Is 5'8" really THAT tall?

I went on a date with a guy that's 6'3" some months back and he told me I was too tall for him (but... but I wore heels and was still shorter than him?). : I can't even make a comment about the struggles of being a tall girl without a tall girl who's at least 5'10" telling me I'm not tall and I shouldn't complain. I really can't catch a break being this height. So what gives? What's the verdict on 5'8" girls?

• Yes, you Amazon.
  • No, you're short. Stop trying to make 5'8" happen, it's not going to happen.
  • You're definitely not short, but you're not super duper tall, either.

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm also 6'3 and he's crazy. I actually think that's like a perfect height. I don't want to have to stoop over when I kiss a girl when we're standing. You're not too tall not even close. I'd date girls a couple inches taller than you. by the way Victoria Secret models on average are 5'10

Most Helpful Girl

• No I'm the same height and people say I'm tall all the time but really it's actually an average height but of course short girls are going to say you're tall and the girls that are really tall will say you're short.

That guy you went on date on is just weird it's not like you were taller than him and like you said you had on heels. I guess he just has a short girl fetish.

What Guys Said 10

• My wife is 5'8", has black hair, brown skin and brown eyes, and is the very picture by which perfection is measured! I'm perhaps a bit biased, but in my book you've hit a home run!

• I don't see 5'8" as tall. You are just fine. I guess a girl's height is more important to him than to most guys and to him your height is too tall. That's just his preference. We all have our preferences.

• That's pretty tall for a girl. I'm 6' and I don't think 5'8" feels particularly tall next to me. I mean it's fairly tall but I still think there's a nice difference.

• I don't think I would notice a girl being really tall until we are approaching the 6 foot mark

• Are you kidding me? This is perfect for me, a girl who is shorter but not so much shorter, I love your height lol

• You are above the average height I think for a woman in the USA. That is not bad though.

• Iol
    im 5"11 and in my family thats average. lol

• Oh wow! Are you the descendants of redwood trees? :P

• lol nah
      my family is just tall my dad was 6"4 he was the tallest and my moms 5"8 or 5:7 one of those

• im 6'6, so ur still short to me, no offense.

• no not at all. i'm 5'7 and have dated girls taller than you. most men don't care about heght

• I'm 5'11 and I don't mind a 5'8 girl it makes it easier to kiss her

What Girls Said 9

• I'm unsure either. I'm the same height as you. I've heard we are tall, and to others, we aren't. Confused

• You're taller than the average woman in the U. S. since the average height is 5'5", but you're still shorter than a lot of guys out there.

• That's a nice height, I would think? I'm 5'5". My sister is your height and very striking, attractive. I'd think it would harder to be short.

• it's not bad to be tall

• Not short for sure but not that tall.

• "Stop trying to make 5'8 happen, it's not going to happen." GRETCHEN.

• In my opinion I think you are tall, well maybe cause I'm 5'3 but I wish I was a little bit taller.

• That guy was rude, but it sounds like he has a specific type so don't take it too hard. I'm also 5'8" and I get told by short girls that I'm tall, and told that I'm normal by taller girls. My boyfriend is 6'2" and I'm definitely not 'too tall'.

• My best friend is 5'8 and her boyfriend is 6'5. Next to him, she's a midget.