Boyfriend says my arms are wide. Is that bad?

I took pictures for my boyfriend this Christmas, & he asked, "How come your arms are so big?" I tried to explain to him that I'm toned so they're going to be like that, but they're narrow from the front but wide from the side. I can't get over what he said, but I can confidentally say that they're wide from muscle & not fat.

Do my arms look bad?

Bf says my arms are wide. Is that bad?

(I'm aware in this one my left arm is twisted at an angle whereas my shoulder looks large... but is it bad?)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm loving those red satin panties. You go girl. Very sexy

• You don't think my arms are chubby or big?

• Nah, and if they were I wouldn't care if you were sending me sexy pics like that. I would be too busy looking at your sexyness to be distracted with dumb nit picking. I would focus on the important things you know what I mean...

Most Helpful Girl

• They're wide because of fat and not muscle.

• I'm not fat. And I do have biceps, they're just not shown at those angles.

• I don't intend to hurt you in any way but I feel like telling the truth does more good than letting you believe you don't have any fat on your body. I'm not skinny or muscular myself, but at least I'm not lying to myself. You are still a very beautiful woman, and probably still have strong biceps, they're just covered behind some fat. :)

• Ah, I see. Well thank you for your clarification. I appreciate it.

What Guys Said 21

• I don't think it's a very smart comment from him, but guys generally aren't going to comment unless they think something has changed. So have you been working out more recently - and have your arms gotten bigger? Or is it just the angle of these pictures?

But also, have to say that toned means something different. Your arms might be strong, they might have muscle, but if they were toned we could see the muscle. (toned just means lean and sleek, maybe with a little visible muscle), Now before you jump on me, my girlfriend has a very similar build to you, and I really like it. So I like your body :) Not criticising!

Your boyfriend also probably doesn't realise that him even mentioning your arms has raised some insecurities. Again, my girlfriend is the same. She doesn't like her arms, and it took me a while to realise. If it's something you are sensitive about, talk to him about it. If he's a good guy, he will understand and adapt. Good luck :)

• Your arms are fine. You are proportional and look great. Your boyfriend is an idiot to even think that, let alone pick on one point when a gorgeous gal is sending him beautiful, and very sexy, photos. You are more than he deserves.

• Your arms are fine. Don't put up with guys who criticize your body.

• They look fine to me

• Look normal to me.
    You should of punched him in the throat

• Thickness is nice below the waist but not above. I find the shoulder arm area a little big

• I know. It wasn't a good angle.

• I dont think you're fat. I think a heavier frame looks good. Usually below the waist its amazing. Above the waist you look pretty good too. Sometimes we carry more weight in certain areas. Where as your legs look hard your arms seems a little soft.

Just a little less, like 5-10 pounds wouldn't hurt. Im thin and i could even lose 5 pounds, which wouldn't hurt

• Kind of hurts that I look heavy. I feel I need to accept that I'm unattractive. I regret taking these pictures to begin with. I was just humiliating myself by doing so. I told my boyfriend to throw them away but he won't.

• I can't believe he would say that

• You look fine the way you are

• Your arms look fine

• dont worry about what he said... you look great and i would have loved the thought you put in to taking the pics for me and i wouldn't have ever said that even if it were true.. so next time just send the pics to me.. lol

• You look fine to me

• Okay, so your arms aren't 'toned' when people say toned they refer to the muscle tone being visible and all of your arm muscle is covered in a layer of chub. They might be muscular but not toned such contributes to them looking bigger.

• Everything looks big

• Gat Damn Silva Baike!

• Dayum you so fat n' ugly

• How was he paying any attention to your arms when your boobs are stealing focus?

• Lol good or bad premise?

• Hahahaha! I think you must know the answer given the cut of that neckline and the strategic positioning of your necklace! :D

• Not trying to be mean but you're delusional if you think that's muscle and not fat.

• I do have muscle but I won't lie I have some fat on my arms as well...

• So hot. Who cares about that stupid comment. Besides, they are not wide.

• Also because you're wearing a dress, you can see a little bit of your red underwear, I do t know why you posted on here, when they were meant for only your boyfriend, right?

Anyway, nah, your arms aren't big, just look big, because you're not skinny

• 1) I've modeled for over 2 years so I don't have a sense of saving pictures back just for one person.
      2) So I look big or just my arms?

• That's my point, why does it matter what we think, you posted it for him, not us. Our opinion shouldn't matter

• No, who cares that I'm posting them again?

• No way, infact they look so well built and appealing.

• You look fine. Your boyfriend is insensitive

What Girls Said 13

• You arms are proportioned with your body, he's not a very nice boyfriend.

• Pretty mean that he nit picked that. I think your arms look proportional to the rest of your body. I don't think they look fat, they just look normal to the rest of you? You're very pretty too.

• your arms are fine! i dont know why your boyfriend asked you that. first of all, he's your boyfriend and he should accept all your flaws and not question about it.

• Well because you're not very thin your arms aren't very small, so I guess he's kind of right but that doesn't mean he has to draw attention to it

• What the fuck kind of comment is that? He sounds like a shitty boyfriend. Your arms look like they have a little chunk, but who he cares no one is perfect. Ask him why he doesn't have big arms. Doubt he's perfect himself

• Well as @charcicci said, I can still have muscle & a little fat over it, but she said I'm still beautiful. I hope there's something attractive about me otherwise nonetheless.

• You're attractive regardless

• Well thank you, I appreciate it.

• I just think it is weird that he asked you that

What was the point?

• Hang on I read the comments, you're fishing, you're not a model and you really shouldn't be flashing the Internet.

• You would look weird with small arms.

• your arms are fine

• If he's your "boyfriend" he should know what you look like in person and accept you for you?

• What an inconsiderate douche he is

• Please don't call him that. I think he might have meant why they're big in the pictures, not real life. I thought about it & I hope this is probably what he meant.

• Still he didn't need to ask that. If he knew that aren't that big in person then why question it? It wasn't a very needed comment.

• They are DEFINITELY not just muscle nor toned, in the second picture you can even see a lot of cellulite 😂

• No they aren't your a doll