How could anyone be attracted to me?

I feel like I have all these features that work against me in the eyes of the male 'preference'.
I'm short (5'1). Almost all guys I know prefer their women 5'5+.
I'm flat chested.
I'm pale.
I'm blonde. Everyone knows brunettes are the prefered type.
My waist isn't that small and my hips aren't that big.
I'm not very feminine. I take pride in being able to do hard, physical labor on my own.
I like nerd stuff like astronomy, paleontology, and ecology instead of being good at dancing, fashion, and makeup.
I'm clumsy and I swear and I take terrible pictures thanks to me not being photogenic one bit.

It seems everything that makes up who I am is the opposite of what is generally preferred and it's a little disheartening. I like who I am, but I'm not sure if anyone else will.

Most Helpful Guy

• You're a girl, And you're young.

Someone will be attracted to you... Its literally fucking impossible there won't be... Shit like that dosen't matter.

Some girl i went to school with, Is like 5ft 3, Weighs about 350-400lbs, And is dating some extremely fit, And good looking guy who use to be in the army and shit.

Seriously, Being a girl is enough to get a date, You guys have literally no fucking idea how easy it is to date a girl, You can litterally go up to like 90% of guys, Ask them out and i gurantee the majority will say yes.

Most Helpful Girl

• First off, I'm pretty sure a ton of guys don't have a preference in hair color (and those that do usually have a fixation on blondes) and most guys actually claim they prefer a "natural" look to makeup. (I actually feel a little discriminated against since makeup is one of my favorite hobbies, I don't appreciate dudes telling me not to be myself). Plenty of men prefer short women (and you're one of the few that can date short guys without towering over them which is so cool, i'm 5'2 and I def take advantage of this) Anyhow, you said you like who you are, that's AWESOME!!! You already have a leg up, confidence is definitely attractive. Just let your unique and wonderful self shine through and the right people will recognize it.

What Guys Said 21

• Never heard a guy judge a woman based on height in my entire life. ever. Thats something women do. Plenty of guys preffer flat chested women and plenty more are indifferent. I will say I don't know if blondes are preffered or not but again, never heard a man not be attrated to a woman because of hair color, a ferrari that is hot pink is still a ferrari ie she might not have the ideal hair color but that isn't going to stop a guy from liking you any less. Don't know about the hip ratio, doubt its a big deal. As for hard labor, some guys might like that some may not but its a single trait out of many so unlikely to be a major factor. Your nerdy, lots of guys like nerdy girls. As for photos, who cares? So, to be perfectly blunt I don't think you know what is generally preferred, I think your probably fine and while some guys might not like you, other guys will just like every other girl on the planet.

• There is someone for everyone. You think you are the opposite but there are men who are attracted to the opposite. Don't put yourself down, just because you don't fit into a box doesn't mean you aren't beautiful.
    Men with any sort of thinking outside of their testicles are obviously motivated by physical attraction first, but stay due to inward beauty - personality, intelligence, how you challenge us, etc. Any sort of relationship that is based just on appearances will be doomed from the start. Although their are plenty of men and women who are shallow enough to do this, by and large I believe we are mature enough to seek adult relationships based on more than just physical attraction as we grown to get to know one another.
    So hang in there.

• Height is not problem
    No boobs is okay
    Pale can be changed by exercises
    Blonde, I love and everyone loves blondes
    Feminine looks can be developed you need to squat to get a nice ass.. And boobs implants if you need.
    Nerdy stuff I can spend hrs discussing, about the planet! Hidden researches...
    Clumsy is cute, and dear they already made adobe photoshop to fix that problem

• No pic = no comment

• You must be in the wrong place. Come to Seattle and you will have a bunch of tech guys falling all over you -- nice guys who make good money. I have a colleague who is perfect for you.

by the way, the brunettes thinks guys only go for blondes. And yet every year millions of blondes and brunettes and redheads and tall women and short women and busty women and flat-chested women somehow get married.

• I don't know, you dont sound too bad to me. lol. If I knew you, I wouldn't automatically not like you b/c of any of the reasons you listed. And you interests seem pretty cool to me. lol.

• a girl actually asked me if her being 5'2', as i am 5''10, was a deal breaker, and I was a little amazed. short girls really have that worry?

look, being short and pale and blond are not crippling things.

grow your hair longish and make it look nice.
    stay fit. maybe running/yoga/light weights?
    dress attractive and be feminine.

you will have no worries.

• A big issue here is your obvious lack of self esteem. I happen to love blondes and shorter women are adorable to me especially if they have a strong personality. Your nerdy interests may not attract some guys, but take it from a proud nerd like me that those interests are a breath of fresh air from the norm that drives me nuts. Keep your head up and that right guy will come, and based off what you told me the right guys will most likely be a guy who has his life together and will be able to support a family. You have a bright future just keep that in mind

• You sound like my type, 'cept for the hair. Though, I would likely date a blonde if I didn't know she was...

• Cause you're beautiful 😍

• You sound ok to me.

• "I'm blonde. Everyone knows brunette snare the preferred type." This flies in the face of scientific knowledge.

• doesn't sound too bad to me honestly. I like my girls different then the stereotype. And you sound like different wich is a good thing if you ask me. I think i would be interested in you

• You make a good point.

• OMG no one wants to read all this just send a pic

• Just keep on being you. Someone will come along who wants you just how you are.

• You're right, nobody is ever going to love you.

• I love girls who are your height, I love small breasts as opposed to give ones. I don't care about palee skin. So what's the problem?

• sound just fine to me

• Many guys prefer blondes. Many LOVE fair skin as well. Nerds can be sexy. Being clumsy can be cute. Boob size is not all that important. Not everyone prefers wide hips. How you look on photos doesn't count, in person is what matters. There are lots of guys who'd prefer your type.

• Let me address each and every one of them.
    I prefer shorter girls than taller ones.
    I prefer flat to i believe ''A cup" is the correct term.
    Prefer pale ladies.
    I do not have a preference for hair colour. As long as the hair is long, i am all over it.
    Average waste and hips dont bother me much.
    I am not into the feminine ladies at all. You want me to ignore you, plaster makeup, high heels and lavish evening dresses.
    I only prefer nerdy girls. The more nerdy the better.
    Clumsy just means you are more fun. Find me someone who does not swear. As for pictures... i have a grand total of maybe a dozen photos of myself. In my entire life.

I see nothing i dont want here. can't get much more awesome in that checklist.

• Oh and when i mean 'I am all over it', that is a figure of speech, meaning i very much love it.

What Girls Said 3

• Oh honey, somebody is going to think you're perfect just the way you are. Wait for that somebody. You dont want the kind of guy thats only attracted to the cookie cutter girl anyway. You're not an average woman dont worry about what average men want. Give yourself some credit. :-)

• I got way more attention when I was blond.

So.. I'm not sure where the "everyone knows brunettes are the preferred type" comes from?

I went back to dark to get some peace..

• You're blonde lol Blondes attract more attention.

I'm pretty much like you, just shorter and dark. And I wonder the same thing. I feel like guys just have low standards.