Is this a decent picture, for a dating site?

Is this a decent picture, for a dating site?

0|0
5|20

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah. You'd get guys very easily with that photo.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 20

• NO! NO NO NO NO NO!

It's blurry, badly cropped, and your front arm is awkwardly posed. Yes, your face and hair look very nice, but the rest is just a mess.

If you had designed/manufactured a product, and were making a product website on Amazon or somewhere to sell it, would you post selfie-quality pics of your product (wierd angles, poor light, badly cropped, dirty towel and curling iron in the pic) or would you have professional product photos of it taken (or at least, attempt to get as close to that standard as you could)?

Which picture do you think would sell more Big Macs:

aht.seriouseats.com/.../2009-09-31-mcd-bigmac2.jpg
    This one?

or
    mcdonalds.com.au/.../hero_pdt_big_mac.png
    This one?

On a dating site, YOU are the product, and your potential "buyers" do 90% of their "shopping" based on your profile picture. A great pic is going to get you a lot more interest, and thus a lot more options (and among them, BETTER options) than a mediocre picture.

An ideal pic will have you smiling and looking straight into the camera with just a slight angle to your body to one side of the camera:

st.depositphotos.com/.../...ung-woman-portrait.jpg

Something like either of these would also be good:

lh3.googleusercontent.com/5e2yDqDMN3wv-edl6jFL14H_dOarzIuX9yyXL_i_MRzc0n9LGTfJRGzNP7Xd0IXkZw=h900
    thumbs.dreamstime.com/.../...chin-hand-8327213.jpg

The pic should be from above the top of your hairline to around your bellybutton/waist. Lighting should be VERY good - most indoor shots have way too little indirect light; some of the best are shot outdoors on an overcast day, with the subject (you) in the shade so there are no harsh nose/chin shadows or splotchy light filtering through trees.

Use a real camera if at all possible, and if not, at the very least, use the rear camera on your phone rather than the low-res front camera. It should be a SOLO pic - no friends, ex's, etc. You shouldn't be cropping people out of your pic, and your hands and arms need to be contained within the picture.

Again, this has nothing to do with how YOU look - I'm talking about PHOTOGRAPHY here. Good photography will make YOU look like the BEST YOU that you can be.

0|0
    0|0
  • Good enough maybe rotate 12 degrees to the right. :3 a tiny bit more bust in the picture but make sure to leave most out so it keeps guys guessing ^w^

1|0
    0|0
  • I think that is a lovely pic for a dating site

1|0
    0|0
  • yep thats good

1|0
    0|0
  • I'm not sure about this one. Your face looks attractive, but somehow I get the feeling, you have your other arm around some guys neck and his arm around your waist.

1|0
    0|0
    • Lol no way. If that was the case, no need for a dating site.

• It is sufficient

1|0
    0|0
  • Why'd you even need to log onto a dating website looking like that?

1|0
    0|0
  • You look good in the picture

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely! 😊

1|0
    0|0
  • Is that you shoot what dating site are you on I'll sign up myself in a minute

1|0
    0|0
  • Absolutely... you look beautiful

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes, that's a wonderful picture.

1|0
    0|0
  • Yup! Sure is!

1|0
    0|0
  • Yeah, that's a pretty stunning pic.

0|0
    0|0
  • Its good but maybe you should wear something more coverd? Not that I mind but it will look a bit more professional.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's bad. Very bad.

That picture on a dating site just screams catfish.

0|0
    0|0
    • I have 6 different other along with this one, but thank you very much for your concern.

• It hella is

0|0
    0|0
  • Thats such a breautiful pic!

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah sure... not revealing enough but still okay

0|0
    0|0
  • You are attractive but def not a good pic.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, its beautiful!

1|0
    0|0
  • you're sooo beautiful

1|0
    0|0
  • Yes you look so pretty

1|0
    0|0
  • You are gorgeous and thats not even a question. You can have the cleavage area cut though and show a little of that sexy thing there

0|0
    0|0