Why is everyone wearing darker clothing?

At my school the most color you see people wearing is dark colors. I still like wearing bright clothing, and I'm worried that people will start thinking of me weirdly bc of what I'm wearing. so I'm wondering, should I start wearing dark clothes like everyone else, or stick to my style?

• Wear dark clothing so people won't look at you crazy
    15% (4)22% (5)18% (9)Vote
  • Keep wearing bright colors, and just be yourself
    85% (22)78% (18)82% (40)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
12|7

Most Helpful Girl

• What kind of question is this lol just be yourself

2|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• Because life is a big bummer, especially as you are a teenager. As the song went, "I wear black on the outside, because that is how I feel on the outside..."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cmi93WzVTEY

And even before that, and in a more rural America, there was The Man In Black:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dY8_vZXo8oY

1|0
    0|0
  • I've always worn dark colors since I was about 5, clearly everyone is just copying off of me lol.

Seriously though just wear what makes you, you.

1|0
    0|0
  • Wear what you feel more comfortable in. You don't have to follow the others and shouldn't if you don't like where the others are headed. Be yourself.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just wear what you like!

0|0
    0|0
  • Wear dark clothing when you're on the rob.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stick to your style if you wish. I wear darker clothing because I just like it.

0|0
    0|0
  • Always be yourself. Don't be fake.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 11

• be yourself girl, don't worry about others. fashion is a means of self expression, just do u.

0|0
    0|0
  • Stick to your style, it's lame to blend in anyway

1|0
    0|0
  • Wear what you want. I wear black and always have though, I just feel comfortable in darker clothing, I feel so out of place in bright clothing, it feels like everyone is looking at me lol

0|0
    0|0
  • Don't worry is just that the cloth that are in trend are of dark color, but their is still trendy cloth of bright color.
    Sorry for my English

0|0
    0|0
  • i still like bright colours... and i'm 18! my rainboots are bright orange/ yellow and swirly :)

0|0
    0|0
  • people usually wear darker cloth to look slim, that's all lolz

0|0
    0|0
  • because color is evil

0|0
    0|0
  • Keep wearing bright colors and be yourself :)

0|0
    0|0
  • I wear black because it's the color of my soul.

1|1
    0|0
  • It's probably because it's winter. They'll be back to brighter colors in the spring and summer.

0|0
    0|0
  • Just do whatever you want. They're probably wearing darker clothes because they retain more heat than lighter clothes.

0|0
    0|0