Why are men so attracted to long hair?

I'm in college, & I usually wear my hair in a bun with a bang but one day I decided to wear my hair straightened and down and it seemed like I was getting so much more attention from the men there. I mean like they were going above and beyond to be nice. Why is it that longer hair looks more appealing to men?

Most Helpful Guy

• When it's up like that, it makes us think you're uptight. Loose hair, makes you look like you're relaxed, it's attractive because it's inviting when you appear loosened up (relaxed)

Most Helpful Girl

• Long hair on a woman is a biological sign of good health which signals fertility and youth which brings out the natural desires in a man. It's not something that makes them pigs or anything, it's genetically natural.

• Oh, i wasn't implying, just a question :)

• No, it's cool:) Thanks for Most Helpful!

• Your welcome ;)

What Guys Said 17

• Women are meant to have long hair... period. A woman with long hair will always be more attractive to a man; it's how men are wired. It's not to say a few don't prefer short hair, but it will always be the rare few.
    If you notice, woman often get older, get married, have kids, and cut their hair off. It's because it's so much easier to deal when it's short. But also notice the divorce rate, how men are always looking at other women, etc. I'm not saying it's right, but when a woman stops putting in effort to be "a woman", then her man will look around. And hair is one of those things. Long hair is what makes a woman so feminine.
    Just my 0.02 anyhow.

• Women are MEANT to have long hair? Does this mean men are meant to have short hair? Why thr does some women's hair NOT grow, and some men's hair won't stop? Just curious :)

• he is right women are meant to have long hair , i never found any woman with short hair attractive , long hair makes women 10x times hotter

• "Meant" as in my opinion (and the opinion of many guys)... not the scientific version of "meant". Why some girls hair won't grow, I have no idea. And I'm one of those guys that's hair grows like crazy; and I HATE getting a haircut. I wish my hair wouldn't grow. Anyhow... long hair on a girl will always be more attractive to the guys.

• I've always been attracted to long hair myself but never bothered to know why just cause it feels good and when something is good I don't question the feeling unless there's something to it ;)

Guess it's something natural and as nature intended it - that's keeping it simple.

However, short or medium length hair also is pretty attractive depending on how it's worn :)

Again here's something to keep things in perspective :)
    www.hairfinder.com/tips/men_prefer_long_hair.htm

• I don't really care to be honest. Women don't need long hair to be beautiful. Many men see it as more feminine though..

• It's so feminine and so sexy 😍

• Because it looks better. What the fuck else are we supposed to say?
    It ALWAYS looks better and I wish girls always wore it down.

• It's feminine. It's a sign of femininity. Men are attracted to that.

• So long hair is feminine? So that means men who wear longer hair is also feminine looking right? Have you seen Brad Pitt in Troy? Lol

• It's through history. Women with long and healthy hair is a sign of fertility which attracts men. Men can have long hair if they want but it doesn't work the same way. Not seen the same way as it's seen in women.

• A girl's hair is one of my favourites parts of a girl's body, for me is like peacock's feathers and if she wears it down, she is showing her hair as it is, so it is normal. If you want to get attention, you are getting a reward for take care of your hair ;)

• It's a turn on for us because it's very feminine and beautiful. Short haired girls can be beautiful too, but I prefer girls with long hair

• it looks nice simple as that.

• we just love it. long hair can make a cute girl really attractive.

• My sister says: "To pull it."

I personally like shorter hair.

• It doesn't, but in your case, you might look better with longer hair.

• What does that mean?

• Longer hair doesn't always look more appealing. Some people look better with long hair, others look better with short.

• It seems healthy, wild. Hair can completely alter a persons impression.

• Why is height so appealing to women?

• I don't care for long hair, but some women looks better with long hair, I like women who have attractive faces, eyes and butt, I like tits too but my preference is face, eyes, butt and tits.

• Its more feminine somehow

• It is to me. I cannot help but ADORE long haired women.

It is one of my very few MUST HAVEs for women.

What Girls Said 6

• I don't get it either.. but yeah they do love it

• My husband LOVED when I cut my hair short, aggressive, and punky for a while. I mean, "he can't keep his hands off me" is the status quo anyway, but OMG lol. The boy was ravishing me every minute he could.

He likes me enough with long hair, but, I have a few short-hair wigs and he goes nuts when I put those on for him.

• Because it's feminine.

• It's because long hair is more feminine and looks better than short hair in general.

• Totally agree. I'm really turned on by girls who wants to feel so feminine that they love having long hair and hate long hair on guys.

• Not all men

• Supposedly long hair shows a sign of fertility... I don't know read somewhere