Am I the only one who thinks women are wearing too much makeup now?, image below?

Most Helpful Girl

• I agree. I think some women are getting way too carried away with makeup. What I think is ridiculous is that face contouring makeup trend where average plain Janes suddenly look like Kim Kardashian. That's just way too much makeup. Don't get me wrong. Some makeup is fine. Maybe a little mascara or some red lipstick now and then or I could see if someone had hyperpigmentation skin condition where they had an uneven skin tone and was trying to make their face look all one color so they used face makeup for that. But the whole face contouring, false eyelashes, heavy eye makeup, clown look is overkill. Besides what happens when the men of these women one day see what they look like under all that makeup?

I'm lucky that my boyfriend prefers me without makeup.

• "what happens when the men of these women one day see what they look like under all that makeup?"

LOL

Ah, but these are the kinds of women who go on to become the grandes dames. They tend to age very, VERY gracefully, in part because this little routine of theirs is pretty invincible against the advancing tide of time.

They have that big warm laugh that lights up the room. That big obnoxious crystal brooch on their lapel. The larger-than-life stories from their lives.

I'll tell you exactly what happens with their men -- their men love them, and adore them, and treasure them. Damn right well into their dotage.

Srsly, I know this thought may be downright incomprehensible atm, but there are all sorts of women out there who don't even hit their stride until middle age -- and these women yr deriding as "clown face" will be among them.

We can't all be 28 forever.

What Girls Said 23

• I truthfully don't know any girl who contours or otherwise wears heavy makeup on an everyday basis.

My wise grandmother once told me that if other people can tell I'm wearing makeup, then I'm wearing too much. I usually go subtle like that, but it's definitely fun to dress my face up a little more at times!

• I completely agree. So many females are obsessed with contour and drawing all up in their eyebrows to give them a particular shape.

• She looks gorgeous! But high-maintenance. I try to wear as little makeup as possible because not only it's expensive, but it can make me look totally different from what I really look like (believe me, my friend painted my face and I couldn't recognize myself). I also touch my face, sweat and move a lot (because of my job) so I would end up looking like your worst nightmare at the end of the day if I wore as much as she does. I would eventually wear that much for a very special life event like engagement photos, my wedding or family photoshoots. But everyday? No.
    She looks amazing, but she probably spent hours in front of the mirror doing that.

• I like makeup, but I find contouring to be fuckin' ridiculous. You're literally changing how you look... entirely. I get where guys are coming from with feeling like they're being lied to when it comes to contouring.

Because they and everyone else who doesn't see that person right when they wake up ARE being lied to.

• What other women want to do with their faces doesn't concern me at all. I don't think it's my place to decide for others how much make up they can or can't be wearing and whether it's too much or not :) That's just my feels.

• While she is done up she's pretty tame considering some of the youtube videos I've seen. Some of these chick's have 1726265226 products that go on their face. I think it's been dubbed the glam look where they do full contour, eyebrows, lipstick, eyes etc. My rule of thumb is, if you look like a different person with your makeup on you've gone too far.

• Sure, I think that some women wear a lot of makeup, and that it could come off as unnecessary to wear that much. However, it isn't my, your's or anyone else's judgements to make about how much makeup a woman wears.
    Also, if a woman does her makeup that dramatically, it's usually not because she's trying to be attractive or to leave a certain impression on people. Women can do their makeup with the intent of making themselves happy or simply because they want to.

• Trust me you aren't alone, I'm a girl but I am a tomboy, I only wear a little makeup, Girls wear makeup to try to cover up their imperfections and try to make themselves pretty, because girls that are normal (or maybe just me) Don't think of themselves pretty, So girls put on makeup, And some take it a bit... to... far.

• women always did.. lol.. but yeah too much seems so fake..

• Point taken, but the girl in the picture is naturally beautiful. Those plump lips and large almond eyes are solid part of her look. Women should wear makeup that enhances their true looks subtly or dramatically depending on the occasion- but the makeup shouldn't transform her into an alien.

• No you are not only one. Tons of make up look so artificial.
    That's the reason why i don't wear make up.
    In the morning we all know how our face really looks like and i like it more than my face with make up.

• I don't mind it. I love makeup. I own a lot and wear a good amount of it on my face. But I personally, wouldn't wear THAT much. But I would never tell someone else what to do with their face.

• oh me too xD i think they look scary lol

• I agree. I don't usually wear much makeup if any mostky bc I'm too lazy and no one has taht kinda time

• Yeah I think a lot of girls do!

• I kind of agree. but only because contouring has become a fashion and some people make the lines look too dark and it doesn't look natural.

• also i don't like how they shave and draw on their eyebrows, i just get mine shaped at a salon

• U do now.

• thanks for the heads up lol

• I do too, it looks awful and fake. I wear some tinted moisturizer and some mascara and call it good. If your face looks drastically different when you have makeup on and when you don't, you're wearing too much.

• They really are

• I wear too much make up.

• Even if we look normal, there can still be layers of makeup.

• Some do, for sure. I don't personally know people or do that heavy contouring look for every day. I wear mascara and some lip balm. Some friends wear a bit more, but not heavy make up.

• Makeup is unflattering and holds no beauty to it.

• I agree with you, way too much makeup on

What Guys Said 7

• I think for some girls they think that if a little makeup is good, then a lot of makeup would be better. That's where they go wrong.

• I wouldn't go overboard on anti make up but my preference is for light make up or natural appearance.

• I don't think she's wearing too much make up. She looks fine to me. Mimi from the Drew Carey show is an example of wearing to much make up.

• Daaaaamn she looks fine as fuck.

• It's a matter of opinion.

My opinion is that women can look great either way: natural look or a lot of make-up.
    Goth girl make-up is really sexy and beautiful which requires tons of make-up.

• Eyeliner/mascara (depends) is the only thing that makes a significant positive difference.
    The only exception is if she has blemishes that can be covered with concealer... then that would help.

• Haven't they always been like that?

• Not at all, this "contour" stuff is getting out of control.