Guys, Is 5' 5" short for a girl?

I'm 5' 5" girl and 110 lbs but I always feel so inferior with people who are 5' 7" or in general taller than me. I feel really insecure about my height. I also feel like clothes look better on taller people and that guys like taller girls.

19

Most Helpful Guy

• 5'5" is actually average for North American females. Some places on earth have an average female height and some places actually have a shorter average female height.

Now, some guys do prefer taller girls. But I think MOST guys prefer a girl who is probably a few inches shorter than them.

What Guys Said 18

• Personally, I'm not picky with height at all, and have even dated women taller than me (I'm around 5'11"), but if I had to pick one that I liked the most, that height would be about my favorite. Maybe even shorter. So, you're fine

• I think that's about average for girls. Maybe a little shorter but only by a little. No need to feel insecure. Most guys are not too picky on a girl's height. Plus, tall guys tend to like shirt girls.

• I would say 5'5 is around the upper end of average for a girl so no worries

• no thats pretty much average for females imo!

• I don't know about others but
    your height is kinda perfect for me :P

• Nope. I like 5'5 or even slightly shorter like 5'2. So much more fun.

• Lmaoo that's pretty average for chicks but I am in taller chicks

• 5"5 is average height, and it is a perfect height for me. I'm 5"10.

• Close, but it's about average. I would consider anything under 5'4 to be short

• No guys don't "prefer" taller girls. I'm 5'10" and I think 5'5" is the perfect height.

• Normal.

• nope not short

• i think.. ur height is to me..

• my missus is 5"2 and im 6"2 so i widnt worry bout it

• Nah, it's about average.

• It's short for a guy, not a girl. Being 5' 5" is fine, don't worry.

• It isn't short at all.

• Actually tall guys like shorter girls :) and I dont really think you are that short