What's hot or not?

why do people find wide hips hot? looks unnatural to me..

what's hot or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• hmm... well that one is too big in my opinion. D:

I believe that by nature majority of men find big hips with slim midsections more attractive because it's a natural instinct, big hips imply child bearing, and a slim waist means she's not pregnant... thus becoming more attractive to the average male and to most males...

The photo you posted however, looks unattractive to me though... because her hips are not just big, but rather they look deformed, her knees are hardly even visible.. they almost blend into her whole leg and her bottom half of the leg has almost no shave... Her figure in itself looks nice, so if she lost weight, she would probably have a really nice body. .. but not like this.

• no shape*

• no, but most people reckon that disproportionate hip shape is hot... i'm saying it's not imho.

• Nono understand.. Wider hips give an overall better aspect to your body because it makes waist look extra tiny... But when they are wider than wide, it's just awful.. I do not think that many men find that preferable... On the contrary, I think men who find that "most" attractive, are in the minority.

Most Helpful Guy

• I prefer the slimmer look

What Girls Said 5

• I guess that goes with the whole hourglass figure thing

• The whole obsession with hourglass figures and big asses. Usually if you have either one of those your hips are wider. Unlike the unfortunate gals like muhself that have wide shoulders and narrow hips. Inverted triangle shapes unite? :/

• That's her thighs/ass not her hips.

• ok..

your friends who ask this - "awww! well it's fiiiine!"

me when I ask this - "well yeah... that's her thighs/ass not her hips."

it's true your a bit self-important, and project your mind/beliefs in all situations, but cool... i'm 21, and was never like that as a 19 year old.

• My friends have never asked this question, and how is correcting you self-important?

• it's just telling of your character, that's all...

but then i think you have a mental map of who can do or post what.. meh, not bothered nor do i care..

• Uh they're pretty normal dude.

• I don't think they're talking about those kind of hips.

• i believe they are.

• I'm confused what your last statement meant

• it's your personality and how you behave. like how you're trying to scope me out, when everybody is free to post threads of exact content haha.

What Guys Said 6

• just being wider alone is not the important thing. It's all about the waist-to-hips ratio, which supposedly is a thing that's coded into the DNA of us guys because we see a certain ratio on a woman and we feel "that's a good child-bearing waist-to-hips ratio and I want to coitus that and pass on genes so I live forever."

• It is believed that men are hardwired to subconsciously seek out partners that will provide healthy offspring so that out gene pool will live on. The wide hips are a sign of a woman being able to bear children. If she can birth children then your gene pool will live on. Therefore men are believed to be more attracted to woman with wide hips because the have a greater chance of birthing babies.

There have been a lot of studies done on this subject matter. Google. scholar is your friend.

• wide hips are hot, but when you're fat and it's not proportionate to the rest of your body, it's not.

• Ugly, feel like vomiting by looking at that hip.

• No, no, no...

• well it attracts buddy