Am I too fat for any guy to find me attractive?

I've been gaining a lot weight lately. I hate myself and how I look, and feel super insecure. I know that I am very fat and I am not assuming many guys would like me this fat. But there is this one guy who is very nice and wants to date me. He is fit and good looking so I don't get it. I can't believe he would actually like me!! He even keeps saying I'm beautiful and sexy. I'm thinking about breaking up with him because I can't understand what he sees in me.

Do you think it's possible that some guy might like me and find me attractive even like this? (I'm dieting and hopefully getting skinnier someday)

PS. I don't normally dress like this but better clothes...

1119

Most Helpful Guy

• I dated a girl was like you if not heavier. She was confident in herself and we had great chemistry. Im not going to lie a lot of guys are shallow and might reject you. But in that case they weren't good guys for you anyway. Find a guy who likes you for the person you are. Then if later you both want to get healthier worry about that then. Don't let weight stop you. There are guys that will like you for you who are. Get healthier for yourself not for a guy. Don't hate yourself but be aware of the problem. If I were dating you I'd probably want for both of us to lose weight. Not because of looks but for health. That's what id worry about if we were dating. I'd want my girlfriend to feel great and be healthy so I can be with her as long as possible. The same thing would be true if she were too skinny.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey. I'm going to get a little bit honest here and I'm sure people won't like it.

"Am I too fat for any guy to find me attractive?"
    Absolutely not. There are all sorts of men and women out there, little and large and people will like all sorts of different things. Some like the colour red, some blue. Just because one doesn't, doesn't mean another won't.

Should you lose weight?
    Yes. But we all have down times, rough patches, health problems, etc etc. An ideal life and body weight is impossible. Everyone deals differently.

At the end of the day YOU are the constant factor in any relationship. Not your waistline, not your boob size, YOU. Your personality, the way you love, the way you make people smile.

I can completely sympathise. This last year has taken a huge battering on me. I've been on anti depressants, birth control, gained weight, had breathing issues so I had to stop exercising, etc etc. I've gained a lot. And I feel and look disgusting. And you know what my boyfriend said? He said "so you've had a rough year, and yes you've gained weight. But you are still the loving girl I met 2 years ago with a heart of gold". And you know what? He's right.

As long as you're trying and wanting to change things, that's enough. It will happen. But don't beat yourself up for every slip on a bad day, every time you couldn't raise the energy for that workout. Changing your life does not happen overnight.

Everyone in the world is judgmental. They have no idea the issues you've faced, the struggles you've overcome, the mountains you've climbed. There is more to life than your waistband, so yes, try to lose weight, but don't let it control you.

Good luck sweetheart, and I will be joining you on this journey. Best of luck xx

What Guys Said 18

• Dont let insecurity kill a relationship. When i was at my fattest, much bigger then you I had this young, super hot girl ask me out. I said no because I assumed it was some sort of game because I didn't see how she might like me. I felt gross looking. Dont let your self hatred ruin your life.

• If guy says he likes you take him at face value and the best of luck with your dieting

• Well, you have about double the weight you should have on your stomach and butt. You should consider changing your diet.

• If he likes you, then take his word for it. At any rate, keep on exercising! The harder you work, the more weight you'll lose.

• You're never to fat by the way, It's just better to lose weight anyways, regardless what people say.

• You really are too fat but nothing gym can't fix

• yes, you let yourself go for too long. you need to change your lifestyle to get results, good luck to you and don't give up!

• Doesn't matter that you're fat. What matters is what made you that way.

• Well, dont expect him to keep on being muscular when you won't work on your appearance.

• Well, if the guy likes you, then clearly your weight isn't an issue

• Some guys like bigger girls

• "Im dieting" or you could start working out?

• Your diet is like 80% of losing weight.

• @ShaeNielson Whatever you say mate :p

• Unless you've tried losing weight then you wouldn't know. It's all about eating less than you burn, and you burn calories just by living, so if you eat less than that then you can lose weight by laying on the couch. My resting metabolic rate, for example, is around 1600 calories, so if I eat less than that I will lose weight even if I did nothing but breathe.

• Well it's not very easy to say because you're just showing pictures of your stomach, but if you have a pretty face an a good personality, than yes, for sure

• ya a bit too much... but no matter what you are fine...

• too fat, sorry u gotta lose ur fats. move a lot, burn calories.

• Quick change should be your clothes now. Keep dieting in parallel

• loose weight for your own sake.

• Some guys go for girls they know they can get so they can have sex on the regular, when they find someone better they move on. Girls do this too. I think you definitely need to lose weight, if only from a health point of view. Honestly I'd be put off by the weight, the good news is you're fat but not huge, so losing it shouldn't take too long.

• Well what do you want us to say? Yes you are fat, but you can change that.

What Girls Said 10

• I mean... apparently someone finds you attractive so I wouldn't say you're too fat for that to happen.

If you like him, stay with him. If you don't, then don't stay with him just because you think you won't find anyone else who finds you attractive.

• I would recommend wearing clothes that are more flattering for your body.
    There are guys that like bigger girls and that's fine :)

Don't let yourself believe it's not possible.

• Some guys don't care if a girl is overweight. If he likes you then stay with him.

• Do with your body what you want. If ya wanna be less fat do exercise and never starve yourself

• Some guys like big girls. Just wear the right clothes. I recommend a corset.

• This guy sees more to you than just your outward appearance, it takes a special confident guy to look beyond the surface, good for you for losing weight.

• I think you should try losing a bit of weight.

• Many guys will still find you beautiful and sexy.

• Some guys watch bbw porn, so obviously bigger girls do turn some guys on.
    But for you, I'd say lose weight. Not because of anything other than it's obvious that it affects your confidence, and it's not nice to have low self esteem.
    Good luck with the diet.

• stop in the name of love! lol just feel like saying that.
    anyway, it's sad that you thought of breaking up with him just because you don't like yourself now. Well, rationally speaking, you have to love yourself first to be able to love others.

If he likes you the way you are, then you are lucky to have met him. If you wanted to get better and gives you confidence by being skinnier then go for it, at the same time think about your relationship with him. Do you think he would love you less because you are chubby? He asked you out as who you are so that means it is a good sign. Remember, beauty isn't just on the outside and it changes over time.