Am I too fat to cheer?

I am 5'4 and 175 pounds. For my last year in highschool, I really want to do either cheerleading or poms. I'm really flexible and can do the splits and am strong enough to be a base. I have no problem trying to get in shape before tryouts in May but even if I lose weight will I still be too big?

Most Helpful Girl

• Damnn I'm 5'8 and your heavier than me O. o eh, I've seen bigger cheerleaders.

You should still cheer! Yes lose weight by eating healthy and excercise a bit for your own sake. You said so yourself, your flexible :) freaking enjoy your senior year.

What Guys Said 13

• Wow, some of these people are fuckin dicks, haha. Anyway, is that too fat to cheer? Don't think so. It's hard to judge without you posting a picture, but it would probably be ideal for you to lose a little weight, because you'll just feel lighter and it will be easier for you to do the actual cheering and shit, but it seems like you have plans to exercise anyway. I'd definitely ask your coach for their input, but I'm sure you're fine.

• Your best bet is to lose weight because they will look at that. Go to your coach and ask them because they will choose the spots at the end of the day.

• You probably could but you're the base of the pyramid. You're not on the top, that could be dangerous.

• I would need to see a picture to be honest. I'm mot good woth the telling me your weight thing. Plus a lot of it has to do with proportion

• Totally, you should go for it. And just because you are 175lbs doesn't mean it's due to fat. Muscle weighs more than fat, if you got a little extra jelly who cares, if it bothers you then eat healthy and hit the gym.

• You should lose about 30 lbs. It's mostly a question of what you eat and what you drink.

• post a pic honey

• Well it would help if you included a picture. But that sounds like a perfect size to me to cheer.

• Nah your fine.

• I saw go for it still

• Yes you're fat for your height. I dont think you should cheer lead :(. If you want to get laughed at or teased yeah go ahead.

• No way you sound fine and curvy sexy

• Well, every cheerleading squad needs a fat girl so yeah go for it

What Girls Said 4

• Go for it. Just because your bigger than the average cheerleader doesn't mean anything. If someone has a problem with it just tell them to fuck off and just keep doing what you want. If you would like to lose weight then do it. But don't do it because all the stick thin sluts think you look bad do it for yourself.

• This was a good comment, until you got to the "stick thin sluts" part.

Don't try to fight hate with even more hate. Not a good way to live.
      The "tell them to fuck off and just keep doing what you want" part, though? Yep. (:

• Doooo it!

• Yes your too fat

• If it's a squad that does dance and tumbling routines, you need to start a cardio and weight training regimine to be in condition.