Do you think my best friend is pretty?

My best friend is always sooo self conscious about herself. But I tell her she's pretty all the time, do you think my best friend is pretty or what do you think?
Do you think my best friend is pretty?

Most Helpful Guy

• She is not unattractive. She has a good facial structure, but, she is overweight. No skirting around it unless you're trying to be shallow and meaningless. Those people have to say yes to everything, because they don't want to hurt feelings. I understand that, but it's a selfish stance. It's weak people who don't ultimately care one way or another, so they just throw out a little fish and pat themselves on the back for being good people. But I don't care. I'll be the bad guy.

What is her intention? To be seen as attractive so she can get a guy, if she doesn't have one? Or to boost her self-esteem? If her self-esteem is boosted, won't that just encourage her that she doesn't have to change? That she's fine just the way she is? Does she feel that way? No I'm not talking about other peoples' perceptions. I'm talking about her own perception of herself. Clearly she feels insecure: that's the entire reason for this post, right? So what is the source of her insecurity? Social indoctrination, being told to look a certain way? Even if that is the case, then what's wrong about pursuing that if it makes her feel ultimately better about her life? In that case, she's going to have to lose just a bit of weight to maximize potential prospects, if that is her goal. Not much. She's not that overweight. But it's enough to morph the facial features.

In the end, what is more painful for her? Getting a temporary boost to self-esteem, or taking perpetual hits and constantly feeling insecure? What would make her feel secure? If losing weight would make her feel more secure, not only is that a great thing overall, it's also practice to build determination and motivation, consistency, creating and obtaining goals: qualities that will serve her very, very well, in life. In the end, this is all my perception. Ultimately, it just matters what she wants in life. It matters what she wants, and how she goes about obtaining what she wants.

Sorry. I have fucked up teeth and dream of being dead, if it makes you feel better. So the world isn't fair. And arbitrary cruelty and injustice abounds. But, there are steps we can take to really make ourselves feel better about life, to make our lives better. If you want things in life, you have to work for them. Or you sit in indelible misery about things you can't have and how you're shit at everything.

Most Helpful Girl

• She's certainly very pretty, and I simply love her tits.

What Guys Said 12

• She is pretty, but not drop-dead gorgeous, and she has good looks that will still be with her 30 or 40 years from now.

• I think you look very cute

• I agree with you. I think she has a pretty and sweet face.

• Very sweet looking. I'd marry a girl like her. But most guys wouldn't pursue because she looks too innocent lol

• Nice boobs, nice hair, pretty face. Sure, she's pretty.

• Damn!!! She would look really good if she lost weight but overall she looks good

• I'd hit that lol

• She's cute.

• yeah she is

• yes she is i woudn't lose my chance with her :)

• Not awful looking, but needs to lose weight.

• Why all the girls here write the same on each post 'my bestfriend', we're going to start a newyear, ITS 2016 and you still think us stupid, Hun we know it's you and you're pretty don't worry just be honest girls

• It is my best friend. I am not even Caucasian lol

What Girls Said 5

• She's pretty, but she's overweight. Sorry but I prefer a thin look.
    She has a beautiful face tho.

• Yes! She is pretty :) and 😱 I love her hair!!! 😍😍

• Gorgeous hair :)

• She looks very pretty

• Very pretty eyes