I am scared of aging. Help?

im 23 now but I am terrified of aging... I feel like after my looks are gone a woman is worthless...

Most Helpful Guy

• Now you listen to me, and you listen good.

Personality is the most important thing. Rather than focusing on looking good, you should be focusing on finding out who you are.

That aside, there are some tricks you can use to keep up your youthful appearence.
    I use these tricks myself every day, and most people think I'm 22, while I am infact 28.

So here's is what I do.

1: I drink at least 4 big glasses of water every day. It's good for the cells and that in turn makes the skin more elastic and resistant to forming wrinkles.

2: Stay out of the sun. It will destroy your skin permanently.
    No more bullshit about "getting brown for the summer". No one cares anyway.

3: Exercise often. Make the body sweat a lot.
    It will clear your skin of all the junk it's been collecting.

4: NO SUGAR. It's a skinmurderer. That includes alcohol.

5: No Smoking.

6: No stress. Find a lifestyle that enables you to relax. Stress will make you age.

7: Good sleep. Sleeping is very important for the body and the cell rejuvination.

If you're really worried about wrinkles you can always stop making extreme face movements. But that's just if you're really worried. The forehead for example when lifting your eyebrows or frowning. Those movements can be averted.

And one more thing. This is the best one of all. So I saved it for last.

You can use coconut oil on your skin every night before you go to sleep.
    The substances in the oil makes your skin produce collaghen almost immediately over night. Use it richly. Try to avoid the eyes, cause it'll sting.

Look for the smell-less virgin oil. Preferably organic/ecological if you can find it.
    If it's not virgin oil it won't work.

Check the mirror in the morning and see if any potential wrinkles are smaller.
    Works for me. And it obviously works for the beauty companies aswell since they actually use coconut oil in their products. But they use much smaller amounts of it.

Goodluck my fellow worrywart.

Most Helpful Girl

• You're worth more than just your looks! And older looks have their own charm! We live in a vain society obsessed with youth and it's getting to be a bit much. Nothing wrong with using anti aging products and such, but don't obsess over it. It's not worth it. Getting older, each decade has its own beauty and things to look forward to. Be good to your body and take care of it. Whatever fate has in store for your appearance after that, embrace it. It's a blessing to have life and health and functional bodies. You share your body and thoughts with people who like you for you, and you do that for them. You'll be happy and never alone that way.

Quarterlife crisis lol we've all been there.

What Guys Said 15

• It is sad indeed when a woman feels her only worth is looks.

• You will not be worthless. Older women can offer things that most younger women can't. For example much higher levels of maturity which is loved by guys.

• Is this a troll question? If not, I think you'll need to learn what it means to be a woman. Girls define themselves by their looks, a woman by her inner values - intelligence, ambition, core values, goals and other such qualities.
    As for help.. step 1 is to start reflecting on yourself.. Who are you? What do you wake up in the morning for? Where do you see yourself in 5 years time?
    I'd suggest you get the ball rolling, and if you're stuck, refer to other resources.

• Good luck with that

• Aging is a strange thing - Some people age very well and I believe if a person doesn't age well it is not of the ultimate concern because personality is more important,

• You are only worthless as a woman, if you have nothing else to offer as a person.

• Get a cowplant, find victims.
    simscommunity.info/.../cowplant.gif

• Start exercising :p
    Yoga!

• Start becoming someone of value then so your worth doesn't fade when your looks do.

• O_o

uhhh.

• then focus on what matters in the long too many waste years with parties and hook ups, and the like-the result? they miss out on more meaningful, more memorable things.

• A woman isn't worthless after their looks are gone. That is a myth.

• Well your right

• fight the fear... go out with sweat pants and no make up and messed up hair...

• lol brainwashed societal sheeple realises that she invested all her life and energy on her wrapping paper instead of inner quality. well its not too late to change that.

What Girls Said 5

• You need to go discuss these feelings with a therapist.

• That is because society wants you to believe that. Billions are spent annually to promote a perfect body image that is unrealistic, so insecure women like yourself will spend a fortune chasing after it.

If you think your worth is tied to your beauty, you are in big trouble. I would make sure you are planning to do something with your life that adds value to the world.

• Well yeah, if looks are all you have to offer then of course you'll be worthless once they fade.

• I didn't think it was even possible to fit that much NOPE into a single line of text.

• Stay young. Eat good and sleep good. You can look young all the time