for 3 months, Well, Over 1.5 years, But only intensly in the last 3 months, I went to the gym every other day, I ate healthy salad meals with tuna and chicken 3 times a day with protein shakes inbetween, Doing intense cardio and muscle training, And i shit you not, On day 90 i looked almost identical to day 1.

The only thing i have yet to try is not eating,. For the past few weeks i have been eating maybe 3-5 small things per week at most, And i feel like its working, So i fgure this is my best bet at this point.

• 2lbs a week, Dude, I lost that in 3 months. And i literally broke myself trying to do it. trying to do intense cardio 3-4 times a week whilst also working 12 hour days in construction and also eating right.

I don't know mate, Some of us just dont have the genes to look good i guess.

• Maybe that's your problem right there. If you over do it your body could go into stress mode and it will start to retain water etc. at your age aim for 8/10 hrs of sleep a night because this is when your muscles Will repair and rebuild themselves. There's so much to know, maybe you should read into topics about your metabolism and how to speed it up. Because with your diet its gonna be hurting. Peace.

• Workout like 5 or 6 days a week and you have to workout hard like high intensity and eat less then normal. Use stimulants like crack and meth and you'll get there fast cause you won't eat or sleep probably and just spend your whole check on drugs. Go on a soup diet or something, not eating is not a good way because it makes you lose muscle first not fat. Check out www.iifym.com and download myfitnesspal and track your calories and shit and you can say extreme weight loss or cut and it will guide you there. I'm 200 pounds last year I was 165 pounds

• That diet does not sound healthy - Losing weight slowly but surely is a far more safer route to take - That second pic looks very thin - Anyways I lost 46lbs this year but I looked at it maybe 2/3 lbs a week and I found it achievable,