Guys, Are these knee-high socks okay for my body type?

Before you laugh, I was secretly taking this photo in my bathroom (standing on my tub. I know...)
The photo doesn't show much but I do have much wider hips and thicker thighs. I have major insecurities regarding my body type so I do tend to wear baggy and loose clothing. I don't ever dress like this, unless it's with a long cardigan and black leggings.
I purchased these socks for a loose dress, not for this dress. A friend of mine suggested not to ever wear them in public because I'm not petite but 'meaty'. I would like a male's perspective. Depending on what I wear, can this work for my body type?

20

Most Helpful Guy

• Yah, that looks hot actually. If my wife wore something like that, I would leave those socks on during sex!

What Guys Said 19

• The person who told you that you look "meaty" is NOT your friend - or at least, is jealous or something. You look just fine wearing those.

• Yes they look fine , they compliment your outfit ; and both compliment you

• I'm not necessarily a fan of the socks but it has nothing to do with your body. You look great and your feminine curves are attractive and not at all meaty. Skinny is overrated... most guys don't want girls to be shaped like the Biebs.

• Not very meaty from what I see in these pictures. The socks look pretty good.

• Oh god yes

• 1. I don't think you look "meaty"
    2. I like overknees (or whatever you wanna call them) a lot and think more girls should wear them
    3. they look good on you, don't worry

• They look fine

• Yea. Why not. They look fine to me

• Yes they look fine

• I personally like them. If you want to wear them then wear them.

• you look very nice

• i would like them more if they would be shorter , but it looks nice

• Thats hot.. nice body

• Very sensuallove how it brings out your thighs

• I tried to prevent myself from saying 'oh fuuuuuck' when I saw the pic. But it's been a long day and I'm tired. Thankfully nobody heard.

You look head turningly good.

• If you look as good with these in person as you do here, by all means wear them! Just don't be surprised if guys are looking a bit (appreciatively).

• they look good and there's nothing wrong with your body type

• That's very good looking actually. :)

• It's fine. Do what you want, not what others think