Do you think insecurities go away once a problem starts to get fixed?

I still feel like I'm not very appealing as a potential partner. It's most likely due to my weight will it change once I lose some? I don't feel like I'm ugly I just feel neutral.

Most Helpful Guy

• Things like weight loss do add to your self esteem so I won't say go away but do get better.

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 4

• Yeah that would only make sense, right? ^_^

• No unfortunately it will not change. The real problem is not that you are overweight. The problem is your eating habits you eat too much for what ever reason and the result is that your over weight. Once over weight you already aren't happy "hence the bad eating habit" so you project your malcontent on the weight instead of the eating habit. If you correct the reason why you have a bad eating habit in the time the weight will take care of itself.

• I understand but I fix the issue will the insecurities go away?

• Hell yes! You have to believe in yourself. If you don't it's hard for others to see what you don't. Visualize what you feel is a good potential partner then strive to become that yourself.

2nd don't fool yourself into thinking that looks has anything to do with being a good partner because it's the very last thing on that list if it's on there at all. A good partner shares the work load, listens, helps, encourages, loves, pushes the other to better themselves, supports, accepts, and countless other attributes none of which are be a physically good looking person.

• in my opinion insecurities can linger on for many years after the problrm is 'fixed'.

• Insecurities are rooted in early childhood. So no. Your mom fucks up and thats that.