Is this really considered a detrimental car dent? Is it really that obvious?

How much do you think it will cost to fix?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's for yourself, it only matters what you think of it. It's just appearance after all. How much does it bother you?

If it's for resale, then it does hurt the value of the car and will make it MUCH more difficult to sell. It's "just" appearance, but that makes a difference between 50 people maybe being interested in the car vs 5 people being interested. In other words, 9 out of 10 people would reject the car outright because of it. The rest will compare this care with cars with no damage.

I'm not sure about the cost. This is a total guess, but I'd guess 1500-2000 USD for an insurance claim. The actual cost may be lower. The cost will vary a LOT depending on where you live.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ay it's not even noticeable. Depends who fixes it for you. I know people who'd even fix it for free so try asking people instead of going to an expensive shop.

What Guys Said 8

• unlucky there, bumped both screens.

And brand stores will probably just replace both the screens, and demand a 4 digit sum for the job (in usd).

I suggest you spend 40 bucks on the proper paint color on a touch-up pen. Just gently paint over the scratch, and nobody will care (unless you're selling it)

• Will do

• nope. Could've easily been a worse dent. Sure, expensive to fix, but it's not affecting anything. Could've been you tore the screen up, and HAD to replace it?

If anything, you're lucky for getting away with just a scratch.

• Alright thanks

• It is repairable. Looking at about 3 to 4 thousand is my guess

• Looks fine... I would say it would probly be like a grand to fix... More than its worth in my opinion

• Yes you can see a dent but it is not that bad - It would be okay if you need to save to fix it

• It doesn't look nice, but it shouldn't impede the function of your vehicle. I don't think a repair is necessary, if the exorbitant monetary compensation the mechanic would no doubt demand wasn't dissuading enough.

• That'll be easy to pull out

My brother is a crash repairer we do that kind of thing all the time it's more going to cost you to paint it

And where I am you looking at around 500

• hahah wtf... :(

• It is not important to fix. It should take a couple hundred bucks, or less.

If it was done in another car, and what I'm seeing is part of the other car paint, you can clean it off with petrol/alcohol and it will look much better. If it's not from another car, then there's nothing much you can do about it other than live with it/polish it.

(I also think that people are seeing the reflection of a white line on the road, and may be looking at the wrong place)

What Girls Said 0