Thick/Curvy.. how do you feel about love handles?

Sometimes I feel "curvy" and other times I feel Pudgy. My boyfriend and my Best friend both tell me I have a nice sexy body but they say I'm curvy or thick.. which just feels like a euphamism for fat? I'm not really sure what to believe... I've had other guys tell me I'm sexy too but it's usually at a party and they're obviously just trying to get laid.

I also have some love handles and stretch marks... and they make me a little insecure. For referance sake I'm about 5'3 and my measurments are 36/28/38.. so I'm pretty "curvy/thick/chubbby" espcecially for a "white girl'.. I don't know. I thought the older I got the less I'd care.. but I still feel like I'm in High School and everybody's giggling at the fat girl trying to squeeze into her jeans..

I'd post a picture but I'm really not comfortable with that, I don't know.. can guys really overlook a little tummy or some jiggly thighs? And girls.. how do you get over your insecurities?

Most Helpful Guy

• Everybody has a different definition of what is curvy, what is fat. You may see what you are as one thing, someone else may see it as different. We really cannot tell by your definition. We can know that you are overweight, but not if it is what we might call "acceptable".

We can overlook some on the tummy and thighs. Again, different for different people.

Most Helpful Girl

• I get over my insecurities by playing into the funny fat girl cliche. Because someone will be so enamored by my humor and my amazing eyebrows one of these days they won't care that I've got a bit of pudge on the midsection.

• I feel like every time I make jokes like that people just eye roll me and start to tell me how I'm not fat and blah blah blah.. They either think I'm extremely insecure and I need "help" or I'm just fishing for compliments. Everyone's so afraid of the "f" word now it's ridiculous..

What Guys Said 8

• I cannot overlook it. I think I'm different than most guys, though. I can't stand fat. I've turned down like 3 or 4 girls who were way into me, just because they had some healthy fat. They were pretty, but I simply couldn't stand it. I don't know. It's not something I control, it's simply something that I really, really dislike. Personally. I certainly don't represent male-kind.

• I love curvy, pudgy, chubby, bbw

• In my experience men don't typically use Curvy as a euphemism for fat, it's usually what fat women use to make them selves feel better about how fat they are.

• We are all insecure but if a number of people say you look well chance are it could be true.

• Google BMI calculator that will tell you the ball park on your weight. If you can keep your self in the normal BMI range your healthy that is all you should be concerned with.

• I have a BMI of 24.8 which is.1 inside the scale.. so health wise I'm fine but I'm still on the upper end..

• If you want to tone up then you can do some weight training in they gym 3 times a week being in your early 20's your body will tone up fast. It's a good habit to get into working out when you get older late 30's it's really tough to keep eating the same and not gain weight.

• if u got the thickness it dont matter to me

• Yes guys can, but some guys actualy like that, so be imbarresed about.

• I love women with curves, love handles and a round plump rump. Tight jeans are hot too

What Girls Said 2

• Yea, that's my biggest problem. I've been doing more exercises targeting that area, but it's really my problem area

• First of all, why are you putting your worth into mens approval? How do YOU feel? Do you like your body? No? Then change it. Looking for attention and approval won't do anything for you. Personally? I remember gaining a good 15 pounds and had love handles. I absolutely hated it because I was so uncomfortable in clothes. I lost the weight and workout regularly now, I feel better than I ever have.

• This. Though, I don't know if Asker is entirely put her worth into men's approval. Everyone wants to be viewed as attractive. But Anon is totally right. If you feel bad about something in your life, you should endeavor to change it. That's how people grow. Whether that be losing fat, a man getting ripped, or learning new skills, becoming more social, or becoming a generally better person.