Do you think I'm obese?

I know I'm not thin but am I obese? I'm 5'1 and I weigh 70kg which I think is around 135lbs.
Sorry if the pics bad quality,,

Do you think I'm obese?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, not at all. You could lose a little, but do not need to. And I am quite sure many guys are feeling very interested in you right now. You look very good!

• How can you say she doesn't need to when she's clearly overweigh? It's totally unhealthy to deny it

• @FrenchEmma He is not talking about her health, he's talking about the attractiveness factor. She wouldn't need to lose weight to still be attractive. Her health is her own business.

• @JuicyBrain Well she's sucking in. But stilln I don't find her body attractive, unhealthy is unactractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• Girl, I'm 5'0 and I weigh 137 pounds; I have about the same stats as you do. I have literally gained 40 pounds from my binge eating disorder, and I hate the weight gain with a passion.

According to BMI, I'm overweight, and I won't be considered healthy until I get below 127 pounds. I personally agree with this. People can say what they want about muscle mass and bone structure, but for the average Jane it works just fine. Although I hate being overweight, at least it keeps me accountable to myself and more determined to get to my pre-BED weight.

What Guys Said 39

• Naaa. Not obese. Overweight. At that level, you might still be healthy. The BMI might be under 25. But, it's pretty close to overweight. Here. I'll show you the 6 levels of fat. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD_auGDsm8U

• You would be big or healthy. Not obese. Obese is like DAMN! Or the next one.

• Looks like a toning issue more than weight to me.

• Shed 10 pounds and you'll be perfect.

• Full figured perhaps but not obese or fat

• Nope, but does look like you're sucking in

But even if you wasn't you wouldn't be even close to obeese

• Definitely not obese. I think you're chubby.

• Not at all.

• Nope... outta shape yes... fat or skinny fat, yes... but not obese.

• Obese is a specific definition. It's a BMI of 30 or higher. You're at about 25.5 BMI. So... no you're not obese.

• 1kg=2.2lb

So 70kg = 154lb.

At 5'1", you might be classified as Obese stage 1. But I'm not positive on that fact. You have a good frame tho

• I would deninitely take you as you are. I like em chubby like you. You are not obese.

• No, I don't think so.

• Not obese but out of shape. I see potential in your waist and hip area. Exercise and you'll be looking good.

• Yea that look fat

• Why does he get down votes she seriously looks fat.. What are we all going to tell her she looks super skinny like a model to give her false self esteem?

• @tony72722 implying Ima give shit about what 4/10s think lol

• Nahh, you're just a bit chubby. Don't worry, you can work on it :)

• Obese is a medical term for extreme cases. You're just chubby. And don't worry, you look absolutely great.

• No, you are NOT obese.

You have a fantastic body, hour figure that looks amazing.

Don't change a thing.

• you look chubby. might want to lose some weight. you donĀ“t look fat/unattractive though.

• Not even close

• a little bit chubby but not obese

• Not obese but fat.

• No, 135lb is not obese. Its a good weight. If you feel insecure about your body just, try to tone it. Do a simple work out every day, andmake shure it works the larts of your body you want toned.

• No, you're not obese. You just need to burn some fat, and perhaps define if that's what you want.

• I'd be hard pressed to even call you chubby.

• Not at all... not even close

• Omg your soo perfect. Your not obese. You have the beautifulest thighs ever and a very cute stomach

• Not at all. I love your legs ;-)

• NO. Not obese.

• not at all obese.. quite chubby perhaps

• honestly you are not obes but if you will keep going to eat you might be a obes

• More from Guys
    9

What Girls Said 14

• Not obese, but you can tell you have some fat

• 70kgs is 154lbs. That makes you extremely overweight.

Your BMI 29.1. A BMI over 25 is overweight and a BMI over 30 is obese.

I would suggest you lose at least 10kgs.

Also you shouldn't have sucked your stomach and you should of stood up straight with your legs together if you wanted opinions on how you look.

• You're overweight. Definitely. But you have a good body. I can see a nice waist and it makes you look great.

• You're standing weird.

But you don't look obese. Just a bit thick.
    I'm 4'11 and about 125-130ish lbs. Almost the same as you.

• You're not obese no, maybe just a bit more on the chubby side. But damnnn your waist though 😳😳😳

• not at all, you're fine!!

• You're obviously really overweigh, your BMI says that you're almost obese. I hope you'll lose weigh soon, because you don't have a healthy weigh.

• Plugging her height and weight into the CDC calculator for BMI, she is 25.5, which is just barely into the overweight category. Obese is not till 30 and above, so she is nowhere near obese.

• @Red_Arrow I calculated her IMC (=BMI) and it's almost 30, which is very close to obesity. And even without calculating it, you can clearly see that she's overweigh not "barely in the overweigh category" telling her that she's not fat to make her feel good is not helping her

• I have no idea what IMC is and Googling it did not come up with anything having to day with body build/fat/etc. I used www.nhlbi.nih.gov/.../bmi-m.htm for the calculation. She mixed inches with metric weight, but added the standard measure of weight. Using the standard measure of weight with inches gives 25.5. Redoing it by converting inches to metric and plugging in gives 29.1, which is getting close to obese, but with a little wiggle room. In any case, her circumference below the ribs show that even if "sucking it in", her abdomen does narrow (sucking in does not pull in the sides), and she appears nowhere near obese by that. As to how close she actually is to obese, it depends on the accuracy of the measurements I guess.. And I was simply using the measurements she gave to calculate her BMI, and backing those results with her appearance., not trying to make anyone feel good. There have been many on here that ohters call "normal" that I have called fat.

• No, of course not. This is obese -> ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/.../...0909-obese_woman-spl.jpg

• Definitely not obese. You're just thick.

• Obese? Hell no. Could you stand to lose a few pounds? Yes.

• Absolutely not obese. Slightly overweight though, but not close to obese.

• not obese but fat yes

• No, you're definitely not obese! :) but if you don't feel good about your weight, you should try a healthier lifestyle by eating healthier food and exercising. The fats should come off! :3

• You're not obese yet, but you're fat.