Which one tells the truth; mirror or pic?

The mirror: "you're looking nice today not bad at all girly" The picture: "Find yourself a cave you ugly ass hippo and never come out" 😂😂 can someone relate?

• Mirror duh!
  • Start looking for that cave

Most Helpful Guy

• I think mirror is more accurate. It may be a reverse image, but the human eye is superior to a camera lens. Pictures are 2D, stationary depictions of 3D, dynamic images.

Most Helpful Girl

• I always like myself better in pictures than mirrors. Well when i can take 400 pictures and choose 1...😂

What Guys Said 21

• A photo is dependent on the oighting while a mirror not so much

• A picture shows you as everyone sees you.
    A mirror flips the image. Because we are not perfectly symmetrical, the flipped image we see can be subtly, but shockingly, different from reality.

It is worth noting, however, that some people are just not... photogenic. I know one girl, absolutely amazing in person. Never seen a good pic of her, out of hundreds.

so, 6 of one, half a dozen of the other, really.

• If a picture is how everyone see me, then if people see me as pretty , wouldn't it be the same in a picture then by that your logic? I'm confused.

• No no, I get the mirror thing.

I'm confused on what you said about some people don't look good in picture yet they look amazing in person. Why would that be the case if the picture is exactly the same as it is in person.

• @1GuyOpinion oh.
      Usually? lighting.
      Bad lighting, washout from a flash, and if they have sheen skin, they look oily.
      There is a reason we say some people are "unphotogenic" and not "ugly". because they aren't ugly, they just take bad pics.

• The mirror, no matter how evil will never lie. The picture, no matter how great will never tell the truth.

The mirror should always be selected, in fm this. Those people who selected the pic in the poll in my opinion are strange..

• The mirror doesn't have distortion or refraction of light being reflected to create the image you see.. unless your in a funhouse hahaha

• mirror gives yourself a mirrored image of yourself, so the image is flipped, in photos you are how everyone sees you, thats why you think you're bad in pictures because you really see another you in photos, you see a flipped version of your mirror self.
    But that just what you think.

• "You are how everyone sees you" thats actually not true, lighting affects a photo GREATLY while it doesn't affect mirrors as much

• but that isn't bad when you see yourself in photos, the MAJORITY doesn't like what he sees, because you think you look someway and at the minor change your brain aummentates that change to make you look bad, I am sure you look beautiful, for example I don't like how I look in photos at all, and sometimes I like what I see in the mirror...

• A camera creates a 2d image out of a 3d object, so it distorts your face heaps.

• I think most people like how they look in mirror, but the image is flipped so it not how other see you.

A picture show what other see you. Yes there are bad angle and lightning and all that, but if you ask me which one tell the "truth" in this context, I would say the PICTURE. Because beauty is in the eye of the beholder ( how other see you), so a picture is a more accurate representation.

• Probably a mixture of the two - Sometimes the camera is kind other times it is the mirror for me

• Pictures are only a split-second capture of what you look like. The mirror is a continuous 'shot' if you will, and it's much more reliable

• I can definitely relate, and i think it's the picture.
    I read somewhere that the reason people like their appearence in a mirror is some sort of a physchological survival mechanism. You know it's you in the mirror, so you like yourself. However, in the picture cannot instinctively tell who that person is, so they appear as they are.

In a short summary, mirror: image edited by your brain to look better.
    picture: real thing.

• Pic. Mirror actually sorta distorts your image

• The mirror is the closet, most pics are taken at arms length or at least less than 10m so the lightning is close up and makes you face look flat. Also any bumps stand out as the is only one tone

• Neither are really great, photos only take a 2D image of yourself when you should be seen in 3D. Mirror gives you an inverse appearance of yourself.

• That's it I've had it, I'm gonna sit my camera down next to the mirror and we're gonna get this straight once and for all!

• Hippos are beautiful creatures, actually.

• Mirror tells le truth

• when i look at the mirror, i start to think they should sign me up as the next and the first brown james bond, then i see my photos and i realize i could make a handsome ISIS terrorist

• whichever one is not ugly... :D

• Photographs. The mirror shows a mirrored image.

• pic tells the truth cuz mirror shows the mirror and it lies to us

• The mirror usually has better lighting and a limited angle from which you cans see your face. The picture is closer to how others see you in most respects even though as Nuqood points out it is not 3-D.

What Girls Said 7

• Yes I hate that, my pictures never come out cute anymore lmao but I be looking so cute in the mirror

• The mirror because it's just a plain reflection compared to a camera which kind of distorts your face depending on the angle you hold it

• Please let it be the mirror!

• the mirror!!! the camera on my ipod is crap so it makes me look horrible!! :D

• I pray to god it's the mirror.

• I'd like to believe in the mirror in this case

• The mirror for sure.