Are people on this site harsh about a woman's weight?

It shocks me the comments I have read on this site shaming women's bodies (and from some women too). I have seen so many posts criticizing women for any body fat even just a lack bones showing. The guys I know and most women, seem to be far less critical of women. Is it just because the people on this site are typically younger and a lot of y generation teens? What about guys that like a booty? I thought ass was popular. It seems to me that unless you are a perfectly built person it is ridiculous to only like women with no body fat. Just doesn't make sense.

What are these guys going to do when their significant other has children and gains weight or get stretch marks.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah some people are rude af.

Most Helpful Guy

• it is really hard to tell what way trends are going definitely the big butt is making a move but the really skinny seems to be an everpresent too over all eras. I have been very surprised though by number of girls who like really skinny guys - I agree with your theory about the average age on site and the gen Y - I don't know there seems to be no perception that words can hurt - The pack is always more powerful than the individual.

What Girls Said 7

• I think most of the guys on this site are actually extremely realistic and usually only have positive things to say. There are a select few who are pretty critical, but it's usually constructive and I've seen hardly any rude comments. I think the ones who are rude just stick out like sore thumbs.

And I do think most people adjust their expectations once they're married. Priorities shift as you mature. Most guys aren't overly worried about their wife's stretch marks when they're holding a newborn baby in their arms.

I think women are more critical of their own bodies than men usually are.

• I've actually found people on this site to be really nice about someones body when a poll isn't in it lol.

• Well i'm younger, and I don't critizise women with a little fat. I'm from Europe and from a very open minded vountry and was raised that way so maybe that makes a difference? I do think some women on here are overweight, and that should be judged. Just like being too skinny should. And if women post pics on here, wanting an opinion, is it really not okay to give it?

• There are a lot of shaming types here. Fascinating right?

• Then why post a pic and ask anyone for an "honest opinion". You're asking for someone's OPINION not a COMPLIMENT.

• Its theinternet what do you expect

• Are you serious. I see people on here telling a size 12 that she's skinny. Fuck no

What Guys Said 5

• If someone asks for an honest opinion (which they always seem to do), would you prefer it if the men lied?

And I'm not seeing a lot of fat bashing, honestly. It's far worse elsewhere.

• Nah, that's just a certain minority. When I asked about models being too thin, most guys agreed and said that the girl who is not as thin is more attractive.

www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1830537-do-you-think-the-thin-female-models-in-victoria-secret-don-t-really

• you're kidding, right? people on here are fucking lenient as hell. i see a fat chick and everyone says she looks beyonce thin.

• You act like pregnancy guarantees someone to get fat lol.

• I could never comment about a woman's weight... I'm just not made that way. I am however pretty tired of all these stupid names the politically correct crowd invent to cause society to feel victimized. Fat shaming... really?

It's like this: though I could never do it, but when a woman places her body shot on a public venue for all to see and judge, she gets what she gets.