Why when a dude doesn't want to date a fat chick people call him a jerk but when a girl doesn't either no one says she's one?

I've seen it a lot on here. A dude comments that he doesn't like fat girls, he gets so many bad comment and dislikes but when a girl says it no one bats an eyelash.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it just depends on who the audience was at the time the statement was made. I've seen that too but I have also seen it in the reverse before.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not that.

It's how the guy says it: "fat chicks are gross and they need to stop trying to convince the world they're sexy and go hit a gym."

That's not the same as: "I am not particularly attracted to obese men/women".

There are guys who are respectful about it, as there are women who are disrespectful about how they express this. And rarely do I see anyone downvote or bash someone for stating it without putting fat people down.
    But I find typically, not just on this site but other internet sites and irl, men are more harsh how they go about expressing their physical dislikes.

What Guys Said 15

• clearly it's a double standard.

• I think it has to do with girls having more sensitive emotions compared to guys. Guys are supposed to be tough so women can say what they want and feel proud doing it, but when a guy does it, he isn't being sensitive. For a long time, some women have been trying to put themselves above men instead of everyone being equal.

• It is what it is.

• "I don't like fat girls" (*Gasp* What did he just say?) :o :o :o Ofcourse I don't give a fuck about society's 'standards' but yes it's double standards at it's best. People want equality as long as you agree with what their saying - It's really stupid.

• I would never call such guy a jerk. Physical attraction is very important. We can't chose what attracts us and what doesn't.

• Whatever, maybe , maybe not. I never heard of complaints in person.

• I think for a girl , the equivalent would not be a fat guy, it would be a poor guy.

• It's the sexist double standard we're told doesn't exist

• One of the double standards

• Most women are entitled pieces of shit.

• probably cause girls have feelings

• because everybody likes lesbians regardless of their preferences

• Cause guys are based on their height, not their weight. Since women are generally shorter, they look stockier when they're "bigger", which isn't good. If you're tall, you're allowed to be "bigger" because it doesn't look as bad as when you're shorter. And since men are generally taller, we get judged more for our height, than our weight. That's why you NEVER see short girls, going with short guys

• Women are a lot pickier than men. If men were as picky as women they would never get a boyfriend

• One of the many double standards against men that many women don't recognize

What Girls Said 1

• I have no idea! I'm kinda chubby but I think that everyone is entitled to their tastes in people, and if they don't like fat people so be it! That's just the waaay the news goes. People shouldn't be attacked for not being into certain things, no matter what their gender is!