Do you ever compliment someone on something (furniture, kids, clothes) when you really think its hideous?

Girl 1 :"hey"
Girl 2 :"hey girl"

talking and asking each other how you doing and stuff then the convo gets dull

Girl 1 :"where did you get that shirt it is gorgeous!"
Girl 2 :*clearly has on ugilest shirt ever* "oh its old actually"
Girl 1 :"yeah but i still like it its really nice"

• this is so me
    6% (1)21% (4)14% (5)Vote
  • i've never done this
    71% (12)58% (11)64% (23)Vote
  • sometimes
    23% (4)21% (4)22% (8)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
6|4

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 3

• Yes, but it was extreme sarcasm and pretty obvious. I got a friend that makes the most ridiculous, poor decisions ever for some reason, and he once rented a car to drive 20 hours to buy another car off some dude in the middle of nowhere for $4k... It was old and shitty and barely ran, fallin apart, yet he was braggin about what a steal he got, so eventually, some of us just started freakin out, bein like "WHOA, look at that car! THAT'S NICE!!!" Also, he had a perfectly good car that needed about $300-400 in maintenance to fix that he refused to use. Weird guy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope! If I don't like something about someone, i don't say anything, rather than use false praises or even genuine insults.

1|0
    0|0
  • Ahhh nope... if it is unattractive I just avoid the issue.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• I mean... you can't just tell someone they made an ugly human, now can you?

0|0
    0|0
  • No, I'm honest, even when I shouldn't. 😂
    If I say something it's sure thing that it's really what I think.

0|0
    0|0
  • You mean act like a total phoney? Lol! No. I'm not mean and saying: "You look ratchet" but I change the subject.

0|0
    0|0
  • I did compliment a girl on her clothes, they weren't bad but just plain and she ignored me probably knowing that it wasn't genuine. The next time she had bows in her hair, I complimented her and she accepted it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'd prefer to only receive genuine compliments so I only give genuine compliments.

0|0
    0|0
  • No, definitely not. If I'm going to compliment someone it has be genuine.

0|0
    0|0