How to accept myself?

So I came here gag to see what people are looking for in a girl's appearance and now I think I've got a basic idea but... the problem is that I cannot be like that! 😭LMAO
Now I hate myself so much. I literally hate everything about me. I don't have a good face and body but I'm not successful in study or sports... I hate me the way I am. I

Do you guys like being yourself? How do you accept yourself?

Most Helpful Girl

• No please don't hate yourself!!! Everybody is beautiful in my eyes. It doesn't matter if your overweight, underweight, normal weight or any of that. I mean everyone is beautiful. I know that you are like yeah everyone says that without meaning but I'm dead serious. And I'm not going to lie, I don't exactly accept myself either. I normally hate and put myself down all the time. I actually kinda struggle with an eating disorder. Anyway, girl, love yourself and be happy!!

What Guys Said 12

• I like being me.

It took a lot of work though. Years of exercise, studying, a lot of shit that was very much not fun.

• I like me.
    But remember many people here on gag are here due to their issues and questions.
    Someone answering a question about looks may have an issue where they are convinced only one type of beauty exists.
    You are beautiful, to someone.
    Now your question should be... How do I find someone that thinks I am attractive?
    Then, step out side your boundaries of who your guy should be, and wait to see who accepts you... Then decide if they are worthy and should you accept them

• Why would you come here for that?
    I love being me except when I'm around people who don't like me , but there's an easy solution for that.
    I found that I could only accept myself by not caring about what other people thought of me. I may feel the affect but I don't have to let it effect me.

• Okay, this might not be helpful advice, but, if you don't like yourself, how about you change yourself into something that you will like? It's just an idea

• Just know you're the best little you out there🙂

• people want your flaws not your perfections

• Hardly anyone is really happy with themselves. You just have to accept that you don't have to be perfect.

• Oh no , dont care about apperance , i like smart pepole , and you're one of them :)

• I choose not to care about how i look. I am not ''put on this Earth'' to please someone else's eyes. I make myself look presentable, but that is all.

• Its most Peoples problem

• You just start accepting yourself. Don't let others tell you what you should or shouldn't be. Just be happy

• why hate yourself? are you so pathetic that your happiness and well being depends on the standards of some internet trolls and virgins?

What Girls Said 5

• I won't say 100% yes because as humans we all have insecurities and self doubt. However, I accept and appreciate what I am for the most part. I don't look good, I'm not intelligent and I'm bad at a lot of things. I'm not perfect. That doesn't make anyone who has all those things better than me. Focus on the good things instead and accept the bad ones. Appreciate what and who you are, and what God has given you. There are more important things that you have that others don't (loving family, good friends, food, education, a home, good character). Those things are the most important to make a man stay with you in the end. All the things you mentioned are what they just want for now to hit it and use you for it and then they'll run. They're not worth a thing. Good character is worth everything. And you're fine and beautiful just the way you are. If you aren't satisfied, improve yourself for you and not guys or anyone else. Self value and self respect comes before anyone else's value and respect for you.

• You gotta take into consideration a lot of people on GaG are bitter and have unrealistic standards and expectations.

• Um, If you spend your time with people who negate your self-worth, you may have a hard time accepting yourself. When people are constantly critical of you, it will be harder to convince yourself that you have strengths.
    Spend time with people who are supportive of you and who love you. These people will give you the boost you need to accept yourself for who you are.

• accept yourself, LOVE YOuRSELF

• Same here. feel ya!