Am I the only one who finds it funny how the most basic/dorkiest looking people have the highest sandards and and can rule out entire groups of?

people based on their looks, and then they have the nerve to get pissed when those who are like 8/9/10's that meet their standard rejected them while complaining about how shallow people are and how it's always about looks. I'm not saying it's not ok to aim high, but don't be salty when that high takes you down. I see a lot of this on GaG by quite a few of the dude here, and I'm not saying chicks don't do it too which is why I did't rule out women with this, but I normally see it from the dudes.

People want this:

and

While looking like:

and

I'm surprised no guys commented on this yet.
Still no comments from the guys. xD

Most Helpful Guy

• I have a friend he is ugly end of story,
    he is always looking to date some model instead of some regular looking girl
    he's almost 30 and has had sex once in his life
    he's an idiot, plenty of regular pretty girls around and he wants a model

and ohhhh its you miss taco
    but yes I see what you mean

Most Helpful Girl

• I find it pretty amusing too... in a twisted way?
    I think people who are the most 'basic, dorkiest looking' may often state their standards as being often unrealistically high as a coping mechanism of sorts. Perhaps they're very insecure and unsure of themselves, are perfectly aware of how unrealistic their standards are, but find comfort in that because through it they can avoid having to potentially make themselves vulnerable when they do meet that special someone.

• @_@ Not gonna lie the sounds hella confusing...

• hahahah sorrysorry, too much psych today. :P I'm just saying it's like a defensive mechanism. Nerdy people are usually not the most confident or socially adept, right? So maybe saying they will only consider seeing a perfect 10 as potential, which they realize is never going to happen, they're kinda creating a perfect situation in which they won't have to actually come face to face with facing a possible romance. Which the thought of alone could very well make them uneasy and anxious.

• I have never thought of it like that.

What Guys Said 14

• I was never a believer in leagues so while I am sure there are examples of people you mention in your question I don't mind people chancing their arms but agree with you don't get salty if you are turned down.

• People are selective even though we rarely know what we actually want, we are a bit special in that way. XD

The girl in the first picture is pretty, but girl 4 in the other picture is also pretty. Girl 3 might be but I can't really see her, and 1 and 2 need to lose weight.

I don't dislike fat because of looks, I dislike fat because of hospital bills and prescription costs.

• But what if they're paying their own bills? o. o

• They still might suffer, or die, due to their excess weight.

I will be there for whoever I am with, but I won't jump into the lions den to introduce myself. Not unless I can help anyway.

• I see. o:

• Damn *Drake voice* way to rub the salt in the wound

• Hmm I don't look at all like them? But I want skinny chick with big tits I can motorboat and I am tall jacked athletic and can squat over 400 pounds for one rm so idek what you talking about OP. You mirin? Yea u mirin. Well #keepmiring

• But do you have a butter face, and would you mind if she has a butter face as long as she has the body you want? xD

• Hmm weird you notice all that about them but you have a boyfriend lol Just putting it out there or ones who automatically gives up on guys out of their leagues or cos they know better bod guys won't care about their interests more or yea it could be that u just don't like em :-p

• It's not all that weird. They told me themselves when we were on the topic of health 'n' shit. Plus, we've been friends for years, and like any friend of mine I know quite a bit about them through them telling me over time. My friends know just as much about me as I do them. o3o

• I can vouch for that yeah.

• Why worry or be concerned about something like this?

• The amount of questions picking on nerds is increasing for some reason...

This man,

upload.wikimedia.org/.../...Aaronson_retouched.jpg

Or that man,

i.telegraph.co.uk/.../shirrrr_3107000c.jpg

are worth more to this world than all the empty-headed "People want this:" combined.

• I agree lmaooo mad girls and guys be doing that

• Anyone can dream about what they want, right? :-P

No need to get mad over ppl's dreams, Ms. Asker! ;-)

• Hey, there isn't anything wrong with that third girl on your last pic. Just because you like Transformers doesn't mean you're a terrible human being!

• Can't really blame someone if that's all they are attracted to. Just as they had no control over their looks, they also have no control over what they are attracted to. I don't really think its fair to call it a standard...

• No... you haven't been on GaG long enough to know that quite a few people on here will say "fuck all else" if their standards aren't met.

• No, I haven't been on Gag for very long lol. I think about 4 or 5 days haha. Very interesting site. Glad I came across it though. But yea, I understand what you mean. People these days seem now to be very prideful, self centered, vain, fake, and a bunch of other things. It's pretty sad society today. It's hard to connect with anyone anymore. Even friends.

• You're telling me that as a nerd I gotta give up my expectations? 😭

• Said the person with the cartoon avatar :D

• If you read my reply to another commenter you'd know that I at least acknowledge that I'm your average potato, and that the difference between me and the people I mention is I don't go looking for 9's and 10's and then complain about how they don't like me. xD

• Also, I have posted my picture on here a few times. I just like Choi-chan (a character from one of my favorite anime's) so I used it as my profile picture. I'm not afraid to show my face if that's what you think. .3.

• Fuck 9's and 10's quit with the idolatry

• hey to be fair those last two girls on the right of that last picture are totally fuckable for me. i ain't picky. ;)

What Girls Said 10

• Lol this is hilariously true

• I personally haven't noticed this actually :p
    I have high standards and I'm unattractive but my boyfriend is like a walking wall of sexiness and he has even higher standards than I. So :p

• Oh.. Oh... I realize now. I thought this meant moral standards. XD

• Lol yes it's me thank you :p
      Everyone has their insecurities.
      Anyways now that I see what is being asked I have noticed that!! Especially in men

• I knew I wasn't the only one who noticed this. xD

• 🙌🙌🙌👏👏👏

• Girl.. Everyday in high school I saw that shit -____-

The most hideous/basic dudes and girls would always talk shit about other (BETTER LOOKING) people's looks, while always staying single.

Behind the scenes, everyone would talk shit about their unrealistic standards and laugh about how they meet none of it

Tbh I just ignore that shit and focus on my anime and lolita life ^_^

• Well. people either dont see them selves as undesirable or they are shallow because they are so insecure and they need someone better looking to make them feel better about themselves, instead of self improving.

• I think people should recognize when they're basic.

• Yes they do and that is why they try to hide it by typically going after people who can possibly change the perception.

• That's odd. o. o

• Lol this makes me laugh every time. Ok tho one rude, nasty personality and smelling girl in our grade who is sooo fugly and a total jerk was calling this desent guy "Ugly and fat as fuck" I was crying laughing so hard, like how she described him is how everyone describes her, and he is nice and way out her leauge. People sometimes 😂😂

• Self entitlement?

• Is it ok to use these people pictures with out permission?

• That red headed girl is gorgeous but everyone else ______________¥

• I'm like that lol I get why it's annoying, but us in the lower tiers appreciate the upper tiers as well. Beautiful people do not get that just because we aren't the best looking, it's like they think we'll find other not so great looking people as attractive. It doesn't work that way. We appreciate beautiful people too.