Do you think fat acceptance and whiteknights give a false sense of beauty comfort?

Fat acceptance preaches you are "beautiful" no matter how fat and disgusting you are,

Whiteknightism (seen in many female rate posts on gag) shows many losers that say average girls are "perfect" in order to get attention that they dont otherwise get.

Not saying people should be jerks but Do you think it's giving people a false sense of security, no need to improve to become their best version of themselves?

You guys really going to ignore this?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't say being obese is beautiful because it's unhealthy and being unhealthy isn't beautiful

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes. So man girls thinks they are a princess now and will even call her self one. And they act like they are a princess. Super self centered. The whole nine yards. And the only reason why they would do anything "nice" is because it will make them appear to look like a good person.

Again, it goes back to making themselves look good. They could care less about the good act or quality. And it's easy to point these girls out. I see them a lot. They do 'nice' things merely for the self image it can create.

• I know what you mean. Many women tend to do nice things so they can post it up on facebook or get tagged so peopel can no what a wonderful person they are. They would never do an act of kindness when eyes aren't on them.

• @KENKONG Yea, exactly. It's like those people who give to charity, but EVERYBODY's gotta know about it. And they will subtly inject this into a conversation. Guys can do this too, but there is a special kinda girl who will just put on the biggest ego front. It can be so sly too. You won't even know it. But it always come's back to their self image. To what they want to be viewed as. Their picture perfect panorama life image.

What Girls Said 5

• Why does it matter if someone feels good about themselves? I will never understand the mentality that we must tear others apart to fit our own desires.

From my experiences, people are more likely to take care of themselves and make healthy changes when they feel confident in themselves. I know if I was going to a gym everyday and then someone started harassing me and telling me I was ugly and fat and that I was unworthy of love and that I deserved to die, then I would probably stop going to that gym.

You don't have to like people and their habits. But why must you tear other people down just because they don't fit your idea? Why not let them live their lives? I don't get why you feel you need to tell them and be mean. Like they obviously probably already know they are big.

Also, there are in fact some guys who do genuinely find bigger women attractive. So why hate on them? If anything, it's helping you out because there will be less competition for the girls you find attractive.

• I don't think fat acceptance causes harm. No one is saying it's healthy. Doctors will be very clear and educating with their patients about weight. The first step to making change is finding appreciation for your body. You want to be good to your body as it is in order to optimize it. Feeling bad won't help most people. And I doubt most people on the fat hating bandwagon actually give a damn about the person's health. It's pure bullying, don't mask that. No one is forcing you to date a fat person. It doesn't affect you.

Encouragement, acceptance, and education about health will do more good than shaming.

• Despite all the "big is beautiful" stuff, girls report more body image issues than ever, so no.

• Of course it does. This generation can go around preaching universal beauty all they want, we ALL know what's generally attractive and what isn't. Sure one guy may be more into thicker girls with red hair, another guy may be more into thinner girls with dark hair, but just because you may be more into one look over another, doesn't mean you can't recognize that the other look is still attractive.

But hey, the more out of shape women wearing unflattering clothes there are the better, because us fit and good looking women will stand out even more than we already do.

• Lol, are we white knighting a mental illness when we say Caitlyn Jenner is a girl, or trans people are what they identify as. Even though science has said in the last 2 year's repeatedly no one is born in the wrong body or the brain of the opposite sex and it's a mental illness?

What Guys Said 4

• Tough call "WhiteKnightism" for the benefit of the guy seems a bit suspect and probably does not help in the long run but "Whiteknightism" for the benefit of the girl is a different matter. Basically they are just trying to be nice trying to help someone feel okay about themselves. If you can somehow provide support without creating delusions, we are dealing with peoples feelings here.
    People see pros and cons to both sides of what we shall call "The Truth Bomb" and "The Soft Landing" as with most issues on GaG the probable most correct answer is somewhere in the middle.
    When someone figures it out please write a take about it to help the rest of us LoL.

• Lol. Check how well this went:
    girlsaskguys. com/social-relationships/q1841492-should-this-site-implement-measures-to-punish-certain-users

I think that fat people are protected on GAG, probably cause there are lot of fat people here, and if you wanna discuss that subject, you better prepare yourself for war, cause fat mob will attack.. How do i know they're fat? Simple, No fit girl will ever defend a fat one, cause she knows that fat is not beautiful, nor healthy. The only people who would defend fat people and speak against body-shaming are the fat people...
    As i said in my previous post (s), no i don't think that lying to people just to make them feel better about themselves is a good thing, but if fat girls want to live a lie, that's their problem...

• WE'RE ALL FUCKING BEAUTIFUL! SOMETIMES WE JUST DON'T KNOW HOW TO APPRECIATE ONES BEAUTY!

• I kinda sounds like some guys are worried that they'll get rejected by fatties, too.

What exactly is the issue?