Am I light skin?

Am I light skin?

Lately, due to a lot of my family being dark, I've been being called the "light skin". My whole life I've honestly just looked at myself as black. They joke like "Are you sure you're family? I mean you're like three shades lighter than me." So, I just wanted you guys to tell me if I'm light skin or not.

Most Helpful Girl

• To all the white /non-black people commenting 😑😩 He's not asking if he looks light as in white skin. I'm pretty surrbhes highly aware that he's black. 😂 Black people come in different shades which why we go by light skinned, Carmel, and, chocolate. Yes, your are an example of a light skinned black person. I know because I'm black but a tad bit lighter then you and, my boyfriend is a tad bit darker then you but people still cal him light skinned

Most Helpful Guy

• i'd say so yea.

• lawl at the "you're still black" comments. c'mon people.

What Girls Said 12

• Well, you're definitely white. I don't know what the rest of your family look like, but you're not really that dark, so I guess yeah, you might be light compared to them, though I doubt anyone would look at you and not see that you were black so it's all cool :P

• I get called light skin as well. But I prefer caramel. It sounds a bit better than saying lightskinned haha, cause at the end of the day, we're all still brown. So you my dude, are caramel as well ;-)

• Yes you are

• You're like a caramel brown. I guess you can be light skinned but your body appears darker than your face. I don't think it matters. Are you insecure?

• Lol white folks. I'm sure he knows he black. He undeniably black. No matter how light skin a black person is... We know we are black!

• well, compared to me you're dark, but compared to one of my friends you're light. it really D expends on who you look at it

• More like a light brown.

• Join the lighty creeeew

• You look nice black to me... and ur skin is light but not that much... you are still black u are like light compared to them thats all.. but it looks nice

• I'm not sure! You are whatever you want to be!! Your cute though 😊

• Your still black, just a lighter shade.

• no dark skin

• Your skin is much lighter than this boy's sandpail.files.wordpress.com/2010/12/dsc00221.jpg but you're still black.

What Guys Said 11

• Yeah, you have a bit lighter skin.

You do realize that is not a bad thing?

• Yeah you're definitely light skinned bruh (like me lol) :)

• I honestly don't know the criteria but I would say definitely black but light skinned.

• Light for a black person at least. You're still standing behind all the white guys in the shower so to speak though.

• it's hard to tell when the lighting is right in front of your face. but i've seen lighter.

• Yer darker than me, but I'm a honky.

• naw your not that light, i get called drake all the time for my light skin so you could be worse lol

• look at the hodgetwins and compare yourself :) They're light-skin dudes.

• Yes you're now part of the light skin army.

• you are a light skinned black guy but compared to a white guy your dark.

• You're still black, just lighter