Am I Too Tall For You? Or Not?

Okay, let's get straight to the point, no sugar-coating. I am a 5'8" girl. Well sort of. That is my estimated height from a top dog professional physican. I am currently 5'6" and still known as very tall within my friend group. On a daily basis I get made fun of on how tall I am by friends, family, and just random people in the hallways of my school. I currently have a boy that does love me even though I am literally too tall for most guys. Be brutally honest guys and gals, would you date a girl that is 5'8"? Be honest, I don't need approval but I would like to know how the majority of people think.

• Yes, I would date a girl that is 5'8"
  • No, I would NOT date a girl that is 5'8"

Most Helpful Guy

• Oh darling, believe it or not, but you are lucky to be that tall, tall girls are indeed attractive (generally speaking), especially when they have some meat of their tall bones.

I probably wouldn't date a 5'8 simply because I'm short myself (5'6), it's not I would find her unattractive, it's just that I think we would look awkward together. But if I were tall, I wouldn't definitely gate a girl shorter than 5'8" lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay take it from me I'm 5'8 and I'm done growing I was once your height and was the tallest girl in my elementary school.

Trust me it's not a deal breakbreaker you're only 14 and females mature faster than the guys I promise you they're going to eventually start passing you up and actually 5'8 isn't even really tall. Of course it will be to people that are shorter than you but 5'7 is average so that being said you're slightly above average. There's nothing to worry about :)

What Guys Said 24

• 5'8" isn't that tall for a girl anymore. Girls are getting taller and you're just part of that trend. I think tall girls looks so great. Be proud of your height. Stand up tall and proud!

• Fine with me. I'm 5'9" so 5'8" will work great from my point of view. Your height is taller than average for a girl but not by much. I don't think it's anything to be insecure about.

• No, I think 5'8" is fine. It's not too tall or something

• I married a girl that is 5'9" lol no worries ur a goodl

• I'm 6'5" myself, so someone that tall sounds perfect to me :)

• I'm 5'7" so I would assume that she doesn't want to date me.

She can prove me wrong if she so desires, but that seems unlikely. Hence why I said above that I assume that she doesn't want to do that.

• You're pretty tall for me (I'm 5'9) but most guys I know are over 6' so I don't think it will be a problem for you.

Make sure you have a good weight for your height though, I think that's the only thing you should worry about. Also, slim tall girls tend to be very sexy so that's another thing you should consider.

• A girl who is 5.8 is still shorter than most guys. But you are only 14 and boys tend to grow slower than girls at that age. So I guess that makes you a little nervous.
    But don't worry. They will catch up to you very soon. In a year or two most of them will probably be taller than you.

• I never took major notice of anybody's height, I don't think I would mind if a girl was 5'8

• 5'8 isn't really all that tall to me tbh

• as long as she has no problem with me being 5'7 and 1/2 i don't care. i have dated girls as tall as 6ft. Height shouldn't matter

• I have a female friend that is 5,6 and I dwarf her with my 6,4 although that's just me buy size wouldn't matter to me if I was 4 foot tall I would date a 5,8 girl if she is still attractive and had a good personality I dont think that guys have a problem with your height its self it just might be that most women that are 5,8 stereotypically will be as skinny as a rail if you have some fat on you about 125 or so than yes you can still be very sexy

• Too tall for me.. I'm a shortass 😂

• No problem at all. Unless she absolutely towered over me...

• I don't care if the girl was 7 feet, if she had a nice face, and was a cool person I'd date her

• Yeah, you're shorter than me lol

• I'm 6'1", and I'd prefer even above 5'8".

• Definitely not too tall for me, im 6'3". Perfect height, actually!

• Well I'd fuck anything cuz I'm thirsty so...

• I'm 6"2 so to me you wouldn't be very tall, probably just the right size

• Most women I've dated have been that height. I actually thought it was average for women till i was in my 30's.

• there's nothing wrong in being 5'8", i would still date her

• Of course, if I were your age - no problem, I actually prefer tall girls, even taller than me, I'm 5'10... but I would date girls up to 6'5 ft tall ;)

• Eh. You're not even that tall. No worry.

And if you were, never met a guy who doesn't appreciate some long legs. Don't make a good trait something bad!

What Girls Said 7

• I'm 5'10. 5'6" isn't that tall, and what does being 'too tall' even mean?
    It means people are basically uncomfortable with someone's who's height falls outside the average for females. Unless your head is actually grazing ceilings and becoming an issue in that sort of way, just embrace what you've got. You can't change your height and make yourself shorter, might as well make it work in your favour.

• I'm 5'2, I'd be totally cool with dating a 5'8 girl :)

• Im 5'7" and since I have a lot of male friends, many of them keep on joking Im short. Im quite average I guess. 5'8" is still perfectly well within the normal range :)

• Don't worry! I'm 5'8" too right now. Being tall is nothing to be ashamed of! And boys is not the main thing you need to worry about, self-confidence comes first. When you are comfortable in your body, a boy will surely com eventually. And by the way all models are tall! Some even more tall than 5'8". So don't worry, it will all be all right. Love yourself, your are unique. There's only one of you on the whole planet, be proud! <3

• Gurrl, same problem. Exactly. Except the boyfriend :d

• 5'8 isn't that tall at all, you must have gorgeous long legs!

• I'm 5'8" and 16 years old and I currently have a boyfriend so I don''t think you'll have too much trouble.