Is this a good selfie?

Is this a good selfie?

I never took selfies cause I was so self conscious about my looks. However, I've been slowly learning how to be confident and content with myself. I love photography, so I tried this selfie looking at it from a photographer's point of view. Does it look okay? Sorry for the weirdo model :-p

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not a bad picture, but I'm going to offer some critique to get a better one. This is going to be hyper critical, but I never normally look at pictures like this unless asked.

I would say the lighting flattens out your features. For you? I would say a great angle for your lights source would be to your left at about 10 o'clock (maybe 11) at a much higher angle.

Your body posture seems really scrunched forward and your hand positioning seems to accentuate this effect. I would try two different hand positions to see which one frames your face better 1) Rest the heel of your left hand under your chin and let your fingers rest back along your jaw bone, or 2) Make the "slitting throat" gesture from ear-to-ear with your left hand, hand lightly open with index and middle finger together. Now, tilt your head right, and set up the beginning of that gesture with your index and middle finger just touching your right ear.

Finally, color photos with digital. It's far easier to turn color into B&W than the reverse. Plus, the dynamic lighting I'm suggesting could really bring out your brown eyes if a streak of light falls on them.

What Guys Said 10

• Incredibilmente!

• Take a photo further away from your face. And at different angles.

• I think it looks lovely

• it looks great :)

• It is not a bad selfi, but I think you could try a few more.

Take pictures from higher, lower, the side.

• Good idea! I'll try that. Thanks!

• not really

• What would you suggest?

• Gorgeous... wow 😍

• Looks good for a non selfie taker also I love your face.

• Haha thank you. I've been trying.

• yes you look pretty and cute

• ARE YOU REE?

What Girls Said 3

• I hate selfies, but I think if it makes you feel good about yourself then do it. Just like make up. I hate wearing make up but some times it makes me feel better about myself so I do it.

• I don't wear makeup except for lipstick. But I get your point.

• Oh you got your braces off! I remember you posted a photo months ago- either way yes its a good one.

• Haha thank you! Yes, finally did get those things off.

• Haha I'm sorry but I'm not a fan of this specific selfie.. You're not ugly at all or anything like that but maybe try to take it with a bit more of a distance to your face next time?
    Like I think this is really close up oO