How to stop feeling insecure?

Not even go anonymous for this one lol
#notashamed
Many of you may know me as a person who basically doesn't give a fuck
Which is true
I don't care about most things
But I still get insecure. I dress differently and look different from other girls and most of the time I embrace it
But I'm still young
I'm only 18
I get insecure if sometimes other people laugh at me or point
Give me a few years and it won't phase me
But how do I just flaunt it haha
Oh plus I have anxiety
That's mostly when I'm in a crowded room or area
And i have it because of past stuff
So how to get over anxiety and such

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally remind myself that I'm happy the way I am. The way I live my life makes me special for my family and friends and knowing if I'm not with them for some reason they're gonna miss my presence in their lives.
    a side effect for being special is being extremely noticeable especially for some one who doesn't like to be followed or having eyes on them all the time. or in your case having anxiety. ( I'm by no means shy. I just don't like being the centre of attention). But just feel proud of yourself because your diffrent and take it easy on your self.. remind yourself that nobody is perfect so no one have the right to judge. Don't care about people you don't know. their opinion is irrelevant. Cause they dont really know who you are. And they're making themselves look like asshole for passing out invalid judgments. Just love yourself and only seek acceptance from people who care about you and love you. And only if you think they're worth it.

What Guys Said 11

• I am 46 and I have things I am insecure about, my sister just turned 54 she is insecure about some things in fact my mother is 88 and she is insecure about some things, what does that tell me that the old saying "Nobody is perfect" is so true.
    Okay I have seen you in action on this site and you would rather die than be the same as everyone else. I let you into a little secret, a lot of people think I am as odd as shit even laughing at me sometimes. I just go to myself "Look nobody could be loved more by their family and friends than me and by fuck I have sometimes done my best to push them away. Anyway laughing at me says a whole lot more about you than me and the fact you don't realise it makes me feel sorry for you and your narrow minded miserable existence".
    I know you don't like to hear it but I have seen you around the site and think you are very cute in that teen rebel way with a quirky personality to boot.

• It's true it does get better with age. I've noticed I care less and less now and I don't know exactly why but I'll say because I constantly kept myself busy? I've also became more confident in myself which helped me tremendously. Several factors helped me be more confident in myself but mostly running track did when I lacked confidence before a race due to the fear of performing bad I'll be very stressed but I've noticed I always preformed better than expected which then carried out into the aspects of my life.

• In my opinion sometimes it's okay to dress for society. But if they're pointing and laughing then just know that their opinion does not matter for shit.

• Practice being in situations that give you anxiety. After awhile, it won't bother you. As you get older none of this will bother you, but I think you already understand that.

• I tell myself I'm awesome every day

• as you grow, you'll care less about the little things
    don't worry

• eh tell me when you've found out lol

• Cowboy the f*ck up, Stop with the excessive whining :P

• I think I am good looking but I get zero attention from girls
    Oh well it's all in confidence I don't care because I have that confidence in myself and let me tell you , it's the best thing ever

• Just keep embracing yourself. Your style is unique to you.
    The more others laugh at you is more the time they are wasting not working on themselves.

As for anxiety, you can try to get out of your comfort zone and/or seek professional counselling

• dnt get over anxiety. and feeling insecure is quite common at your age

What Girls Said 0