Does anyone else hate how extremely good looking people, Always tell ugly people ''Beauty is subjective''?

I just think its f*cking annoying, As someone who GAG thinks is a solid 3/10 at best, I know and accept the fact i look like f*cking shit, So why does every single god damn 7+/10 feel the need to say to ugly people ''Beauty is subjective'' and ''its on the inside what matters'', When they have literally no f*cking idea what its actually like to be legitimately ugly...

I'm getting fed up of trawling through takes of people who look like models just unloading false-confidence inducing BS to ugly people...

• Yes, Its wrong when attractive people try to tell ugly people looks don't matter, They have no idea.
  • No, Attractive people can say whatever they want about ugly people.

Most Helpful Guy

• Beauty is between subjective and objective.
    Although preferences vary from person to person, the general outlines of beauty are universal.

TBH those "extremely good looking people" you mention aren't clueless as you perceive them to be. They're trying to make others feel better, although it only has an inverse effect and what they say is dismissed as sentimental BS.

What Girls Said 21

• Ok, so what should attractive people say?

• ^^ Yep. This.

The asker really, really needs to answer this question.

Along the way, the asker should probably think for a good long time about the nature, and purpose, of "politeness" in general. Because... yeah.

• Being ugly doesn't seem to stop some people. They live life to the fullest, and others have no choice but to make allowance. Kind of like how a white person is around a submissive, suckup black person. They mirror the way they think you feel you deserve to be treated, maybe even talk a little down to them (unconsciously of course). Then the same white person gets around a black person who is confident and outgoing and colorblind, all touchy feely, laughin in their face its like - whoah. The white person is calculating, thinking oh, this person feels they're valued, and don't feel threatened. they don't care about race. oh ok. i see. and then the white person is relaxed and laughin or whatever, mirroring that projection.. Same thing with average looking guy, his weak/strong vibe can suddenly make him more/less attractive-and we can't figure out why.

Even if you have potential, if you feel you're super ugly and don't deserve anyone- everyone will agree. Stop sabotaging yourself!

• Mate, life doesn't work like that, some people don't have potential, unfortunately some of us just get a shit hand in the DNA lottery, and we just gotta play it. Usually that involves taking shit your entire life and dying alone.

Ugly people have less value as human beings then attractive people, and are capable of accomplishing less by nature. Sucks but it's true unfortunately

• I really hate when people say "everyone is beautiful" because it is not true. Maybe someone will find that ugly person beautiful, but they're not and tbh life and society is so strange... We all want everyone to feel equal. To feel loved. But how can people accept themselves when the perception of beauty and looks is mostly what matters nowadays. Beauty is subjective to a certain extent... someone will appreciate you for being yourself, but people need to stop saying that everyone is beautiful especially to people who are "curvy" (which people think is fat) and to anorexic people and people who simply are not healthy or okay. And when people think of beauty they need to stop crowning the caked on fake girls as queens of beauty. Because you should be who and what you are naturally and be accepted as beautiful on the outside or on the inside. But of course this will never happen... and the whole idea of "everyone is beautiful" which is partially true, because everyone has something unique about them will reign for years to come. I think you should try to make the most of what you have and who you are... I know the world revolves around a lot things like beauty, but that shouldn't stop you and you should learn to love yourself and understand that we are our hardest judges, but society is the biggest and if you let society define you, then you are a loser, but if you don't pay attention to what they say and make the most of what you have, you will be successful. Just try harder. I know I ranted, but people shouldn't lie to make others feel better, and if looks are all that matters to society then we have truly lost the true meaning of beauty.

• Its true, attractive people don't know what its like to not even get a foot in the door. However, attractive people are not immune to horrible relationships, loneliness, depression, illnesses, they feel just as horrible as, any "ugly" person (per your description) a person 3/10 vs 7+/10 has the same equal amount of emotions.

Yeah, perhaps attractive people get more opportunities in the eyes of a 3/10 person. But those "opportunities" aren't what a 3/10 person may think. It can also be said that a 3/10 person has no idea that looks at the end of the day don't hold as much weight in terms of healthy relationships, mental, emotional, and spiritual wellness.

I've seen a lot of 3/10 (to me) as 7/10 in other people's eyes. Attractiveness has more to do with the vibe they send out, charm, confidence, personal quirks than just mere looks.

"ugly" people think if they were better looking, then everything will seem to be better, easier time dating, more chances of getting liked, this perfect world where everything is just dandy.

Ugly people to me are the way they're insides are..

Take my boyfriend- on a social standard... he's bald, skinny, has glasses, does't necessarily dress nice. But his character is beautiful... Then I've been on dates where the guy has the perfect resume, speaks 4 languages, went to an ivy league school, model like, cultured, tons of friends. Yet I felt zero connection.

When the initial "attraction " phase occurs. What do you think beautiful people fight about? lack of good looks? No just like any Human, they're struggling just as much as anyone else. They yearn for a love that they can understanding. we're all here trying to find someone that we can align our love needs to theirs. Looks.. is just a very very VERY small part.

• Beauty is subjective. You know it is when even the most beautiful people get rejected by average looking folks. I've seen pretty girls with guys I thought were not cute at all, and hot guys with girls that are just.. well just okay in my opinion. Sometimes a guy doesn't even have to be cute but if he is buff it changes the whole game. Or if his personality is unique and special. I have liked guys that were not even cute to me but their personality made them so much more attractive :) If I were you just find a strong physical point in yourself, and work with it. Every guy has a cute characteristic. Your hair, nice arms, broad shoulders? I don't know work with what you've got and start from there and be comfortable with yourself.

• What about a small built pale guy who has to shave his head from something like alopecia?

Skin don't tan at all, hair would be patchy if I did grow it out, and I've worked out solid for about 6 months and gotten tone but no mass so I'm still like 132 and 5'10. Some have said my eyes and face are great but that's not enough for attractive girls I guess.

• I agree it would be worse to be overweight etc, but still when I take my short off to run people are shocked, since I wear so small of clothes they probably assume I'm a pencil neck underneath.

Part of it comes from the no hair, I've been called every version of ugly under the sun from no hair, while others have said my face and eyes are attractive enough I rock it, and more girls who tell me I rock it and think I'm attractive (things a couple pissed boyfriends have confirmed as truth,) but still couldn't get past no hair. Why should I have to settle for a non attractive girl simply because I lost hair? True there may be some subjectivity no one can deny that however there is a one size fits most.

• @Beaver19 Why are you assuming you will have to settle for a non-attractive girl? There are millions of pretty girls in the world I don't think finding one who is attracted to you is your problem. If you change your attitude and go on a little search I'm sure you will find tons of people willing to date you. (Tons of attractive people ;) ) Stop looking in the wrong places.

• Actually "perfection is in perception" so dont let it get to you.
    you may be a 3/10 to you but to someone you are a 9/10

• Well said.

• Sup SHQ,

Beauty is a real thing sadly. Symmetrical faces have been proven to be the ideal standard. Silky straight hair tells a guys instincts that she is healthy for breeding thus making her attractive. Full lips and healthy teeth are another sign of fertility. I could go on but I believe you get the point.

Even you SHQ can become super attractive. If you straighten your hair, change it to a darker brunette and remove your glasses it'll really move you up some points. Also working out can help people have a better face because your natural bone structure will show more.

• @Aeon_Flux_21 Yes I know that. There is a difference though between being attracted to someone and thinking someone is physically appealing or aesthetically pleasing to the eye.
      For example, IDGAF if you think I can look better cause of whatever cause I'm fine with how I look.
      My hair is naturally dark brown but i wanted red so i dyed it. I need the glasses to fucking see, my hair is naturally curly so thats out of the question and well I dont exercise.
      I don't care if I am attractive to other people, it's my own feelings on my looks i need to care about.
      i appreciate you being honest and all, and adding your opinion but i dont appreciate you giving me... tips on how to be more attractive.

• Ha Zoolander but no. If you truly received that low score then it is probably something you can change. Lose weight, clear up the achney and get a new haircut.

• Im not really overweight, And have no spots. And, I just have a typical short back and sides haircut like the majority of guys do.

I just have absolutely fucking horrific facial structure. The type of shit only stupidly retarded amounts of high expensive facial reconstruction can fix. Even after that it would still probably be shit.

• I'm a big believer in Beauty and the Beast. Julia Roberts married Lyle Lovett as just one example. and I like Owen Wilson's nose. Be good at other things, be smart and kind. If you do so you may have a tad more difficulty getting them in the door but will keep the ones you catch.

Some men are so fat they can't have sex because their penis is buried. It could always be worse.

• I understand you.

For now at your age it's ok, but remember once you get to my age society and reality becomes brutal. I used to believe in being my things like you are 16. As I got older reality got nasty, unfair and brutal. Looks, style and social connects will matter in the future.

• Last time I checked, people can say whatever they want due to this thing called freedom of speech.

You must not get out much if you have never heard ugly people bitch about attractive people.

So sit down and shush your nonsense.

• Chill out with that condescending bullshit attitude dude.

• Hmmm... sounds like you're saying that to yourself :p

• Attraction comes in many different forms. So does beauty. BEAUTY is not something only to be experienced on the outside! A good healthy looking person is also beautiful, a person who is happy can also be called beautiful and sure some people got some better physical features than others but as someone who has been called 'beautiful' by some people will never know how not-beautiful I have felt for most of my life.
    I have people telling me how much they love my make-up but they don't know that under my makeup are acne scars and nights of crying. People tell me how they love my curves but what they don't know I've been struggling all my life with my weight due hormonal inbalances in my body.
    I tell people that they are beautiful because they can't see how their eyes light up when they talk about something they love. I tell people they are beautiful because I can see when they tried a little extra that day to look good. I tell people that they are beautiful because people are beautiful and unique. You may not look the best on the outside BUT if you are true to yourself, love others, live life and smile of happiness than you you are beautiful!

• Beauty IS subjective!
    I've dated guys that were "ugly" like a 4/10 according to my friends, but I was attracted to them anyway because of their humor , kindness & other personality traits. The attractive people who say beauty lies in the eye of the beholder tell the truth.
    Maybe you won't get many one night stands/hookups at the club , (but then again - how many wife material girls do you find there? ) but once someone actually gets to know you you'll be 10 times more attractive to them. I promise. You just haven't found the one yet.

• The world is a shallow place which is advantageous for good-looking people. Do the best with what you have. Create your own style, appreciate whatever you have and make the most of it. Some people are technically ugly but have that something about them that draws people to them. Try to be one of those people.

• I don't believe there is a such thing as an ugly person or a beautiful person, only conventionally attractive/ugly people. So if you're speaking conventionally, I always say this and I generally think i'm conventionally unattractive. I hate the whole "it's what's on the inside that matters" thing too but it is true that beauty is subjective

• But but... Beauty is subjective.-.

• But But... Thats not true and you know it.

Look me dead in the fucking eye, And try and convince me ugly people do not exist... You can't...

• For my linking, 70% of the world population is not attractive.

But for other people the ones I find ugly are hot.

Beauty is subjective and I'll never change my mind about this subject.

• I won't say that your face is beautiful, i don't even know what's it like, but I can say that I liked a guy who had ugly (I don't love using that word) face. his face was probably 4/10 or below, but I liked him. I can't explain why though i think it makes sense. All of my friends were surprised that I liked him but I was still attracted to him.(due to his personality)
    That's prove that face is not a main thing we like and appreciate in person.
    Is person attractive only because of his/her face?

• To be fair here, plenty do go based on one issue though in his favor, I have a very good facial structure, small built guy so not overweight, great eyes (at least girls tell me that a lot) BUT I have to shave my head bald from TE I got a couple years back and pretty much all the girls I've found attractive (which by the way mostly matches up with what all my friends agree are attractive) simply can't get past no hair so young, it doesn't matter that I rock it or that I'm attractive otherwise it's something that is an unattractive trait to most it seems, so I'm alone still, and will be until an attractive girl says he's or I pass on. There's no settling in my vocabulary.

Point is there are general traits and guys and girls alike can usually agree what's attractive or not.

• Honestly, while I do think there is a brand of society-constructed 'conventional' beauty, I think beauty itself as a concept is subjective.

I'm a girl people tend to consider 'pretty', but I personally find beauty in most everything. You'd have to be really, really , REALLY ugly (as a person) for me to not be able to find some sort of beauty.

Beauty can be sensed with more than just your eyes.

• Would you rather have them be upfront and say you're ugly AF?

• Yes. Yes I would

• I would appreciate their honesty, I'd much rather know someone hates the look of me, then have them try to act like they don't when they really do.

• Yeah I can repsect that but everyone isn't lying to some females may find you attractive. I know my taste is different from others because my look at me like I'm crazy when I said I think a guy is cute that they think is ugly.

• Its true... Its the inside that matters and once you learn that and learn to love yourself you'll understand why its being used constantly.

• Both choices are irrational. Beauty is only subjective--there is no set standard of beauty that everyone agrees on.

• But it is subjective.. You might be a 3 for some people and a 10 for others, that's why u don't let all this things get in ur head.
    those "attractive" people that say beauty is subjective might be attractive for u and unattractive for others

• Beauty standards differ from country to country
    I don't find some girls/guys who are considered hot attractive.

• She is not da sex bomb & she can't dance

• Are you on meth?

• Wrong comment posted !

• But I actually do think that it is true that beauty is subjective

(hear me out)

Although maybe the majority of people think that you are a 3/10 (just going off what you said), there most likely is at least someone who would rate you a 10/10 due to the fact that there are 7 billion people in the world, so even if it's rare there is likely someone so I wouldn't lose hope.

Now, you might be thinking, "yeah that sounds nice in theory but it doesn't seem to happen in reality". I can give you an example. For me, I am attracted to the opposite of what most girls are attracted to. I'm attracted to guys who are very short and scrawny. I also prefer small penises.

It's also not just me, if you surf the internet you can find a fetish/attraction for just about anything. I've seen fetishes for morbidly obese people, buck teeth, and many other things that most people generally don't find attractive. If there are people who have a strong attraction for these things, the odds are that there will be people who have a strong attraction to you.

What Guys Said 16

• well beauty is subjective, one person might find you look like shit and another person might love what you look like
    this is coming from someone who looks like yoda by the way

• I agree mostly as it does always seem attractive people are those saying looks don't matter etc however hear me out I've heard two sides of the coin-

I got a condition called TE at 18 when my father passed basically aged scalp follicles to where they'd be at 40, so I shave my head bald, now I'm a small pale white guy but by some miracle rock a shaved head-here's the deal though hear is important to many girls so to those who care about hair I'm considered ugly and have been told so, those who don't care so much about hair so I'm a 'fucking stud' as my other features work well with no hair, so on one hand a number of girls find me irresistible while a great deal find me homely, it's a very strange thing and given me good perspective on things, I have yet to find a girl I find attractive enough physically to date who is in the category that doesn't care about the hair but I'll keep going till I find one as settling isn't worth it.

I know it's not exactly in regards to what you spoke of but I mean to show one or two features do make a lot of difference.

• I don't know what you're on to here. I have always perceived myself as strictly average in terms of looks, and I do believe that beauty is subjective.

• As someone who went from being ugly (3/10) to good-looking (7/10), LOOKS REALLY MATTER. And I mean A LOT!

I always acted nicely and was throwing jokes all the time, but when I was ugly only my friends would laugh. People who didn't knew me would be like: "Dafuq is this clown saying? Who does he think he is?" It used to be a good filter for people who are douchebags.

Nowadays, even the lamest jokes get a laugh from someone. People want me to like them, they try to get my attention. It's so weird, something so superficial can mean so much.

BUT, what I learned is that truly good people will always treat you the same, no matter how you look. In the end, those are the people you'll want as friends, as SO.

And yeah, I still hate when attractive people say bullshit like that, they were never in our shoes. They never had to try harder and still achieve less. But hey, it's up to you to live in self pity for your whole life or do something about it. You probably have qualities of your own, intelligence for example.

To good people, looks really don't matter.

• People should hear or speak or tell the truth. If there is an ugly person, why lie to that person?

• I think beauty is subjective as in various period have different tastes and preferences you know?

• But beauty is subjective bro. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

• You realise this is EXACTLY what im on about right? Buff dude with big muscles and shit telling an ugly person that looks don't matter?

No offence mate, But like you would know what its like to literally have 90% of people you meet look at you in disgust...

• Up to you brah.. I said everything I could. Hope you change your mind

• I appreciate your time mate, All the best in life to you.

• People are more shallow than they'd like to think, including you and I, that said, most people are also more attractive than they believe themselves to be. And it is semi subjective, I have an attractiveness "range" I suppose for my crushes, any girl I develop feelings for is usually a 7-9, does that make me shallow, probably, but it is up to me to determine what a 7-9 is in my opinion, granted, most opinions are relatively similar, so once again, it's semi subjective with a general acceptance of what beauty is

• Of course there's universally ugly, but that label is typically reserved for the disfigured. You may not be seen as attractive by the vast majority of people with your 'confirmed' 3/10 looks, but that doesn't mean there isn't a 3/10 - 4/10 uggo chick that finds you attractive.

TL;DR beauty is subjective, just stop focusing your attention on hot entitled chicks that think their looks boost their value and get with some uggo 4/10 chick.

• Yea I agree... the one that doesn't have to deal with the issue will most likely downplay it. Beauty is subjective but that subjectiveness still revolves around a certain standard.

• Because beauty is subjective.
    The hottest woman I can currently think of, my friend finds her completely unattractive.
    So there.

• I can smell a insecure attractive guy sitting behind a computer and trolling.
    Come on.
    I bet you still look better than me at least.

• There's a difference beauty and attraction. I suggest you look it up.

• Beauty causes attraction genius...

I understand there is a difference in meaning between the two words, Not once did i EVER say they meant the same thing? Beauty and attraction go hand in hand, You cannot be attractive unless you have beauty.

• Definition Of Beauty:a combination of qualities, such as shape, colour, or form, that pleases the aesthetic senses, especially the sight.
      Definition Of Attraction:the action or power of evoking interest in or liking for someone or something.
      Sigh, if only people would listen to me. A Beautiful person need not be attractive and vice versa. Trust me, I know. I know by experience.

• i think they have a good point tho

• There's several reasons why "beautiful" people do this
    1. Majority of the world isn't beautiful and no one likes feeling the negatives of being different. When you're beautiful everyone assumes dating is easy for you when in reality the majority of people won't date you because they think you're out of thier league. A good portion of people hate you for no other reason than what you look like. People often assume your unfaithful and rarely trust you. And those that do like you and act on it often do not know or care about anything about you other than what you look like. You rarely have friends because everyone wants to date you and you're either considered a jerk for leading people on despite never expressing any kind of interest or you have to reject them and they just never talk to you again.
    2. A lot of beautiful people feel negatively about thier looks. A lot of people don't believe thier beautiful because just like everyone else in the world they've experienced rejection. Sometimes they feel guilty because they've done absolutely nothing to deserve all of the positive sides of being beautiful. And they have to bottle up all the negative experiences because no one wants to listen to the attractive person complain about thier life.
    3. A beautiful person who isn't nice is the most hated person ever. People feel no restraint about shitting on a beautiful person's "flaws". They assume because they're beautiful it's totally okay because they probably get complimented all the time. And if you don't try your best to make people see you postively they'll turn on you in a second. And expressing vanity by simply owning up to how good you look (when you actually do look more attractive than average) is like opening the flood gates of hate every person envious of how you look has been waiting to give you. Even writing that sentences feels vane.
    4. Beautiful people know the truth. Being beautiful ain't shit. It doesn't make you happy it just makes you slightly less sad. Beautiful people have the same needs as everyone else and having people look at you all the time doesn't fufill those needs. Beautiful people want to have relationships to and if they're restricted to only dating people equally or more attractive then them their dating pool shrinks tremendously. And what's the point of being beautiful if you still go through life alone.

So that's why beautiful people try to downplay they're physical attractiveness.

• I always says it's not subjective as most people think. Almost everyone on this website acts like no matter what picture you post half the people will prefer the first one and half will prefer the second one. If I posted Chris hemsworth and some random guy Chris will win 90 percent of the time. That doesn't sound very subjective to me. It's possible some people will prefer the random guy but it will be a very very small number.

• It's not as subjective as most people think I meant.