Is it rude to talk about your type around people who ain't your type?

A woman saying stuff like "I like my men tall dark and handsome" around or to a guy who is short and lighter Or a guy saying "I love short curvy chicks" around or to a girl who is tall and thin.

Do you think this is rude or should the other person not be so sensitive?

Most Helpful Guy

• If they're intentionally trying to have a poke at the adjacent person's "shortcomings" (which they can't change), then that's just inconsiderate and manipulative.
    However if it wasn't aimed at the adjacent person, it's honest and transparent.

For me, I've never really had a type. Personality, intelligence, charm, and chemistry are what do it for me.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it can be rude in certain situations, but at the same time you gotta embrace who you are and love it, someone else will too. How many people do you ever hear say "I love a pasty white girl, no color in the skin is a big turn on". Most guys like a tan look and equate that with healthy. I'm so pale I can see my damn veins. I've heard so many comments like pale skin is sickly, white skin is gross because you can see every flaw and pale people age horribly. I'm skinny and everyone these days is into a bigger look with big hips and thick thighs, but I've learned to embrace who i am and own it haha Every boyfriend I've had is into that skinny look and pale skin so at the end of the day what's ugly to someone is hot to another.

What Guys Said 5

• Tough call what I would say is we should be aware of peoples' sensitivities, most people wouldn't even notice things like that but if you feel they may, it might be an idea to reign your comments in.

• Maybe not rude but awkward

• "Nearby" meaning what, exactly?

• Its totally insensitive.

• yes its rude

What Girls Said 4

• If they ask, I don't see anything rude in it.
    But if they say just to make you self-concious, then it's rude.

• I don't find it rude. Everyone is entitled to their preferences. If others get offended than that's their problem.

• Well if they asked for it Then no

• No

They're just stating what their type is.