Do Asian girls look young for their age?

My Asian mom is 50 but 28 year old American guy tried to flirt with her because he thought she was around his age. My mom doesn't have a "baby face" She is a typical beautiful 50 year old woman.

Do Asian girls look that young to other race people?

Then how do Asian girls look like when they are in their 20s? Like a 10 year old girl or something? πŸ˜… Is this the reason why people usually call Asian girls cute instead of calling them hot or pretty?

Most Helpful Guy

• They are known for having a youthful appearance. There's something called neoteny which refers the retention of youthful appearance into adulthood. Supposedly Asians are the most neotenized.

((Stephen Jay Gould objected to the ranking of races as more or less neotenous, but Gould argued that if one used the terms set forth by 1920s proponents of racial neoteny, "Asians" are "clearly" the most neotenized human race.[27]

Ashley Montagu said that the "Mongoloid skull, whether Chinese or Japanese" is the most neotenized human skull,[5] and Montagu added that "Chinese peoples" are "perhaps" the best representatives of neoteny out of the Mongoloids))

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neoteny

Most Helpful Girl

• I definitely do think so! Same with my mum, she definitely doesn't look her age and I always get asked if we're sisters (meh..) lol. I think they definitely look younger and seriously I feel like they don't age till theyre actually "old" haha.

What Guys Said 9

• "Do Asian girls look that young to other race people?"
    Yes, I think you age more slowly and your faces in maturity add character instead of looking tired and worn. Stay away from makeup as much as you can.
    To our eyes, your race tends to take 5 to 10 years off your appearance and I suspect this can be an issue for teens.
    Look at AV model Hitomi Hayasaka. She is 33 and barely looks 20's.
    "Is this the reason why people usually call Asian girls cute instead of calling them hot or pretty?"
    Cute? Yes. But still hot and pretty.

• Yup. My mom's 60, only two years younger than my dad. People have mistaken her for his daughter... ugh haha.

Same goes for guys. I'm 24 but I still get carded when I go out. Today, I was crouched down, tying my shoe and something got in my eye and it started watering. As I was wiping my eyes, still crouched, some middle-aged lady comes up and asks, "Aw, are you lost?" After standing up, and being at least 6 inches taller than her it became a little more obvious that I'm not a little child, haha.

• Yes, some Asians tend to look younger for their age.

• Not a girl but I'm turning 27 but I get carded everywhere I go -_-

• Yes, this woman is two thousand years old!

3.bp.blogspot.com/.../OldWoman.png

• I get the same problem 😢😢😢 can't find a girl my age

• Asians do look young, yeah.

• Yes sometimes they more attractive

• Yes. Ming Nah. DAMN that girl has found the fountain of youth.

And yes, a cute, hot or pretty Asian girl - would date.

What Girls Said 7

• It's a stereotype, In reality I don't find it to be very accurate, I think Asians look their age most of the time.
    Maybe good for their age but their age. I think a lot white men have trouble distinguishing age because they have trouble distinguishing Asian faces. We're not used to it you know. So as long as your thin, dress fashionably, have long hair and are not super wrinkly most men will be quite a bit off guessing your age

• no. it really depends on the person. sometimes being small makes you look younger or having a baby face but there's nothing about being Asian that automatically makes you look younger.

• Well my mom is not Asian and she looks 35 despite being in her 50s too so I guess it depends on the individual person's genes (plus diet & lifestyle), too but I guess that it's somewhat safe to say that Asians in general age differently meaning they get wrinkles later and the wrinkles they get are often less deep so they probably appear more youthful even when they are older. But hey that's a good thing!

• My mom is 60 and everyone thinks she's 40. Healthy eating and not smoking or drinking helps with not looking like an old shoe when you hit 30.

• Asians don't crack. Didn't you know?

• some do, some don't

• Once when I was 17 and went to a buffet, I was automatically charged the child price (12 and under) without being asked how old I was 😂