Why does everyone say body shaming is wrong but still body shames?

It seems that although everyone agrees that body shaming is wrong it still happens... a lot. I saw these two images circling facebook... Ps. I had to google what paisita and gordita meant.

Most Helpful Guy

• Social Constructivists will have you believe that our instincts and impulses can be neutered by political correctness, but anonymity will forever bear the forbidden fruit.

These memes are comedic in nature. Comedy is the last channel of truly free speech, and a few butt hurt individuals can't change it.

Body shaming a particular person isn't cool. Making memes is cool, because it's meant for humor not malice.

Most Helpful Girl

• The same reason why people say eating sweets is unhealthy for you bit yet we still go and eat cookies, ice cream, brownies, etc anyway because we just can't resist.

And everyone doesn't body shame I certainly don't.

What Guys Said 7

• I suppose haters are always going to hate.

• it is bad to an extent but there is noting bad bout motivating people to be fit and look thier best

• I mean that is pretty funny and since fat people have desided to give their obsesity cute names, its only gonna increase lol

• i body shame and i stand by my word, if that makes you feel better

• cause were humans were sinners and we will keep sinning

• What I've mostly observed is women are against body shaming when the object is a woman.

That militancy surprisingly fades when the object of derision is male, go figure.

• If these women spent less time making other women feel like shit and more time striving to achieve something meaningful in their lives other than taking more dicks than a second hand dart board then women may have more equal rights.

What Girls Said 2

• Because body shaming is something most people feel entitled to. Either someone put them down or they like other people to lift them up. It's something we all have to work on in ourselves and in our communities.

• have hope in humanity, we always look to better ourselves.

"body shaming is wrong!" = "im BETTER than you because i care more about peoples feelings"

"fat people are ugly!" = "im BETTER than you because im fitter or more attractive"