Do I look okay?

I'm not feeling very body confident as of late, and am stuck in the terrible habit of comparing myself to others, and especially at this age, I'm thicker and more developed than most of my teenage girl friends. So I'm wondering if I have an okay figure?

Sorry about super shitty photos, had to crop the first one
Do I look okay?

Most Helpful Guy

• Look great. People don't realize you are taking these pictures in the most hostile of lighting which is overhead. When you see pictures of girls in bikinis, you notice how the sun is behind the photographer and natural lighting? Lighting is everything in photography and at sunrise on the beach the shades and light would be highlighting your curves and slightly tilting can give you a quasi six pack with your body, you have a great body because I know photography. Go out in the morning and at sunrise take the same photo, tilt to the side after swimming some laps, the natural light will bounce off the water on the body and you can tilt in various ways, and watch what happens, don't use a flash

• Thank you, and thanks for the tips! I'm going to a beach-house after Christmas so this is the perfect opportunity to practice my photography

• I never really considered that, but I should be grateful for my build!
      Hmm, good point you have about posture, now that I think about it, I think mine is really bad! I'll definitely look at improving at body language too, because I tend to look defensive when I pull my shoulders in subconsciously and cross my arms.
      Thank you for your opinion and advice, I really value it!

• It was just a general comment, nothing wrong with your posture but for both guys and girls. I modelled for a couple years and also dated a girl who did very well and she told me a trick that would really get her jobs. She pictured in mind a person who is very proud of you from across the way, they have a big smile on their face but you try to hide your happiness to see them, your finally walk towards them but try to hide your happiness in a cute way... why? Because for some reason it comes across as sexy or alluring to others. She would outcompete and get jobs with this mental trick for years. It also makes you walk tall, chin up and improves your posture while the competition is thinking about little details which ends up giving them a bad posture, hands in pockets, etc and it doesn't matter how good looking they are, Sexiness all Comes from how you compose oneself, it's the same for guys right? When you see how a guy walks with confidence right? It's instant, free, and overlooked.

Most Helpful Girl

• i've been in the same situation that you are but lately thankfully not. i'd like to tell you what helped me get rid of the low thoughts.. honestly in my eyes I see comparing myself with other girls is pointless because my body is what i've been gifted with and i can do whatever the heck i want with it. and if you're aiming to look glamorous or pretty something along those lines, believe me literally any body type can pull that off. you simply need to project confidence and comfort in your own skin and you must, by all means where a smile. once again, since this body is yours and yours only you must respect it with all the love and care and if you choose to eat, workout, shower it'll automatically respond. In my opinion you look tip top!! gorgeous body you've got there! you can easily rock a crop top. do not ever give in to model and celebrity-like bodies. you must keep in mind that they go out of way to get rid of any skin. which is not nice, they've also got extra guidance from pills and extreme fitness instructors and all which most of us can't really really afford with time and efforts or money whatever it is. and if it's the guys who are worrying you.. believe me, you just need to be confident and happy with who you are and you look great from all angles! and guys don't really focus completely on bodies unless, the person's obese which VERY clearly you aren't!! you should be flaunting that body girl!!! <3

• Thank you this is brilliant advice, I think I've really got to encourage self-acceptance of what I've been given, and I'll keep everything you've said in mind <3 :*

• you go girl!!! <3 much love!! you're gonna do wonders!!! :D

• Thank you!! <3 <3 :)

What Guys Said 29

• really? you have the type of body that would make your peers insecure, you should be proud of your body! ^.^

• Lets go through your question bit by bit (1) No worries, you look fine for your age (2) Forget about others only important person is girl looking in the mirror, once you like what you see that is the main thing (3) A lot of the other girls your age are going "Oh I wish I had boobs and curves like that girl" (4) One final thing as others have said at 16 be super careful the type of pics you post

• Thank you for your advice, and I definitely didn't think things through in regard to your final comment, I'll be more careful next time

• You're thicker because your 16 and have just got your curves silly. You look amazing and although it doesn't really have to do with figure you also have a very pale complexion that many men (myself included) find super attractive. There really isn't a single thing I can point out that's wrong. You have a tight core, a nice bosom and butt, and both your legs and arms are tone. Just be comfortable in your own skin. Because when it all boils down you're just a beautiful young woman!

• Thank you, your honesty means a lot to me! I'm honestly shocked at the response on here, it's not what I was expecting at all! I didn't know about the pale complexion though, I thought a tan was more attractive lol

• Nope! Not always the case lol. I would suppose peoples preferences differ just as much as people themselves!

• I think you're right

• Holy crap u have a sexy curvy body for a 16 year old. Damn ur a lucky girl!! Be careful not to let all the guys get their hands on u

• You look fine, don't worry. You're not athletic, but that could change, right?

• I think it looks very well. In shape. Some exercising for toning would be a benefit but you still have a nice figure.

• Wish you were older Sweetie, because you have an excellent figure.

• You look fine, honestly attractive. You need to remember that not all guys like the super skinny girls who could be models, there is nothing wrong with how you are.

• you look fine dont worry lol. dont worry about your friends or anyone else. id rate you as a good 9 :)

• I have to say that they should be comparing themselves to you because you have a perfectly developing healthy and extremely well proportioned body you should look at and be proud of

• It's just a normal body, it doesn't take any effort to have that shape except don't get obese. You're not slim or chubby just smack bang average in the middle.

• Good enough for me, I'm happy being in the middle :)

• Yes you look ok

• A lot can change in a couple years, your body looks really good!

• that body looks great, not reason to be insecure about it! looks better that just "okay"

• You look good. There are a lot of guys who love your body type

• kind of feel like a creep saying this to a 16year old. but you dont look OK.. you look hot!

• Yes you look pretty toned... No need for worry

• Perfectly normal, perfectly beautiful.
    You're curvy and cute

• nice body shape

• looking in perfect shape for me.. not skinny, slightly curvy.. i love it

• You look nicely shaped. You shouldn't compare yourself too much.

• You are super fine... no need to be body conscious at all.

• yes, you're looking good!

• No need to worry, you look good!

• You don't have much curves altho your weight is okay.

• haha... you know you are.

• I know u, message me, and i think you are so beautiful

• You need to follow me before I can message you lol

• I really feel wrong commenting on a 16 year olds body, being 26. I just can't do it

• average. could use some toning

What Girls Said 7

• You have a curvy body that some people would kill for, but it's understandable to feel self conscious, you just gotta love yourself and work with what you've got

• YOU LOOK BEAUTIFUL!!!
    You look like I did when I was 20. I still look similar, but I gained a little weight. Granted, I was a stripper when I was 20 so I was constantly moving at my job, which helped my figure.
    But anyway... please please please don't think you're any less than gorgeous. You'll regret not holding yourself in that esteem in the here & now. Seriously, this is the most gorgeous body I've seen on GAG in a long time.

• Thank you so much, your words mean a lot to me, and I'm trying to work on my self-esteem too :)

• Very nice!

• that's the type of body most girls want to have ;)

• are you kidding? you look AMAZING and sexy, quite frankly, i wish i had you body

• yes, you look good

• Try to have a small waist with an equally large butt as ur bust