I am so ugly and dark skinned and I wish I was Japanese?

I am an ugly dark skinned Ghanaian female. Every picture I take comes out scary looking. Even though I'm only 23 years old I look like a 40 year old woman. Why did God make some people attractive and others hideous? I don't like myself the way God made me. No wonder guys never approach me. No wonder guys never compliment me or flirt with me. Guys never notice me. I wish I was a cute Japanese female.

I wish I looked more like this:

Most Helpful Guy

• I am going to be honest, cause well this is GAG. I hope you're not feeling offended or anything... ok here goes!

You're not ugly. I see no hideous creature, but just a woman who should do some yoga and a workout. I think you just need to lose some pounds, but that is pretty much it. You'd be surprised by some transformations if you look around. You are beautiful, and I bet that you have a beautiful smile too, but you hide that from us, unfortunately.

Believe me, one of those Asian girls that you posted, don't think that they are all 'natural' because a lot have gotten some surgery to get 'beautiful'
    Also... you need to accept and love yourself before you can start loving another

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a beauty therapist would you like some tips? You look fine except that glum expression maybe that's the reason no one will approach you... smile then post a picture I bet you look a lot better smiling..

You've almond shaped eyes.. use some eyeliner to show them off..
    Where's your eyebrows? You over plucked them... get them threaded next time..

Your hair is typical Afro hair - let you into a secret I'm white I've frizzy hair too.. I straighten mine and use clip in hair extensions.. think your hairs to short for that but grow it to below your ears until then..

That top your wearing it makes you look older... maybe update your wardrobe to suit your age group.. assume you're a larger girl but that don't mean u should dress is granny Jones clothes..

all minor adjustments until confident enough to get out there and date

Experment with make up also get tips from YouTube..

Lastly what hobby would you like to try but never got round to doing it? Well be brave join up. post an update in a few months let us know how you got on... hopefully a big smile on your face next time x

What Guys Said 16

• You my dear, are beautiful just the way you are. You do not need to be lighter skinned in anyway. Take pride in yourself and don't let anyone talk you down - including yourself! Spend time finding all the things that you like about yourself and focus on those. Build yourself up, don't tear yourself down. Live, love, laugh!

• Beauty is in the eye of beholder. Some people will find you more beautiful than the Japanese woman you compare yourself to. Also, you can copy some things other people you admire have. For example, I know people who I think are smarter than me at many stuff. I feel insecure about it as a learning disabled person. I copy some of their good qualities and try to add it to myself and self-improve. Of course, don't copy everything from a person you admire because it kills one's true self, which is who we really are. You don't even have to go this route if you love yourself. Confidence makes a person so much more sexier. A smile and some confidence is all you need to be beautiful. :)

• Hey now there is nothing scary about you, and everyone is wonderful in some way or another if not on the outside then on the inside.

• Not sure why God does it. Maybe you have a purpose that doesn't require you do be super attractive.

Also, if you lost weight, you'd look much better and probably feel much better about yourself.

• Yes i understand your fustration... with a limited number of people there will always be contrast. Ying and yang... without hot how do we know cold? Without happy how do you know sad

Its all part of the balance and its just a physical body. None of it really matters too much but i can see where you're coming from

• Why? You look normal to me.

If you want to look better exercise.

• You are what you are. Everyone has something they wish they could change, but sometimes you just have to accept that you were born the way you were. Think of it this way: those traits could never actually magically be yours the way your life is now. You'd would have different parents, be born in a different place, have different genetics, personality, and experiences. In other words, the person who you are wouldn't exist.

• This is such a troll, Go back to Yahoo answers lol

• It would really help if you smiled more.

• love yourself.

• try smiling so you don't look like you hate yourself.

• Not all Japanese look like that, some Japanese are ugly while some black girls are hot.

• two things you need to do:
    1. smile
    2. lose few pounds
    voila guys approach you

• So, you are fine just the way you are. Stop wishing for something else.

• you are cute actually. you need to learn to be more chill and appreciate what you got

• You look fine, 😀 there's someone out there for everyone.

• I'm not trying to be a dick but lets be honest would you date her is she fine looking, i think you just don't want to be mean but she is a 3-4 although this could be improved keeping fit etc.

• No, but because you're insecure about yourself you want everybody else to feel bad too, because you're selfish and pitiful.
      Maybe he actually does find her fine looking, why is your opinion better or more correct than his? Who are you to tell him he is wrong, and even if you think he is then why should anyone care about your "correct" opinion, that does nothing but harm someone? @Josht11

• @ShaeNielson I don't give a shit if my opinion harms someone I'm gonna give you honest criticism and if you're gonna act like a baby and feel hurt by WORDS then fuck off.

What Girls Said 16

• There's nothing wrong with you. Just wear a nice hairstyles (braids, weave, etc..). Put on a little makeup and visit the gym a bit, and you'll be fine.

I'm literally about to cry right now, because you hate the way you are. You dont need guys approaching you to find your self-worth. If they don't approach you how you are now, then they aren't even worth it to begin with.

• this broke my heart.
    you are not ugly. at all. u do not look 'scary' don't say that. don't ever insult God's creation like that, even if it's you. Just because you don't see the beauty, doesn't mean others don't. U know what? fuck the guys who don't approach you, that isn't the issue. don't place your value on someone who doesn't give enough of a damn about you to see past your exterior. he isn't worth a single thought, or tear.
    beauty is in ALL races, including black.

now, i believe you should love yourself as you are, but if you want to boost that self esteem, u can consider little temporary solutions such as makeup or buying yourself something nice. if you want more of a long term goal, u can opt to get yourself in better shape. the difference it makes is unbelievable. i hope u learn to love yourself in time.

• Sweetie, the reason you're not having success with guys is primarily because of your self hating vibe. Believe me, everybody has a special super power -and it is picking up what kind of vibe you put off. Lots of ugly fat girls can get attention from guys, because they know how to project the right attitude, confidence, self-love, smile, and flirt in obvious, easy-to-read ways. I'm considered a good looking girl and trust me, I have the worst experiences -if ANY-with guys. Stop blaming God, who had nothing to do with who your parents decided to have sex with. Start taking responsibility for YOUR looks and YOUR attitude. Just by changing your attitude, you can get some guys now, but here's what you need to do, to have better chances:

1) STOP THE SELF DEFEATING TALK - This will sabotage all your efforts. You will fail at everything you do. I'm sorry you don't like dark skin. I wanted to be your complexion when i was young. Even if you don't like the color, at least you have a great complexion hardly any bumps.

2) PRETEND TO BE CONFIDENT-PROJECT A GOOD VIBE - People will treat you differently when you project that vibe. They will like you more. Be forced to respect you. Just want to be around you, period. People like being around confident people because it makes them feel secure. Don't be paranoid. Don't mistake people's unrelated actions, like getting up, walking away, as personal rejection.

3) LOSE WEIGHT - Go online to figure out how many calories you need to lose, and stick with it. You look 40 because of the weight. You have a very small frame - not good for being overweight. Fat is the biggest killer when it comes to looks. You have a relatively cute face --->straight, cute nose, defined lips and slightly Asian looking eyes hiding under all that. If you lost the weight, plenty of hot nonconformist Japanese guys, and cute guys in general, would go for you.

3) GROW OUT YOUR HAIR - at least to medium length. Most guys prefer it. Reduce heat straightening, or eliminate altogether until you reach desired length. Go natural for a while. If you feel you're ugly already, this shouldn't be too difficult.

4) LEARN TO APPROACH GUYS - Nothing wrong with this, and will put you WAY ahead of the other girls. They won't think you're desperate. They'll probably be relieved. Don't go up to the guy and say you're cute or be sleazy rubbin on his arm. Just talk about something else. Geez - you're a girl, you know how to start conversations about literally anything..

• nah girl that s wrong.
    that puppy face of you is making me wanna squeeze you ^^
    Look people have different preferences.

the reason people aren t approaching you is your lack of self esteem. you send a don t approach me I am ugly vibe.
    People tend to believe the image we project. never heard of fake it till you make it?
    other than the attitude, you can work on yourself to look better,
    your hair: make it longer
    from what I can see you need to loose a bit of few pounds. just a bit :p
    and finally smile and dress up nice.

• I am so ugly and dark skinned and I wish I was Japanese?
    In my opinion instead of pity partying do something about it. There are actions you can take such as:
    Hair: wig/extensions
    Eyes: false eyelashes
    Skin: skin lightening ala lactic acid acid peels, lactic acid lotions, and hq creams
    Body: lose weight

• Clip in extensions.. her hair is Afro when in natural state looks thick but it is very fine.. Extrnsions and weaves take its toll eventually and leave bald spots.. always clip ins!! Let her get used to normal makeup before going extreme it takes time to boost that up.. no acid near her face a good moisturiser is all that's needed and facial scrub.. she's 23 not 43! she doesn't have confidence in losing weight at moment so bit patronising towards the lassie... she needs to get to a neutral attitude before she worries about her weight

• @experienedLass
      It's not crap to call out seemingly lacking reading comprehension (that I said it's okay for infants/toddlers to get peels) and misinformed notions (acid peels damage base on age rather then incorrect usage and skin thinness).

• Wowww your stupidity amazes me. Changing the way you look does nothing for your inner self esteem in the long run. At the end of the day it's retarded to tell someone to change there exterior to make themselves more confident

• omg you are NOT ugly, please dont be so hard on yourself.
    stop comparing yourself to others, thats just gonna bring more negative thoughts and thats not healthy at all.
    you are beautiful, your skin colour is gorgeous and the same way u like light skin, other girls with light skin would want yours.. The biggest problem we have as humans is that we complain about everything, specially about our looks.
    you have to work hard to get to the best version of YOURSELF, get convinced that thats how you look like and thats how you are gonna look for the rest of your life, there's no point on wishing to be someone you will never be.
    before thinking about the fact guys don't approach u, start thinking about u approaching to that confident girl that is hiding inside of u, you just need a change in your attitude and thats gonna bring u huge changes in your life :)

• That girl in photo, she got plastic surgery like 4 times trust me. There is nothing to believe in media

• You are lovely, and I can see you would be really cute if you gave a big smile!

You really need to love yourself, I know it sounds so simple but it makes a world of difference to every day life.
    Talk to a doctor about linking in with a councillor/therapist. They can give you tools and exercises on self love and care.

Good luck and take care, you beautiful girl you!

• U are a beautiful dark toned African women (am African too) and u represent all a category of people by saying this but you are wrong let chines people be them selves you are beautiful i swear to god... u just need to show it... maybe take care of how do you look?

• You're beautiful❤️
    Smile, and love yourself.
    For others to love you, you must first love yourself.

• U look good! what if U tried wearing wigs or weaves if U don't like your hair? I think ur skin tone is honestly pretty.

• I don't find you attractive, sorry.

I'm dark skinned myself. Only one guy asked me out my whole life. :p

• But please, wear makeup style your hair Do something that makes you feel pretty.

• @Haksbk I'm not saying she's ugly because she's black man. Trust me there's some real pretty black girls at my school but yeah, the media is brain washing.

• But you made a link between being dark skinned and not getting asked out

• Please smilee more than. I think you ara beautiful too. But you needs some Makeup and smiley lips

• You're not ugly, but you're not doing anything to make yourself beautiful either. Lose weight, grow your hair out, use makeup, smile, don't wear grandma clothes.

You're pretty with potential for more :)

• you're perfect the way you look. you're special. You have a beautiful face with beautiful lips and (yes even though theyre brown) eyes. Im sure you're beautiful from the inside too. So dont worry about not being flirted. Im sure someone out there wants you but is afraid to come and talk to you 😆And about the part that you look 40 and 23 is wrong. You look just fine and natural for your age :) and have sth in mind:When you'll be 40 you will look 23 ;)

• Maybe men don't approach you because they notice how fucking mental you are. Or maybe they do approach you but then you start to ramble about how much of a noble, righteous being you are, or about your blood type. Who the fuck knows.

• That time of the month, anon?

• Haven't seen this one before, but I guess that's not a surprise.

• You need medical help...