Should I get braces or what?

My mom has been pressuring me about this, but I just don't feel like doing it. Do crooked teeth make me look ugly or what?

Should I get braces or what?

Most Helpful Guy

• Braces can make your teeth look better, but more importantly, you will have less problems with them later if they are properly aligned. Talk with the dentist and orthodontist and decide. The sooner the better, since they wilol look better and function better longer, and lead to fewer problems.

Most Helpful Girl

• Um, why not?

Talk with your dentist about your teeth.
    While dentists do not have the specialized training that orthodontists have, they are a good place to start for advice about your teeth.
    A dentist may be able to help you decide if you should see an orthodontist about your teeth and jaws. Your dentist may also be able to refer you to a reliable orthodontist in your area.

What Guys Said 22

• Your teeth look fine to me. Braces are expensive and unpleasant. I'd only get them if there was a risk that you would have problems later on with the alignment of your teeth. My sister needed them because her teeth were going to run into each other and cause issues in adulthood, but if you don't have problems like that, braces aren't worth it if you're comfortable with your smile :]

• better younger than later

• You look really pretty. You don't have to have perfect teeth to be pretty, and your teeth aren't that crooked anyway. You look great.

• You look very pretty but getting straight teeth will give you extra confidence

• Honestly, it's not that bad but it's not perfect either. If you do get bracelets you won't regret it afterwards. I want bracelets aswell cuz I got a gap between my front teeth but the dentist won't give it for free cuz they don't find it bad enough so if I really want it I have to pay around 2500 euros (almost same with dollars).

• I say, "BREAK THOSE TEETH" lol jk...
    You look fine. I don't think you need braces but a dentist would surely say that you need it coz he'll be looking to earn some money. 😏

• You dont have to but if your mom is willing to get you them, do it :) you'll be happy you did

Besides they can't be on for that long, lots of guys dig the cute braces look

• If you have to, then I'd do it. But only if you have to. I'm not sure this picture is good enough, because I can't tell. But I think your teeth are fine.

• You're quite pretty in any case, so looks wise it doesn't matter in my mind.

I don't know how find a job works where you live so you would have to judge if your teeth would affect you in that sense.

• Ugly would be far eye separations and flat chested in my opinion.
    You look good, better than a lot of people. Don't feel low self esteem because of dental problems.

• Don't get braces for ur self esteem... Get them so u can properly take care of ur teeth. Your teeth are more prone to cavities the way they are now

• Aw.. you look sweet :D. That one tooth gives your smile a uniquely charming aspect :D.

• sweetheart I think braces look awesome, and already you look so great braces will just make you look sexier

• Yes for sure
    Older you get the more issues will happen from poor teeth alignment

• Nope your teeth are nice

• your mom right

• Those aren't bad but whatever u want it's what u want

• Nah you don't need to.

• Ur really very cute.. No need f doing it..

• I don't think it will effect man's opinion of of you if you don. t after all, it is only women who judge men's appearance based on their teeth.

• You're pretty, get braces, break the Asian stereotype of having bad teeth.

• you are looking quite fine already but after braces it will look MUCH better!!

What Girls Said 9

• YOU LOOK UBER CUTEEE!!!
    Honestly... I would them now because later in the years, you'd realized that you want braces and you won't get them because you're too old. So get them while you're still young.

• They don't seem particularly bad, I'd only get them if it's what you really want or if you think it'd make you feel better about yourself

• I think you look really pretty!! And your teeth are cute! I'm sorry your mother is pestering you about your teeth. However, crooked teeth can lead to problems later in life. I had braces from the time I was in 5th grade until 11th grade, and even now as an adult they are not perfect. But, I am glad i got them.

Maybe you could go on one or two consultations to the braces doctor? Just make an initial visit with them and see what they say. pLus, if your parents/mother is paying for it, why not :)?

• Best talk to the dentist lol

• yes you ll look even better.
    everyone has braces it s no biggy.
    I had braces

• If I were you, take them, Sometimes it's a pain in the ass but at the end you won't get trouble with them when older and it just looks nice and neat, not that's gross to have crooked teeth because mine were really bad as well. But the results are just really nice and i would recommend it

• Well when I had a overbite people treated me like shit...

When I got straight teeth I was treated better..

So...

You decide.

• Nope. You are really pretty and your teeth do not even look bad

• Yes get them. I have em and they are amazing