What do people think of acne?

I have acne all over my face, neck, chest, shoulders and back. Some days I ignore it, but most of the time its all I think about. I hateeee it when people with the clearest skin get 1 pimple and complain, like really? My self confidence is shot, and its getting to the point where I'm becoming depressed again. Any thoughts on how I should bring my confidence up?

Most Helpful Guy

• severe cystic acne when i was younger.

accutane. the end.

• *it was a huge factor in everything i did and DID NOT DO.

• had it on my chest back neck and face. there's nothing you can do if it's bad enough. there's really no psyche that'll overcome it. it'll always.. absolutely always. be there in mind. feel free to message me if you wanna talk about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've had problematic skin since I was 13 or 14, so I know exactly how you feel.

Don't let your acne define you. It will pass, and the worst thing you can do is to limit yourself because of it. Some people will never understand, and that is okay, just like you could never completely understand someone else's problem.
    I used to be the girl who never went out of the house without foundation, that's how insecure I was... I even started believing that I was unlovable because of my acne, it was the only thing I saw when I looked in the mirror. But then I started realising that people are attracted to personality, and not looks (not talking about the superficial first attraction when you first meet someone). And that's when my attitude started changing, and as a result of that my everyday life became better.

I still have acne (not nearly as bad as when I was 15 or 16), and it is sometimes hard to look around and see my friends who all have clear skin (some of them had acne, but only as a result of puberty) when I'm 19 years old, but honestly I just look at everything as a bigger picture. Would I love to have perfect clear skin? Yes. Are there thousands of other health problems that I could be having? Yes. So in comparasing with that, acne is not that bad...

If you ever come into contact with ignorant people, who don't understand that it is a skin condition and usually have comments like "You should eat healthier, you should wear less makeup, you should take better care of your skin.", just ask yourself is that person's opinion important to you? It usually isn't, because your real friends would never focus on something so superficial, and those are the opinions that matter. At the end of the day, you can't live you life by worrying about everyones opinion, the only person who you should aim to please is you.

I hope my answer helps, and if you ever need someone to talk to, just message me. :)

What Guys Said 7

• Try taking chlorophyll tablets, it helps detox you and can help with acne.

Girls get acne often. It's just an unfortunate part of life... two really cute classmates I've had, and I mean very attractive girls, had noticeable acne. It happens.

• I had an acne problem from age 16-19. It went cystic on my face, neck, shoulders, upper arms, and chest. It was crazy painful, so I had to go on accutane for 8 months. In other words, I feel their pain

• Don't associate acne with uglyness. Sometime people can forget acne and see what's behind and inside.

• Bad formulation, not inside the acne, I meant, the inside of you, your mind, your way to think.

• Haha ur prob not even close to ugly first off and second off think about what u have over those people

• Ehh its not good but hey they can cure it. ;) if you have a hot body and great potential then it ain't stopping me from anything unless its really really bad

• Just dont worry about it because all will go away

• Go see a dermatologist

What Girls Said 3

• I started getting pimples here and there around 10, severe acne at 15, and now persistent breakouts at age 19. The only thing that keeps me going is the thought that it will eventually clear up on its own.

• I don't mind it. It's a normal process to get acne while going through puberty

• i have acne on my face too, but i cover it with makeup which it's disgusting because i hate wearing makeup and it's worst for your skin...