I'm a skeleton? Losing weight?

I'm a skeleton? Losing weight...?

So I've lost a lot of weight recently and I'm a 14 year old, 5,4, and 124 pound female. I lost almost 20 pounds in the last 5 months and recently, I've been trying to eat less calories, less portions, and healthier. I'm not trying to lose weight! I'm trying to maintain. But my parents/ friends keep telling me that I look ashen, or like I'm withering away into nothing. They also say that I look 'too skinny'. I'll put a picture of me below but my question is- Do I look too skinny? Or pretty good?

And is it possible to have anorexia if you don't starve yourself?
Because when I look into the mirror, all I see in this picture is someone who needs to tone up and lose a bit more fat.
Thank you.

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need to lose weight. I can't completely tell, but you look fine just the way you are. It would be crazy if your family was used to you actually being a bit over weight.

Most Helpful Girl

• Lord you don't look like a skeleton but be careful please. You are not fat. Your ribs are showing. Also, I have that problem as well. My ribs show yet I still think I'm kinda fat. I used to starve myself and I I'm 5' 3" and used to be 115 and then I went down to 105 which is close to underweight. I'm trying to recover but I don't like saying that because I don't think I fit the guidelines for anorexia beCuse I was never underweight. Anorexia is horrible. It ruined half of my 7th grade year because i was always upset and depressed. I actually keep having the impulse to relapse but I convince myself that I can do it and because of this eating disorder I exercise every day.. Don't start starving yourself please. Don't do it. If you want to tone up, just exercise and eat healthy. Eat protein. Good luck :) be Postive! Love yourself!

What Guys Said 16

• I wouldn't say skinny, you look fine.
    More like you sucked in your tummy.
    Hormonal changes will cause weight loss due to metabolism increase.
    There are health websites that you can calculate your body mass height weight to get the caloric intake you need.
    Try increasing a couple hundred good calories a day.
    Replace raw sugar items, for healthy calories.
    If your calories are sugary, a 14 year girl with her hormones and metabolism will just burn them and not store them.

• I wasn't sucking it in, I promise.

• You look fine.

• you look good to me. tone a bit up but no need to lose or gain any weight.

• Nothing wrong with wanting to be defined. I think you have the right idea. Parents will always tell you, you look skinny or your getting to skinny. They just want you to eat and eat and eat... and eat. haha. But it's true. So just smile and say ok. And then go back to doing what you want :)

• ""Because when I look into the mirror, all I see in this picture is someone who needs to tone up and lose a bit more fat. ""

I'm not sure if we are looking in the same mirror, but I don't see that "fat" you speak of.

• I really like your body dude.
    Keep doing what you're doing.

• Your bmi is fine and I done see a skeleton. Relax.

• you look pretty normal

• You look good. Can I see more pics

• No you are not too skinny. In fact i see a little tummy fat. But that will burn off easy. You look amazing compared to 90% of American females your age

• Ud look very good with 15 extra lbs

• To me, your BMI is fine.

• looking really good actually

• eating less isn't the only way to losr weight/bodyfat, and its unhealthy if taking it too far

• don't count calories You look fine. your too young to be dieting

• I remember you! The bikini girl ❤️ I said it back then and I'll say it again. You have a great bod. No need to lose any weight.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm a skeleton?
    Not in my opinion as you weigh way more than me (you have more than 15 lbs on) and you're shorter than me. Plus going by BMI you are mid range healthy aka 21.3 not too thin and not too chubby.

"Because when I look into the mirror, all I see in this picture is someone who needs to tone up and lose a bit more fat. "
    In my opinion you are suited to tone up more as I think your bottom could use a boost and your lower abs are pudgy. To me you're "skinny fat" without being skinny.

• You're not a skeleton, but sometimes its hard to believe something you know is true, when others keep contradicting you. Let me guess, those people are overweight?

As long as you feel fine, and you're staying hydrated. If you feel faint, dizzy, your joints start aching like crazy or your period stops then you know you've pushed yourself too much. I rapidly lost 22lbs in 3 months and dropped to 107 lbs. I was the most miserable, cranky person and after I reached my goal I didn't care about anything.

I'm almost 28 years old, 5',4" and weighed myself just now = 124 pounds. Keep it up sweetie. I'm glad you're learning about calories, portion control, diet pacing and (especially) nutrition at such a young age. Those habits will keep you slim and gorgeous for the rest of your life!

• A little too thin. Definitely don't lose more.
    And google 'body dysmorphia'.

• Anorexia Nervosa is a disease of the brain, not necessarily a body type. You look healthy, but if you continue to lose weight at this place you could become malnourished. If you look at yourself and honestly think "this isn't good enough, I need to be skinnier." I would talk to your parents, school counselor, a doctor, or a trusted adult.

I suffered from anorexia/bulimia for almost a year and it still affects me. If you're worried, get help.

• Coming from someone who is anorexic, I can tell you, that you just look like you're sucking your stomach in and need to stand up straight.

Your body looks great, if you're happy with it, then who cares what others think, as long as you're healthy.

• I'm not sucking it in. :/